ONN – Oakland Raiders Don Webb Speaks On Cable-Net Roof Problem At Las Vegas Stadium Authority Meeting
Las Vegas – At the Las Vegas Stadium Authority Meeting held on January 16th, 2017, and to open the 2020 year, Oakland Raiders Chief Operating Officer Don Webb addressed the much talked-about cable-net roof problem. Webb contends that the media focused on one set of words in the Grand Canyon Development Partners report filed in November of 2019, but uploaded for view just this week – but didn’t tell the full story.
From this vlogger’s view, that’s because the Stadium Authority just posted the December Stadium Progress Report today, just before the Las Vegas Stadium Authority Meeting. That new report said the following:
Consistent with the Construction Monitor’s report, GCDP noted that they are working off a somewhat dated project schedule (November 3, 2019) with the expectation that a revised schedule will be provided reflecting adjusted work sequences based on activities that have been “completed, delayed and accelerated.” GCDP noted continued challenges with the cable-net roofing system, expecting the ‘big-lift’ would recommence the week of January 13, 2020.(GCDP has subsequently reported that this process actually restarted a few days ahead of expectations on January 10,2020). GCDP anticipates that the challenges with the cable-net system will delay completion of the roofing system untilleast mid-May.This expectation notwithstanding (and consistent with the Construction Monitor’s report), GCDP indicated that the cable-net roof is currently not on the critical pathand that StadCo has advised that thedelay should not negatively affect the overall completion schedule.
In its December 2019 report, GCDP reiterated concern of heighted risk resulting from additional exposure to weather due to the delay in enclosing the stadium. However ,its most current report also notes that the contractor has “provided protection at the roof to mitigate any possible water infiltration due to rain.” GCDP further detailed a number of project elements that have progressed at or ahead of schedule. These include, without limitation,(i) layout for under-slab drainage, grade beams, rails and slab on grade beingunderway,with most of the grade beams and rails in place and poured, allowing slab on grade to be completed on or around February 12, 2020; (ii) thearea around the stadium receiving final grading in selected areas, and curb, gutter and sidewalks and driveways being installed; (iii) scoreboard secondary steel and catwalks being completedon the north scoreboards,andsecondary steel and catwalks being installed on the south scoreboard; (iv) seating rail installationbeing onschedule,allowing for the installation of stadium seating, which is expected to start the week of January 13, 2020; (v) material progress on theexterior enclosure; (vi) suites,having been framed,now being ready toreceive drywall; (vii) successful acceleration of lower bowl stadia erection allowingevent level spaces(e.g., commissaryand locker room facilities) to be advanced;(viii) successful installation of all fourlanai doors;and (ix)material process in terms of millwork, tile work, painting,wall coverings and other finish work.
Respecting the need to “closely observe and report” on the effectiveness of strategies to overcome the immediate challenges, GCDP continues to note that “beneficial occupancy by the Raiders can be accomplished.” GCDPfurther acknowledged that in an effort tokeep the project on track for a timely completion, the contractor is actively working second shifts and Saturdays and Sundays (as needed) and “avariety of trades are now using 6-day schedules to maintain work activities to help make up for lost time in an effort to achieve the original completion(TCO)date.”
Note from Oakland News Now Technical: this video-blog post shows the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland City Auditor Homelessness Report Blasts Encampments Without Solution To Problem
- Zennie Abraham Zennie62Media Presentation On Social Media For Your International Trade Business
- City Auditor, Courtney Ruby: Oakland Homeless Encampments Cost City Of Oakland $12.6 Million
- YouTube’s Creator Responsibility Initiative
- Jonathan Pentland Soldier In Jail After Assault On Black Young Man In South Carolina Is Lesson
- Jessica Dwyer Talks With Zennie Abraham About Her Tony Todd Candyman Interview
- Rotary Club of Oakland Civic Wednesday Meeting April 14, 2021
- Jadeveon Clowney Signs One Year Deal with Browns | CBS Sports HQ
- Brandon Dawkins Thanks Oakland Police Officer Mike For Service At Oakland Coliseum During Raiders Games
- AmeriCorps NCCC Team Blue 5 Oakland Mobile Vaccine Pop-Up
- Getting Vaccinated At The Oakland Coliseum Site
- Prosecuting Attorney In Chauvin Trial Reduces Chauvin Defense Pathology Expert Claims To Nothing
- Coinbase Direct Listing Discussion
- Rachael “Rachul” Frieza Crossfit Super Muscular Hot Instagram Female Athlete @rachulfreyafit
- Brian Armstrong Coinbase CEO Who Gave Me My First Bitcoin After Meeting At Mars Bar SF, Goes Public
- Mock Draft Live Two Weeks Away From The 2021 NFL Draft
- 1974 Oakland Raiders Season
- Oakland Athletics Post-Game From Phoenix By Richard Haick
- Oakland Public Library: Hora De Cuentos: 5 En La Cama
- Oakland Athletics at Arizona Diamondbacks at Chase Field in Phoenix by Richard Haick