Las Vegas via YouTube – After telling News 3 Las Vegas Alex Fresquez that the Allegiant Stadium Las Vegas Stadium would be open for the public on July 31, 2020 (even saying that rumors of delays were “stupid”) now, Raiders Chief Operating Officer Don Webb says the giant facility will be “substantially completed”, but not open to the public.
Don Webb said that at Monday’s Las Vegas Stadium Authority November 18, 2019 Meeting. After showing a drone presentation of where the stadium is in its progress toward completion, Webb popped off that he said “ad nauseam” that the stadium would be “substantially completed”.
Now, “ad nauseam” means:
referring to something that has been done or repeated so often that it has become annoying or tiresome.
So, the whole News 3 Las Vegas Alex Fresquez news segment was just an exercise in fake news? It would seem so. The only question is, why?
Maybe they didn’t like this Oakland News Now report, the one that said the Raiders would be at the Coliseum for NFL Season 2020? They seem to forget the Oakland Raiders did give themselves that option, and they have until April 1st to figure out if they want to take it.
If the Raiders don’t take the Coliseum Lease Option, and the Las Vegas Stadium’s not finished for the NFL 2020 Season, the Silver and Black could be in an avoidably difficult situation, not unlike the Oracle Park debacle of 2018.
But the fact remains that on November 3rd, 2019, Mr. Webb told Alex Fresquez that the stadium would be open by July 31st, 2020. In fact, as you can see in the video below, the station opened its news report saying “Inside the Allegiant Stadium. The stadium is reportedly on track according to its chief operating officer. The stadium is scheduled to open July 2020.”
I figured someone pressured Webb to make that news report. Then someone else pressured Webb to back away from it. I wonder who that was…
Because legendary 872 Laborers Union President Tommy White….
Yeah, the same Tommy White who gave me the Raiders Stadium Construction Pin (always support the labor unions)…
…starred in his own ‘let’s make sure they know we’re going to finish Allegiant Stadium on time’ news segment with News3’s Steve Wolford on November 1st, just two days before Webb’s now-ill-fated attempt at spin on the same Las Vegas TV Station:
Raiders, Don Webb, And Tommy White Should Forget The Spin And Just Build The Las Vegas Stadium
Webb’s got a tough job being put in a place where he has to bend the truth – he seems like a good man, so I feel for him. The Oakland Raiders should just let Webb focus on building the stadium right, and be happy with the truth.
When Las Vegas Stadium is finished, it’s going to transform Sin City, and give it access to a level of large-scale entertainment productions even it never had before.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Derek Chauvin Murder Trial Verdict Reaction Vlog After Murder Of George Floyd
- WATCH LIVE: Jury in Derek Chauvin trial expected to return a verdict
- Oakland School News: OUSD Unveil’s New Green Schoolyard In Celebration Of Earth Day
- A Shooting Has Taken Place At A Stop & Shop In West Hempstead, NY, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Look At Oakland Lake Merritt Instagram Videos Shows Fun Gathering – Are Complaints Just Racism?
- Oakland Lake Merritt Vendors Move From Lakeshore To Grand Avenue, But Racist Take Remains
- Memories of Roy Steele, Oakland A’s Announcer
- Oakland Police Chief Antioch Press Conference
- Oakland Mayor’s Town Hall Budget Summit – Guaranteed Income
- Renaming to White Supremacy Resolution
- The Sounds Of Oakland: Sideshow Season 2021 OPD Responds
- Amtrak Capital Corridor #527 train Southbound at The Oakland Coliseum Amtrak Station 4KHD
- More Oakland Unified Elementary Students Return to School
- The Sounds Of Oakland: The OPD Engagement Of The 2021 Protest Season
- 11370 Golf Links Road, Oakland, CA | Michael and Nicole Wilhelm, Compass
- Oakland Vigil & Protest for Daunte Wright & Adam Toledo 4/16/2021
- Berkeley Councilmember Ben Bartlett Says FAA Threatens City’s Skies
- President Biden, First Lady, Vice President Harris Statements On Walter Mondale’s Passing
- Oakland A’s Road Warrior Ways Produce 8-Game Win Streak, 9-7 Record
- City of Oakland, Partners, Welcome New Brooklyn Basin Affordable Housing Units Residents