The latest news in the seemingly never-ending story of the Oakland Raiders Lease Extension process and negotiations is that the draft of the lease agreement is being re-written as of this writing, and with the potential for a lawsuit in mind (in part).
“We are exchanging red-line versions of the draft language,” said Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Joint Powers Authority Executive Director Scott McKibben, “but, ultimately, it will come down to the lawsuit issue.”
“The lawsuit issue” refers to the much talked about and anticipated lawsuit that the City of Oakland is planning with the work of sports lawyer James Quinn and a team of attorneys based in New York City. I called Jim Quinn directly, today, and he said “We’re making progress, that’s all I can tell ya.”
However, what is known (and I have been told) is that in July, in closed session, the Oakland City Council gave Oakland City Attorney Barbara Parker the right to file the lawsuit. In other words, the Oakland City Council approved the process of starting the lawsuit, already. That’s news which should not come as music to the Raiders.
Oakland Raiders Owner Mark Davis and Oakland Raiders President Marc Badain have been of the collective mind that they want a clause in the proposed lease extension such that the Raiders can bow out of the deal if the City files a lawsuit. What the Raiders don’t seem to realize is the City of Oakland has already started that process.
The Raiders keep saber-rattling about leaving Oakland, but what I’m discovering is they’ve pissed off so many people, what they say doesn’t matter. Rather than the Oakland Raiders waiting to be fawned on, the organization might take a try at a more humble approach.
In Las Vegas, No Super Bowl And No Bank of America Financing?
On an aside, one matter of concern to this YouTube vlogger (Zennie62 on YouTube for my shameless plug) is that the Raiders have not officially announced they received that $850 million line of credit from Bank of America, that a major part of the Las Vegas Stadium finacing. There was no press release, no announcement, nothing – vastly different from the whole bond issue situation. That money was to “replace” the $650 million that Las Vegas Sands Founder Sheldon Adelson was going to put in but backed out of doing in 2017. That BofA money is something the Raiders would have to pay back, and with interest, if they got it.
What happened to Bank of America?
LET ZENNIE62MEDIA TELL YOUR STORY
Let ZENNIE62MEDIA Tell The Story About You The Media Refuses To Produce. Visit our site and hire Zennie62Media.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Mads Mikkelsen And Anders Jensen Blockbuster Interview With Zennie62Media’s Jessica Dwyer
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Seeks To Drown A’s Fans In Water At Coliseum
- Mads Mikkelsen And Anders Jensen Interview With Jessica Dwyer
- Oakland Schools: OUSD 2021 Classified School Employees Of The Year
- Biden Press Secretary Jen Psaki Statement On Restart of Colonial Pipeline And Continued Federal Government Efforts To Mitigate Impacts
- The Oakland A’s Never “Rooted In Oakland” – Las Vegas Mayor Says Relocation Talk 2 Years Old
- Oakland Athletics In Relocation Talks for 2 Years According To LV Review Journal – by Richard Haick
- City Of Oakland Eviction Moratorium Not Impacted By Federal Ruling
- RaceTrac Fayetteville Ga Gas Pumps Out Of Gas Except Diesel Due To Cyberattack
- 2021 NFL Schedule Revealed On NFL Network’s Schedule Release 21 Show
- NFL Gives Nine Social Justice Programs $2.5 Million
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back With Bike Oakland: Bancroft And International
- Rockets Kill 2 Israelis, Airstrikes Kill 28 In Gaza | MSNBC
- Crocker Highlands Mid-Century, Oakland, CA, 94610
- Violent Israeli-Palestinian Unrest Kills At Least 33 | The 11th Hour
- MLB tells Oakland A’s to start exploring other cities
- Team Coverage: Major League Baseball Greenlights Oakland A’s To Consider Relocating
- Talk’s Las Vegas Athletics For Oakland A’s Relocation But Portland Has 50K Signatures For MLB Ballpark
- Rep Liz Chaney Speech On House Floor On Eve Of Vote To Oust Her From House GOP Leadership
- Las Vegas Raiders New Number Changers For 2021 Season. By Joseph Armendariz