The latest news in the seemingly never-ending story of the Oakland Raiders Lease Extension process and negotiations is that the draft of the lease agreement is being re-written as of this writing, and with the potential for a lawsuit in mind (in part).
“We are exchanging red-line versions of the draft language,” said Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Joint Powers Authority Executive Director Scott McKibben, “but, ultimately, it will come down to the lawsuit issue.”
“The lawsuit issue” refers to the much talked about and anticipated lawsuit that the City of Oakland is planning with the work of sports lawyer James Quinn and a team of attorneys based in New York City. I called Jim Quinn directly, today, and he said “We’re making progress, that’s all I can tell ya.”
However, what is known (and I have been told) is that in July, in closed session, the Oakland City Council gave Oakland City Attorney Barbara Parker the right to file the lawsuit. In other words, the Oakland City Council approved the process of starting the lawsuit, already. That’s news which should not come as music to the Raiders.
Oakland Raiders Owner Mark Davis and Oakland Raiders President Marc Badain have been of the collective mind that they want a clause in the proposed lease extension such that the Raiders can bow out of the deal if the City files a lawsuit. What the Raiders don’t seem to realize is the City of Oakland has already started that process.
The Raiders keep saber-rattling about leaving Oakland, but what I’m discovering is they’ve pissed off so many people, what they say doesn’t matter. Rather than the Oakland Raiders waiting to be fawned on, the organization might take a try at a more humble approach.
In Las Vegas, No Super Bowl And No Bank of America Financing?
On an aside, one matter of concern to this YouTube vlogger (Zennie62 on YouTube for my shameless plug) is that the Raiders have not officially announced they received that $850 million line of credit from Bank of America, that a major part of the Las Vegas Stadium finacing. There was no press release, no announcement, nothing – vastly different from the whole bond issue situation. That money was to “replace” the $650 million that Las Vegas Sands Founder Sheldon Adelson was going to put in but backed out of doing in 2017. That BofA money is something the Raiders would have to pay back, and with interest, if they got it.
What happened to Bank of America?
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- NFL Notable Stats And Milestones For Week 3, 2021 Season September 27, 2021
- SF 49ers Leave 37 Secs For Green Bay Packers To Drive To Kick 53 Yd Field Goal, Win 30 To 28 September 26, 2021
- INSANE Ending! Miami Dolphins vs Las Vegas Raiders September 26, 2021
- Sarah Everard death received more attention than Sabina Nessa’s, but WHY? September 26, 2021
- Sabina Nessa – The Teacher Murdered In South London | Investigation So Far September 26, 2021
- Gruden, Carr, Renfrow, Hayward Jr., Ruggs III and Barber Postgame Pressers | Week 3 vs. Dolphins September 26, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders First Time The AFC West Is Wide Open Since 2011 By Eric Pangilinan September 26, 2021
- Ravens Locker Room Reaction After Detroit Win September 26, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Thoughts On 3-0 Raiders And L.A Booster Club Celebration By Joseph Armendariz September 26, 2021
- 2 men fatally shot near Oakland’s Laurel District September 26, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Make NFL History By Eric Pangilinan September 26, 2021
- Rob Gronkowski Injured: 2021 Bucs Vs Rams. September 26, 2021
- Marshon Lattimore on Win in Return | Saints-Patriots Postgame September 26, 2021
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Los Angeles Rams Highlights 3rd – Qtr | NFL Week 3 | September 26, 2021 September 26, 2021
- Sean Payton on Week 3 Win | Saints-Patriots Postgame September 26, 2021
- Jameis Winston on Week 3 Win at New England | Saints-Patriots Postgame September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Men’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.1] September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Women’s QF Roundup September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Men’s QF Roundup September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Men’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.2] September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Women’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.2] September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Women’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.1] September 26, 2021
- Michael Irvin SHOCKED Kansas City Chiefs loss to Los Angeles Chargers 30-24 in Week 3 September 26, 2021
- 1991 Oakland Hills Fire Focus Of Disaster Movie Starring LeVar Burton September 26, 2021
- Guns N’ Roses Sweet Child O Mine Live At Allegiant Stadium Las Vegas 2021 September 26, 2021