Imagine driving along Oakland’s Broadway Avenue, headed toward Jack London Square and in the objective of having great Everett & Jones Barbeque. As you stop at the traffic light at 14th and Broadway, some dude runs out in front of your car, points a gun at you, and yells “GET OUT OF THE CAR!” That’s the kind of action that’s called a carjacking, and what the Oakland Police Department is warning you about. Here’s what the OPD sent out:
Community: The Oakland Police Department has seen an increase in carjacking’s citywide.
The Oakland Police Department has seen an increase in carjacking’s citywide. Many of these incidents appear to be crimes of opportunity.
Sometimes the stolen vehicles are used in other crimes like residential robberies and theft of personal belongings. Often, multiple suspects are involved in committing these crimes.
In some cases, victims have reported that while in their vehicle at stoplights or stop signs, individuals have tried to take their property. There are also reports of individuals intentionally crashing their vehicles into a victim’s vehicle. When the victim attempts to exchange information, the suspects steal their vehicle.
Reduce Your Risk:
• If you’re involved in a vehicle accident, pull into a well-lit area like a gas station or a business if possible.
• Do not get out of the vehicle if you do not feel safe.
• Call 911
Additional Safety Tips:
• Park in well-lit and well-traveled areas.
• Have your keys accessible before going to your car.
• When approaching or leaving your vehicle, be aware of your surroundings.
• When in your vehicle keep doors locked and windows closed.
• Park as close to your destination as possible.
• Never leave your car unoccupied with the motor running.
#OPDCARES initiative is about working together as a community to help stop the tragic loss of life and reduce the level of violence in our city. Collectively, we want to ensure Oaklanders and our visitors are safe in our community.
You Have A Car, It’s A Weapon, Use It
I am solidly behind Oakland Police Chief LaRonne Armstrong; we need to help him by getting tough. If stupid dude is going to run in front of your car, pointing a gun at you, run him or her over. I do not like writing this, but absent a bulletproof windshield, or the inconvenience of losing your car, what are you going to do? Just turn your head to the side to make sure your out out direct fire. And do not think about the action – do it. Look, I didn’t expect to write this, but this crime crap has gone too far. The real problem is lack of money, but the government will not do anything about it – and they have the bucks.
Carry A Gun With You – Protect Yourself
You know, I don’t like writing that, but enough is enough. Oakland’s becoming a whuss town, where each moment someone is getting mugged or robbed, and yet someone else is telling us to defund the police, when we should be just getting rid of bad cops. This whole deal is out of whack.
Look, if someone is going to try and ruin your day, they should have their day ruined to. What a loser is the person who would pull a gun on you. OPD should be in the process of giving you weapon ideas to defend yourself, not scaring you. We can’t let Oakland be any more overrun with crime. The police don’t show unless you’re hurt – that’s nuts. They should show to make sure you’re not hurt. You know I’m damn right.
You Can Have A Gun In Your Car In Oakland
You can have a gun in your car in Oakland, you just need to register it with the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office. It costs $115 and then an additional $80 issuance fee. You can find out more here: https://alamedaca.permitium.com/ccw/start
The Current Gun / Crime Politic Is Nuts
The murder of George Floyd should have caused a giant rise in the outing and jettisoning of bad cops, but it has not. While Congress finally passed a law that is supposed to keep the public on notice, the cities have done nothing to get rid of bad, racist, sexist, cops. Defunding the police is not the right way: getting rid of bad cops is. (And yes we do need increased mental health services.)
The results are already before us. The Pandemic is causing an giant uptick in crime because people don’t have money. You would think the Government would rushing to put as much coin in the pockets of people as possible, but we have elected officials on both sides who are allergic to the idea of increasing wealth in America, if they have anything to do with it. Look at the PPP program, round two: they make up reasons to reject people and at a time when folks are stressed out. Does that make any sense at all? No. It’s like they want folks to riot. Something clearly is out of sorts with how we’re running America.
We’re in nutso land, folks. Don’t get carjacked – get a gun, carry a baseball bat, get a bulletproof shield for your car to have in the front seat.
I am serious. Enough of this. We need to fight back.
Want to say your words? Email me [email protected]. A good one just might wind up posted here at Oakland News Now, and read out-loud on Zennie62 YouTube. Heck, I might even invite you to vlog it.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Thursday in Las Vegas Livestream Weekly Strip Update By Steven Campbell
- Crazy car ran over random people during car show in San Francisco, Mission street (March 27, 2021)
- Oakland Celebrates The Wonderful Life of Dorothy King At Everett & Jones BBQ Funeral
- Bike Transportation And The Oakland A’s Ballpark, A Video Discussion
- 708 32nd St Oakland, CA Home For Sale | ColdwellBankerHomes.com
- President Biden Background Press Call By Senior Administration Officials On Russia
- Coinbase Airs Commercial One Day After Going Public On Wednesday April 14th 2021
- Conservative Pat Robertson Says Derek Chauvin Should Be Put Under Jail For Killing George Floyd
- Oakland City Auditor Homelessness Report Blasts Encampments Without Solution To Problem
- Zennie Abraham Zennie62Media Presentation On Social Media For Your International Trade Business
- City Auditor, Courtney Ruby: Oakland Homeless Encampments Cost City Of Oakland $12.6 Million
- YouTube’s Creator Responsibility Initiative
- Jonathan Pentland Soldier In Jail After Assault On Black Young Man In South Carolina Is Lesson
- Jessica Dwyer Talks With Zennie Abraham About Her Tony Todd Candyman Interview
- Rotary Club of Oakland Civic Wednesday Meeting April 14, 2021
- Jadeveon Clowney Signs One Year Deal with Browns | CBS Sports HQ
- Brandon Dawkins Thanks Oakland Police Officer Mike For Service At Oakland Coliseum During Raiders Games
- AmeriCorps NCCC Team Blue 5 Oakland Mobile Vaccine Pop-Up
- Getting Vaccinated At The Oakland Coliseum Site
- Prosecuting Attorney In Chauvin Trial Reduces Chauvin Defense Pathology Expert Claims To Nothing