The Oakland Panthers sent the following email yesterday. Given that the Indoor Football League seemed to be the heroic lone hold-out, it was disappointing, but the old saying applies here: “Better safe than sorry”:
Dear Oakland Panthers Fans,
As we have stated since the beginning of the COVID-19 global crisis, the safety of our fans, players, and staff remains our top priority. After continually monitoring the situation nationally, we have decided to cancel our Opening Game March 14, against the Iowa Barnstormers.
Though we enter an almost unprecedented period of uncertainty in sports history, our team, our community and our fans will come out of it stronger than ever. Oakland is still Oakland. The Bay is still the Bay. The world is dealing with a crisis, and we owe it to our community to take responsible actions. We, as an organization, must take the necessary steps to contribute to the global fight against COVID-19. We know that this postponement is disappointing to many fans, players, coaches, but we will be back as soon as it is responsible. We have been deeply touched by all the positive support the Panthers have received from the Oakland community, and we are unwavering in our mission to keep professional football in Oakland.
Thank you for your understanding, patience, and support during this time.
The Oakland Panthers We. Hit. Different.
And that’s one more sports team and organization hit by the COVID-19 pandemic. It is racking up a tally of lost engagements, jobs, and ways for the American and worldwide population to be entertained.
The Only Pro Football In Oakland After The Oakland Raiders
The Oakland Panthers also represent the only pro football team left in Oakland since the departure of the Oakland Raidwrs for Las Vegas this year. For that reason, alone, many were excited for the game today – it represented a kind of civic rising from the aches.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Carroll Fife, District 3 Oakland Councilmember, Talks Housing And Homeless Problems With Experts
- Mandela Station At West Oakland BART Shows New City In City
- Self-Service Buffets Return To Las Vegas Strip
- Dogecoin Cools After Week Of Dramatic Growth Ahead Of Elon Musk On SNL
- Oakland Police Department On Unsolved Homicide Of Henry Texada
- Oakland Police Captain Jones With Ceasefire, Captain Holmgren Talk Violent Crime
- Mass Vaccination Site at Oakland Coliseum Closing
- Leigh Steinberg Talks NFL Post 2021 Draft – Will COVID-19 Be The Same Problem As 2020?
- Carroll Fife Oakland District 3 Councilmember On Housing, Homelessness, and Reform
- This Bullying Oakland Mayor Schaaf Has Gone Too Far – Terrorizing Libby As Evil As Police Brutality
- SpaceX’s Starship SN15 Makes First Landing Without Exploding
- John Jones Has A Major Surprise For Oakland California Friends, Politicians
- Oakland Planning Commission Approved Giant 415 20th Skyscraper Ignores Homeless – Thomas Berkeley?
- Oakland Planning Commission Meets Livestream On 415 20th, The Tallest Building In Oakland, If Built
- Oakland And San Francisco Hire California Movers USA For Your Next Relocation
- 415 20th Street Will Be Oakland’s Tallest Building, Draw 3,800 Employees – Planning Commission Says It Has No Impact
- Oakland Lacrosse Club, Oakland Athletic League, OUSD Partner For Girls Lacrosse League
- Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow: The Futurism Of Walt Disney
- Weather Forecast Oakland, California 05/05/2021
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back With: Bike Oakland Ride To The New Ghost Town