Well, 2018 New Year’s Eve in Oakland is upon us! Happy New Year’s Eve! 2019 is just hours away. If you’re looking for a place that has a list of things to do, welcome to Oakland News Now and Oakland Grown.
Oakland Grown has a great list of Oakland New Year’s Eve 2018 that we are broadcasting and adding to. Here goes; we’re listing some of them plus some favorites not listed at Oakland Grown – all of the rest are at Oakland Grown.
The Alley Cat Bar Oakland For NYE
In the recent past, Rod Dibble tickled the ivories at The Alley Cat Bar at 3325 Grand Avenue. Now, the popular piano bar and restaurant’s still going strong, and will have the piano open for singers and a special champagne pour just after midnight. The Alley’s a long time Oakland institution. If you’re at a loss for where to go in Oakland, you can’t go wrong at The Alley!
Jackie Simpkins, my long-time friend and owner of The Alley Cat Bar, texted in this update:
Opening at 6. Bryan Seet playing piano. Free Champagne and Balloon drop at midnight. Happy New Year Zennie to you and your Mom!!
That’s a friend! So, go to the Alley and order The Alley Steak! Tell em Zennie Abraham sent ya!
The Comedy Show At The Grand Lake Theater For NYE
Allen Michaan’s Grand Lake Theater at the corner of Grand Avenue and Lake Park Avenue in Oakland, near Lake Merritt, has it’s annual Comedy Show. But, as Allen just told me, it’s already sold out!
Still, cruise by there and see if someone wants to part with their ticket! It’s a great show to see – if you can get in to see it!
Chabot Space & Science Center New Year’s Eve Balloon Drop
From Oakland Grown: Ring in the new year with Chabot Space & Science Center! Families can ring in the New Year without staying up all night at one of Chabot’s most popular annual events at 11am, 1pm, and 4pm.
Celebrate strokes of midnight around the world at 11am, 1pm, and 4pm. Kids will count down and celebrate with hundreds of colorful balloons dropping from above and stay for the day to participate in fun activities throughout the center.
Chabot says: “Please note: drops will happen PROMPTLY at the times listed above. Make sure to arrive with enough time to park and get your spot in the drop zone!”
Chabot Space & Science Center 10000 Skyline Blvd, Oakland, California 94619
Ms. Lauryn Hill Meet And Greet at SoulSpace at 1714 Telegraph
The Ms. Lauryn Hill Meet will be New Year’s Eve at 12 Noon at 1714 Telegraph.
The Fox Theater’s hosting a special chance to meet Ms. Hill before her performance at the historic Oakland venue: “Come by for an intimate hello, and grab tickets at the Fox Theater box office service charge free if you still need them. We can’t wait to send off 2018 right!”
Geoffrey’s Inner Circle “Wine And Bow Ties” NYE Party
9PM to 2 AM at 410 14th St, Oakland, CA, Geoffrey’s Inner Circle has the “Wine And Bow Ties” NYE Party.
Now, in case you’re wondering what “Wine And Bow Ties” is an arts and culture publication in Oakland. The organization also collaborates with brands and agencies to produce campaigns and creative projects. Visit their website here: https://wineandbowties.com/
Oakland Era Art Bar and Lounge NYE Party
Era Art Bar and Lounge at 19 Grand Avenue (next to Farley’s East Cafe at 33 Grand Avenue) is holding its annual New Year’s Eve Party, and has announced that tickets are 50 percent off. Here’s the rest of the info:
Out with the old, in with the new! You know what time it is. Your time to throw on that piece you’ve been saving all year. Yeah you know the one I’m talking about.
New Years Eve 2019 at Era Art Bar & Lounge is the perfect chance to flex in your finest fabrics. KMEL’s own DCisCHILLIN will be curating the vibes for the evening, while MOET, Hennesey and Ciroc provide us with tastings and discounted cocktails. Bottles are available on OAKLANDERA.COM.
The Night Will Feature:
Complimentary Champagne Toast
Swag Bags for Bottle Service Guests
Interactive Live Art and Entertainment
Exclusive NYE Cocktail Menu and more!
So dont make it difficult on yourself or anyone else and just by your tickets to NYE 2019 at Era Art Bar & Lounge. Get your tickets early for discounted rates!
To get them visit here.
Scott’s Seafood Jack London Square, Oakland
Scott’s Seafood at Jack London Square, at the end of Broadway, and where Broadway and Embarcadero meet posted this video at its Facebook Page:
What Ever You Do, Don’t Drink and Drive in Oakland and The SF Bay Area For NYE
Whatever you do, please be careful and don’t at all drink and drive. Take BART. And when you do use BART, take time to remember Oscar Grant and how his life was senselessly taken by BART Police Officer Johannes Mehserle. Fruitvale BART Station should be renamed “Oscar Grant BART Station” in his memory.
Stay tuned and Happy New Year!
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- FLOYD MAYWEATHER BRAWL ERUPTS WITH JAKE PAUL; ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE AS TEAMS COME TO BLOWS
- Adam Schefter Told Dan Patrick His Aaron Rogers Story Draft Day Story Was Made Up, Not From The QB
- 415 20th Street Thomas Berkeley Building Should Be Live / Work To Add Housing In Oakland
- Carroll Fife, District 3 Oakland Councilmember, Talks Housing And Homeless Problems With Experts
- Mandela Station At West Oakland BART Shows New City In City
- Self-Service Buffets Return To Las Vegas Strip
- Dogecoin Cools After Week Of Dramatic Growth Ahead Of Elon Musk On SNL
- Oakland Police Department On Unsolved Homicide Of Henry Texada
- Oakland Police Captain Jones With Ceasefire, Captain Holmgren Talk Violent Crime
- Mass Vaccination Site at Oakland Coliseum Closing
- Leigh Steinberg Talks NFL Post 2021 Draft – Will COVID-19 Be The Same Problem As 2020?
- Carroll Fife Oakland District 3 Councilmember On Housing, Homelessness, and Reform
- This Bullying Oakland Mayor Schaaf Has Gone Too Far – Terrorizing Libby As Evil As Police Brutality
- SpaceX’s Starship SN15 Makes First Landing Without Exploding
- John Jones Has A Major Surprise For Oakland California Friends, Politicians
- Oakland Planning Commission Approved Giant 415 20th Skyscraper Ignores Homeless – Thomas Berkeley?
- Oakland Planning Commission Meets Livestream On 415 20th, The Tallest Building In Oakland, If Built
- Oakland And San Francisco Hire California Movers USA For Your Next Relocation
- 415 20th Street Will Be Oakland’s Tallest Building, Draw 3,800 Employees – Planning Commission Says It Has No Impact
- Oakland Lacrosse Club, Oakland Athletic League, OUSD Partner For Girls Lacrosse League