Well, 2018 New Year’s Eve in Oakland is upon us! Happy New Year’s Eve! 2019 is just hours away. If you’re looking for a place that has a list of things to do, welcome to Oakland News Now and Oakland Grown.
Oakland Grown has a great list of Oakland New Year’s Eve 2018 that we are broadcasting and adding to. Here goes; we’re listing some of them plus some favorites not listed at Oakland Grown – all of the rest are at Oakland Grown.
The Alley Cat Bar Oakland For NYE
In the recent past, Rod Dibble tickled the ivories at The Alley Cat Bar at 3325 Grand Avenue. Now, the popular piano bar and restaurant’s still going strong, and will have the piano open for singers and a special champagne pour just after midnight. The Alley’s a long time Oakland institution. If you’re at a loss for where to go in Oakland, you can’t go wrong at The Alley!
Jackie Simpkins, my long-time friend and owner of The Alley Cat Bar, texted in this update:
Opening at 6. Bryan Seet playing piano. Free Champagne and Balloon drop at midnight. Happy New Year Zennie to you and your Mom!!
That’s a friend! So, go to the Alley and order The Alley Steak! Tell em Zennie Abraham sent ya!
The Comedy Show At The Grand Lake Theater For NYE
Allen Michaan’s Grand Lake Theater at the corner of Grand Avenue and Lake Park Avenue in Oakland, near Lake Merritt, has it’s annual Comedy Show. But, as Allen just told me, it’s already sold out!
Still, cruise by there and see if someone wants to part with their ticket! It’s a great show to see – if you can get in to see it!
Chabot Space & Science Center New Year’s Eve Balloon Drop
From Oakland Grown: Ring in the new year with Chabot Space & Science Center! Families can ring in the New Year without staying up all night at one of Chabot’s most popular annual events at 11am, 1pm, and 4pm.
Celebrate strokes of midnight around the world at 11am, 1pm, and 4pm. Kids will count down and celebrate with hundreds of colorful balloons dropping from above and stay for the day to participate in fun activities throughout the center.
Chabot says: “Please note: drops will happen PROMPTLY at the times listed above. Make sure to arrive with enough time to park and get your spot in the drop zone!”
Chabot Space & Science Center 10000 Skyline Blvd, Oakland, California 94619
Ms. Lauryn Hill Meet And Greet at SoulSpace at 1714 Telegraph
The Ms. Lauryn Hill Meet will be New Year’s Eve at 12 Noon at 1714 Telegraph.
The Fox Theater’s hosting a special chance to meet Ms. Hill before her performance at the historic Oakland venue: “Come by for an intimate hello, and grab tickets at the Fox Theater box office service charge free if you still need them. We can’t wait to send off 2018 right!”
Geoffrey’s Inner Circle “Wine And Bow Ties” NYE Party
9PM to 2 AM at 410 14th St, Oakland, CA, Geoffrey’s Inner Circle has the “Wine And Bow Ties” NYE Party.
Now, in case you’re wondering what “Wine And Bow Ties” is an arts and culture publication in Oakland. The organization also collaborates with brands and agencies to produce campaigns and creative projects. Visit their website here: https://wineandbowties.com/
Oakland Era Art Bar and Lounge NYE Party
Era Art Bar and Lounge at 19 Grand Avenue (next to Farley’s East Cafe at 33 Grand Avenue) is holding its annual New Year’s Eve Party, and has announced that tickets are 50 percent off. Here’s the rest of the info:
Out with the old, in with the new! You know what time it is. Your time to throw on that piece you’ve been saving all year. Yeah you know the one I’m talking about.
New Years Eve 2019 at Era Art Bar & Lounge is the perfect chance to flex in your finest fabrics. KMEL’s own DCisCHILLIN will be curating the vibes for the evening, while MOET, Hennesey and Ciroc provide us with tastings and discounted cocktails. Bottles are available on OAKLANDERA.COM.
The Night Will Feature:
Complimentary Champagne Toast
Swag Bags for Bottle Service Guests
Interactive Live Art and Entertainment
Exclusive NYE Cocktail Menu and more!
So dont make it difficult on yourself or anyone else and just by your tickets to NYE 2019 at Era Art Bar & Lounge. Get your tickets early for discounted rates!
To get them visit here.
Scott’s Seafood Jack London Square, Oakland
Scott’s Seafood at Jack London Square, at the end of Broadway, and where Broadway and Embarcadero meet posted this video at its Facebook Page:
What Ever You Do, Don’t Drink and Drive in Oakland and The SF Bay Area For NYE
Whatever you do, please be careful and don’t at all drink and drive. Take BART. And when you do use BART, take time to remember Oscar Grant and how his life was senselessly taken by BART Police Officer Johannes Mehserle. Fruitvale BART Station should be renamed “Oscar Grant BART Station” in his memory.
Stay tuned and Happy New Year!
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Las Vegas Raiders Defense Is The Key To Victory In Week By Eric Pangilinan September 23, 2021
- RecallOakland.com Website For Stupid Idea Of Recalling Mayor Schaaf Months Before She’s Termed Out September 23, 2021
- Nintendo Reveals Cast For The Mario Movie in 2022. Yes This Is Real, By: Vinny Lospinuso September 23, 2021
- BREAKING: Arrest Warrant Issued for Brian Laundrie in Gabby Petito’s Death September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Tom Flores To Receive Hall Of Fame Ring At Allegiant Stadium By Eric Pangilinan September 23, 2021
- Justin Fields First NFL Start Will Come Against The Browns | Pat McAfee Reacts September 23, 2021
- Coach Bradley, Coach Olson, Denzel Perryman and Kenyan Drake Presser – 9.23.21 | Las Vegas Raiders September 23, 2021
- Supermodel Linda Evangelista Has Been “Brutally Disfigured” by Procedure Done 5 Years Ago | PEOPLE September 23, 2021
- Author Jameis1of1 Talks About Jameis Winston And Gives Thoughts On Pats vs Saints Game September 23, 2021
- Kate Scott Is Philadelphia’s First Female Sports Broadcaster – That’s No Accident – Here’s Why September 23, 2021
- Mom Gets Surprise Giant Gift Box From Rocket Mortgage Sent Via UPS September 23, 2021
- How U.C. Berkeley Beat Harvard And Yale To Become The Best College In America | Forbes September 23, 2021
- Judge Orders UC Berkeley To Freeze Enrollment After Neighborhood Group Sues September 23, 2021
- Save 1921 Walnut St. Berkeley – Tenants Protest Demolition, UC Berkeley, Mayor Jesse Arreguin Actions September 23, 2021
- 30 Weirdest Things Ever Caught On Security Cameras & CCTV ! September 23, 2021
- The Raiders Are LETHAL With Derek Carr and Jon Gruden in Sync | Tiki and Tierney September 23, 2021
- Melvin Van Peebles on Bill Cosby Allegations; Being a Pioneer September 23, 2021
- Unstoppable: Melvin Van Peebles, Gordon Parks, and Ossie Davis in Conversation (2005) September 23, 2021
- Groundbreaking Filmmaker Melvin Van Peebles Has Died September 23, 2021
- R.I.P Mario Van Peebles Dad, Speaks On How His Father Melvin Van Peebles Died September 23, 2021
- 2021 09 21 Meeting with DSP UC Berkeley Students with Disabilities Coalition PART 2 September 23, 2021
- Nobel Prize Medal Presented to UC Berkeley Chemistry Professor Jennifer Doudna at her Berkeley Home September 23, 2021
- Oakland school district votes on vaccine mandate September 23, 2021
- Lakefront Home For Sale – 195 Honey Ln Fayetteville GA 30214 September 23, 2021
- Home For Sale – Introducing, 260 Camelot Fayetteville, Georgia September 23, 2021
- Home For Sale 3800 California Street Oakland, CA | ColdwellBankerHomes.com September 23, 2021
- Oakland Officer, Suspect Wounded In Shootout; Suspect Surrenders After Tense Standoff September 23, 2021
- Weather Forecast Oakland, California ▶ Oakland weather Forecast 09/23/2021 September 23, 2021
- COVID Vaccinations: Oakland Unified School District Board Approves COVID Vaccination Mandate For Students September 23, 2021
- Oakland Unified School District Board Discusses Vaccine Mandate for Students, Staff September 23, 2021
- Woman Wanted For Pulling Gun On Chipotle Worker In Philadelphia September 23, 2021
- Go Fund Me For Raider Nation’s Black Hole Rob Rivera’s Funeral By Rachel Rivera September 23, 2021
- Gabby Petito case: Crews use new tools in the search for Brian Laundrie September 23, 2021
- Hey EBX & Hella Coastal – Brothers Brewing Co Was Oakland’s First Black Brewery, And Then There Was Pican Restaurant September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders NFL Pro football Focus Ranked Maxx Crosby Number 1 Edge Rusher By Eric Pangilinan September 22, 2021
- Raiders Steve Wisniewski Nominated For 2022 Pro Football Hall of Fame Class, By: Vinny Lospinuso September 22, 2021
- Brian Laundrie search: What led police to the Carlton Reserve? September 22, 2021
- Laundrie neighbor says she saw Brian after his return September 22, 2021
- Former Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Michael Baden On Gabby Petito’s Autopsy Findings September 22, 2021
- Oakland Athletics Unveil 2022 Season Ticket Plans and Pricing by Richard Haick September 22, 2021