ONN – Oakland Measure AA Should Be Redone Not Forced On Taxpayers
The City Of Oakland, lead by the 50th Mayor of Oakland Libby Schaaf, advanced a 2018 Election ballot measure called Measure AA that, if passed, would have put a $198 tax on property owners. It needed 66.67 percent of the vote by California State Law.
It got 62 percent of the Oakland vote.
Then on December 11th 2018, the Oakland City Council that was outgoing – some were not returning either via election loss or not running again – voted to enforce the tax anyway. Well, that is wrong. It’s not what past City leaders have done in Oakland.
They would admit defeat and go back to the drawing board.
That is what this Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf should do.
If the tax were to end homelessness – as discussed in the upcoming documentary Sheltered Mercy – the tax would have gotten 80 percent of the vote.
Maybe that’s what the Mayor of Oakland should try?
Oakland News Now Note: this post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network – part of a new approach to the production of media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and social media pages. The objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. We are constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Is Kyler Murray the MVP? October 28, 2021
- Eagles Prepare for Week 8 vs. Lions | Eagles Live Practice October 28, 2021
- Winners & Losers October 28, 2021
- Chris Tabor: Media Availability | Chicago Bears October 28, 2021
- Intel CEO on company’s transformation strategy October 28, 2021
- Thursday Free Betting Picks & TNF Predictions – 10/28/21 l Picks & Parlays October 28, 2021
- Oakland Inspector General Public Forum October 28, 2021
- Chiefs Trade Rumors On Melvin Ingram, Trey Flowers, Marvin Jones & Mike Hughes | NFL Trade Deadline October 28, 2021
- Bill Lazor: ‘We’ve got to be better in every aspect of the passing game’ | Chicago Bears October 28, 2021
- Biden Announces New Social Spending Framework As ‘Game Changer For Families’ October 28, 2021
- Benzino on His Daughter Coi Leray Being a Bigger Rapper than Him (Part 16) October 28, 2021
- Is Derrick Henry One of the BEST RBs Ever? October 28, 2021
- Fabio Silva and Ruben Neves CAN’T BELIEVE their FIFA Ratings | Uncut October 28, 2021
- Biden delivers remarks before he travels to Italy for the G20 leader summit October 28, 2021
- Biden Announces New Framework For Social Spending Plan: ‘No One Got Everything They Wanted’ October 28, 2021
- PFT Draft: Top Week 8 matchups around the NFL | Pro Football Talk | NBC Sports October 28, 2021
- CDC: Latinos Have The Highest Rate Of Depression October 28, 2021
- Sherry’s Forecast: Thursday, October 28 October 28, 2021
- COP26: Indian Teen Activist Joins Youth in Glasgow Climate Summit October 28, 2021
- Ree Drummond Makes Acting Debut In Food Network Christmas Film — Watch The Trailer! October 28, 2021
- Free Sports Picks | NFL Week 8 Picks | College Football Betting Previews | WagerTalk Today | Oct 28 October 28, 2021
- All-New 2023 Corvette Z06 Reveal | Chevrolet Canada October 28, 2021
- U.S. Rep ‘disturbed’ by Washington Football Team, NFL situation | Pro Football Talk | NBC Sports October 28, 2021
- Watch Live: Biden speaks about new $1.75 trillion social spending bill | CBSN October 28, 2021
- LIVE: Between The Horns: Rams vs. Texans Preview, Matthew Stafford & Cooper Kupp’s Dynamic + More October 28, 2021
- Charleston White on IG Model Mercedes Morr’s Death (Part 28) October 28, 2021
- Alicia Taylor is not a fan of McKenzie Mitchell’s new friend Chucky: What’s NeXT, Oct. 28, 2021 October 28, 2021
- Arlo White remembers filming ‘Ted Lasso’ with Jason Sudeikis | Premier League | NBC Sports October 28, 2021
- Six Stats to Know for Week 8 | Chiefs vs. Giants October 28, 2021
- Behind the Scenes of Will Ferrell’s Cover Shoot #SHORTS October 28, 2021
- Jonathan Allen Breaks Down Biden’s New Human Infrastructure Framework October 28, 2021
- Morning News NOW Full Broadcast – October 28 October 28, 2021
- ‘GMA’ visits Bran Castle in Romania, the home of Dracula October 28, 2021
- Día de los Muertos event in Sacramento to feature recreated Mexican cemetery October 28, 2021
- ‘Stock price speaks for itself’: Ginkgo CEO says after short-seller report October 28, 2021
- NBA 28/10/2021 FREE NBA BETS , PICKS AND PREDICTIONS October 28, 2021
- San Francisco’s MOST DANGEROUS HOOD, Hunters Point October 28, 2021
- Truth About the Dodgers 2020 World Series Title & Why It’s as Legitimate as any World Series Title October 28, 2021
- Rams owner Stan Kroenke backing away from financial obligations | Pro Football Talk | NBC Sports October 28, 2021
- ‘Leaving this pandemic stronger than going into it’: Ebay CEO October 28, 2021