Oakland Measure AA and the Oakland Police Commission are the primary focus of Council President Kaplan’s actions this week.
OAKLAND, CA – Tomorrow, Tuesday April 30th the Special Council Meeting will begin at 4:00PM to accommodate the Special Concurrent Meeting with the Community Policing Advisory Board (CPAB), Public Safety Services Oversight Commission, and the Oakland Police Commission beginning at 6:00PM.
On the agenda for the 4:00PM Special Council Meeting President Kaplan is authoring and supporting the tolling of the Oakland Measure AA lawsuit so Oakland can find a better way forward – restoring the trust of the voters, reducing strife and litigation costs and helping programs for our youth.
President Kaplan has also introduced a Resolution directing the City Administrator to proceed with the job description for the position of Inspector General as approved by the Police Commission and voted on by Council once before in July of 2018.
President Kaplan wants to thank Commissioner Edwin Prather for his comments at the Public Safety meeting on April 9th, and wants to assure the Commission has the support of the Council and keeps the trust of the voters who overwhelmingly passed Measure LL.
The City Council voted nearly a year ago to allow for an independent Inspector General that is hired by and reports to the Police Commission. The Commission needs its own dedicated staff to be able to conduct their voter mandated duties, and it is my intention with this Resolution to assure they are able to hire for this position immediately.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Schools News: OUSD To Honor Pacific Islander Students On Wednesday, May 19th
- Bobby Clark Interview “The Gorn” From Star Trek TOS Episode “Arena” At WonderCon San Francisco 2011
- Why Does SF Chronicle Oppose Oakland Sports Public Money, But Not For San Francisco?
- Grand Lake Theater Marquee Says Theater Reopens May 27th With Quiet Place 2 & Cruella 3200 Grand Av
- Zennie Abraham Live On KDEEFM.ORG Talking Oakland A’s Howard Terminal Ballpark Issue
- Inside Fairyland Park, Lake Merritt Oakland.
- Letter From Oakland City Council Leaders To MLB Commissioner On A’s Howard Terminal Project
- Oakland City Council Leadership Sends Nasty Letter To MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Ballpark
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back: Bike Oakland: Redwood Rd & Park, Skyline, Leona Canyon
- Elizabeth Olsen Reunited With Anthony Mackie At MTV Awards 2021
- Kathryn Hahn Wins Best Villain For WandaVision At MTV Awards 2021
- Conservative Commentator Candace Owens May Run For President
- Howard Terminal Or Bust Dave Kaval Is Right Because Oakland A’s Have No Place To Go
- Vanessa Bryant Hall of Fame Speech | Kobe Bryant NBA Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- Browns owners unveil new proposal for Cleveland lakefront
- The Optimistic Oakland A’s Report By Michelle Milliken – May 16,2021
- Asian woman spit on at red light in Oakland
- Las Vegas Raiders 2021 NFL Schedule Review Livestream At Zennie62 YouTube
- Golden Gate Bridge daredevils sought
- SF Bay Area White “Journalists” Can’t Stand Black Oakland Blogger With His Own Opinion