What do siting Oakland City Councilmembers think of President Donald Trump’s Insurrection Attempt that marked only the second time in history the Capitol was under attack (the last time was the War of 1812)?
Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf tweeted:
This is terrorism. This is chaos and violence incited by Trump’s continuous assault on our democracy. Ultimately our country will withstand this moment, and then we must hold the perpetrators accountable. #capitol
Oakland District One Councilmember Dan Kalb tweeted:
Domestic terrorists trying 2 subvert our democracy—and #POTUS Trump is complicit! These R the people who many GOP electeds R afraid 2 offend
Shame on elected leaders who fail 2 loudly condemn the madness. And shame on the political party that continues 2 welcome these deplorables
New Oakland District Three Councilmember Carroll Fife did not offer a direct tweet on her thoughts, but she did retweet a number of tweets that focused on how well the DC Police and the Capitol Police treated white people in the act of committing domestic terrorism, like this one:
You will not believe your eyes.
A police officer is holding the hand of a domestic terrorist as he kindly escorts her down the steps.
I have no words.
— Dani Beck (@_DaniBeck) January 6, 2021
New Oakland District Seven Councilmember Treva Reid, posted this message on Facebook:
It is an unbelievable and sad day of defiant insurrection, rebellion, treason and clear privilege of people in the history of our nation in Washington DC. We are witnessing an active, intentional and planned threat to our democracy.
I call on the president of the United States of America and republican party leaders to put an end to this civil unrest and unacceptable war against American freedom and restore the pillar of democracy. Get up out of your office and shut these shameful acts down, now and uphold the laws, order and democracy of our nation. They are anarchists. They are domestic terrorists.
I pray for our congressional leaders, staff and their loved ones watching with fear and anxiety and pray for the peace of our nation and uniting of our hearts, standing indivisible for freedom, justice and liberty for all of us as the new administration takes office. #capitol
As more entries are posted, this blog post will be updated to include them. Stay tuned.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Cincinnati Reds vs Pittsburgh Pirates Highlights September 27, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB 2021 September 28, 2021
- Chevron Ecuador’s Steven Donziger And Theranos Elizabeth Holmes Have Fraud In Common September 28, 2021
- Rebecca Kaplan and Noel Gallo Oakland CMs Call For Approval Of AASEG Oakland Coliseum Term Sheet September 28, 2021
- City of Oakland Missing Out On TENS OF MILLIONS Of Cannabis Taxes by Derrick Soo September 28, 2021
- Squash: Coll v Farag – Men’s Final Roundup – Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 September 28, 2021
- Loop Capital CEO Jim Reynolds Tells CNBC How He’s Diversifying His Firm In 2020 Interview September 28, 2021
- Frank Somerville Suspended By KTVU Update – Oakland’s Dr. Elnora T. Webb, PhD Op Ed September 28, 2021
- Zion Williamson injured and will miss preseason September 28, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Move Up In The Top 5 In The NFL Power Rankings September 28, 2021
- Gabby Petito Family Press Conference On Today September 28 2021 1:05 PM EST via CNN September 28, 2021
- How We Can Win Texas and Florida in 2022 with Shaniqua McClendon September 28, 2021
- Frank Somerville Suspended Update: KTVU’s Amber Eikel Avoids Social Media Blasts After Action September 28, 2021
- Davey D Rants on Mayor Ron Dellums After Oakland Oscar Grant Murder, Riots For Not Talking To Media September 28, 2021
- TikTok Video: Brian Laundrie Hitchhiking on August 29th, But Where Was Gabby Petito? September 28, 2021
- Reagan Shooter John Hinckley Granted Release From Court Supervision September 28, 2021
- Squash: Hany v Sobhy – Women’s Finals Roundup – Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 September 28, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders – Is Everyone Being Vetted Before Entering Allegiant Stadium? By Joseph Armendariz September 28, 2021
- National Voter Registration Day is today September 28, 2021
- National Voter Registration day is today! September 28, 2021
- Tuesday is National Voter Registration Day: Where can you register to vote? September 28, 2021
- National Voter Registration Day! September 28, 2021
- News to Go – Events Today for National Voter Registration Day September 28, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Is RB Peyton Barber The Reason For Trey Ragas Release? By Joseph Armendariz September 28, 2021
- Oakland Athletics vs Seattle Mariners Highlights September 27, 2021 September 28, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Running BackTrey Ragas Waived By The Raiders But Why? By Joseph Armendariz September 28, 2021