Oakland International Responds to New Face Covering Requirement for Public Spaces
Port employs enhanced health and safety measures to protect workers and travelers
Oakland – The Alameda County Health Officer has issued Public Health Emergency Order No. 20-08, generally requiring the use of face coverings when engaged in essential business and services in public settings. The order is now enforceable in Alameda County and applies to everyone over 12 years of age.
As an essential business, all airport employees, travelers, and visitors entering the terminal building are now required to wear a face covering. In support of the new Order, Oakland International Airport (OAK) is incorporating visual signage and audio messaging throughout its Terminals and the exterior of all public entry points, with guidance and reminders for compliance.
OAK continues its ongoing response by undertaking numerous efforts to mitigate the spread of coronavirus and COVID-19, including increased disinfecting of common spaces and high-touch point areas as well as the installation of social distance markers in terminal ticketing, baggage claim, and boarding areas. As added safety measures, travelers are strongly encouraged to continue adhering to other CDC health recommendations, including frequent hand-washing, not touching your face, and sneezing and coughing into a tissue and discarding immediately. These asks are reinforced via audio and visual messaging throughout the Terminals.
Airport employees and travelers are reminded that face coverings must fully cover the nose and mouth and fit securely. Coverings can be a manufactured or homemade mask such as a bandana, scarf, towel, or other piece of cloth or fabric, which covers the nose and mouth.
OAK remains open for essential travel, and is working together with local, state, and federal health officials in an ongoing effort to protect against COVID-19. In coordination with its in-terminal customer service partners, the Airport has worked to ensure minimum levels of retail and food & beverage services remain available for our customers. Additionally, the Airport is in regular contact with its airline partners concerning flight schedule adjustments.
About Oakland International Airport
Oakland International is the most centrally-located airport in the 7.7M population Bay Area region, and closest airport to the region’s wealth of business and tourism venues.
The vision of Oakland International Airport is to be the airport of choice for Bay Area residents and visitors alike. OAK is operated by the Port of Oakland, which also oversees the Oakland seaport and 20 miles of waterfront. Together with its business partners, the Port supports more than 84,000 jobs in the region with a $130 Billion Economic Impact.
For departure and arrival information, airport maps, and details on shopping, dining, transportation, and more, visit www.oaklandairport.com. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Post based on press release to Zennie62Media from Port of Oakland
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Mock Draft Live Two Weeks Away From The 2021 NFL Draft
- 1974 Oakland Raiders Season
- Oakland Athletics Post-Game From Phoenix By Richard Haick
- Oakland Public Library: Hora De Cuentos: 5 En La Cama
- Oakland Athletics at Arizona Diamondbacks at Chase Field in Phoenix by Richard Haick
- US Calls For Pause On Johnson & Johnson Vaccine | TODAY
- Paul Flores, Rubin Flores: Kristin Smart Case Suspects Arrested, Sheriffs To Announce Updates
- Bishop O’Dowd at San Leandro Football 4.1.21 | Jesse Madden vs Demetrius Freeney
- Justin Fields Is Smartest QB In 2021 NFL Draft With Insane Aptitude Test Score
- Oakland Jobs: Waste Management Hiring Oakland California Residents At WM.com
- City Of Oakland Launches New Poet Laureate Program
- Oakland Fire Department Announced Oakland City Council Approved Return Of Full Service April 13th
- Exploring The Bay Area: Lake Chabot Park, Oakland, California Vlog
- Turf Toy On YouTube Brings 3-Wheel Slingshot SL To Oakland California
- Gina Champion-Cain San Diego Businesswoman Gets 15 Years In Prison For $400 Million Ponzi Scheme
- Grand Lake Theater Oakland Staff Fundraiser Short Of $35K Goal At $30,283 As Of April 13 2021
- 2/24/21 OUSD School Board Meeting – Resolution for Reparations for Black Students
- Oakland Police Chief LeRonne L. Armstrong Press Conference On Weekend Violence 4/12/ 21
- Oakland City Council Unanimously Votes To Use $10 Million To Restore Vital Community Services
- Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce Good On Greens, Fish, Shrimp, And Pasta. Mark Zuckerberg, Thanks!