Oakland Homeless. The number of homeless people in Oakland is now so great (estimated at over 4,000 people directly in Oakland) that small towns called “encampments” have formed in places, like under this elevated BART Train track on 12th Avenue near Fruitvale BART Station.
This photo was posted on Instagram just six days ago by someone who goes by the name NorCalLawyer, and captures the fact that people have set up what amounts to shanty towns in Oakland.
Homeless encampments in Oakland are a constant reminder of the economic inequality that plagues the Bay. No one should live like this when so many are doing well. #homeless #oakland #incomeinequality #tentcity #affordablehousing #homelessactioncenter #oaklandcitycouncil #libbyschaaf #pamelaprice #whereisthemayor?
Oakland Homeless Need Money But City Of Oakland Doesn’t Want To Give It To Them
This s not a criticism of what they’re doing – they are working to just survive. The real crime is that Oakland, the City of Oakland, which does have vast comparative wealth, has done nothing to help them.
The best most simple way to help people in Oakland get off the street is to give them money. That Oakland does not do that is a reflection of selfishness and greed – there’s no other way to explain it.
Oakland’s Government would rather talk about ideas than take meaningful action. The only policy response has been the creation of “Tuff Sheds” but that does not change the financial position of the homeless person – just gives the City of Oakland a way to get that person off the street.
And it’s because at its very heart, Oakland feels that this is nothing more than an example of people who have not been able to make it. In other words, Oakland itself has become cold and darwinesque in its view of this problem. Oakland does not truly treat this as a problem of disinvestment.
So, Oakland does not invest in the people who become homeless. If Oakland did, it would take $20 million and distribute it.
A friend of mine recently posted that there were billionaires that could give more. Well, they have not. Meanwhile some of the same billionaires has no problem giving millions to others for product ideas they have not even made. And that happens every day in the same area of the United States – the San Francisco Bay Area.
The people on the street don’t need millions, just a few thousand. That can reduce the homeless population fast, but Oakland doesn’t want to do that.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Las Vegas Raiders: Running BackTrey Ragas Waived By The Raiders But Why? By Joseph Armendariz September 28, 2021
- Three earthquakes near Charleston, South Carolina September 28, 2021
- Home For Sale At 6690 Outlook Ave Oakland, CA 94605 September 28, 2021
- John Guillory Stars In What Happened to the Black People in Oakland? Part One September 28, 2021
- The Optimistic Oakland A’s Report – 09.26.21 September 28, 2021
- FISHER BLOCK PARTY – Oakland 2021 – 4K September 28, 2021
- Fisher block party (Oakland) 9/25/21 September 28, 2021
- Fisher Block Party Oakland Live Technomusic Experience September 28, 2021
- Britney Spears’ Dad Allegedly Bugged Her Phone and Home September 27, 2021
- Why Jamie Lynn Spears Isn’t As Innocent As She Claims September 27, 2021
- South Carolina Earthquakes – Dr Wendy Rocks Explains Why They Happened Today September 27, 2021
- Parents deny involvement in Brian Laundrie’s disappearance as FBI continues search September 27, 2021
- Howard Terminal Update – Oakland Doesn’t Need Alameda County For TIF, Loren Taylor Town Hall Tonight September 27, 2021
- Coach Gruden Presser | 9.27.21 | Las Vegas Raiders September 27, 2021
- Bay Area Transparency Clashes With Oakland Police At Public Works Annex, Again September 27, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Is QB Derek Carr Leading In The MVP Race Right Now? By Eric Pangilinan September 27, 2021
- Oakland Police YouTube Video – Meet Deputy Chief Drennon Lindsey September 27, 2021
- KTVU’s Dave Clark Reports Sideshow Draws 70 Spectators in Oakland September 27, 2021
- Oakland Dynamites (8U) Big Play Highlights – 09.25.21 September 27, 2021
- With Double Slaying Sunday, Oakland Marks 102 Homicides So Far in 2021 September 27, 2021
- Rapper R Kelly Guilty Of Racketeering Sex Trafficking And Assault Expected To Get Decades In Jail September 27, 2021
- South Carolina Earthquake Today | Magnitude 3.1 earthquake Near Summerville, North Charleston September 27, 2021
- Crete earthquake – Brit tourists terrified as mag-6 quake rocks Greek island September 27, 2021
- WorldView: Earthquake hits Greece; Volcano erupts in Spain’s Canary Islands September 27, 2021
- Magnitude 5.8 earthquake strikes the Greek island of Crete September 27, 2021