ONN – Oakland Guaranteed Income Program Not Blacks Only, Is For Any Low Income Family – Read Website FAQs – vlog by Zennie62 YouTube
Oakland Guaranteed Income Program Not Blacks Only, Is For Any Low Income Family – Read Website FAQs
Go to OaklandResilientFamilies.org/faqs to learn the truth or read below:
Who is this for?
Oakland Resilient Families is targeted to support families with the greatest wealth disparities per the Oakland Equity Index, with low-incomes and at least 1 child under 18, regardless of documentation status. The term “family” is defined broadly to recognize that families come in all shapes and sizes.
How can the money be used?
In any way families want. Families will receive $500 per month for 18 months, unconditionally, to use however they choose. They have the option of participating in periodic surveys and interviews but are not required to.
What about non-English speaking families or families that aren’t online?
Program information, applications, and surveys will all be multilingual. Online applications will be simple enough to be completed by cell phone using the City of Oakland’s free public wifi – OAK Wifi. There will be individuals from partner organizations available to answer questions and support people through the application.
How do I learn more?
Anyone interested in Oakland Resilient Families can stay updated on announcements and be notified when applications are available by signing up for updates.
How is “low-income” defined?
At or below 50% of Area Median Income (about $59,000 per year for a family of 3), however half of the spots are reserved for very-low-income families earning below 138% of the Federal Poverty Level (about $30,000 per year for a family of 3).
When will this start?
The goal is to begin payments to families this spring after incorporating more community feedback and to have the entire program up and running this summer.
Will this extra money impact taxes or benefits?
To minimize the likelihood that any benefits are impacted, Oakland Resilient Families plans to arrange for benefits counseling and ask the State of California for a waiver excluding the payments from benefit calculations. Because participants are not required to do anything in return for receiving the payments, the money is generally considered to be a gift from a non-profit organization and therefore is not considered to be taxable income. If individuals are concerned about the impact to their benefits, they should reach out to their benefits providers.
How is this funded and how much does it cost?
Oakland Resilient Families is 100% funded by philanthropic donations. To date we have raised $6.75 million, at least 80% of which will be distributed directly to families over the next 18 months.
How are families chosen and how will they apply?
Later this spring and summer, a multilingual online form will be released where families can answer a few questions to screen for eligibility. After that families are randomly selected to receive the cash payments.
Where will the families be located?
Any low-income family in Oakland is eligible to apply to be randomly selected to receive the money, however, half of the program is geographically targeted in deep East Oakland so many will be concentrated there. The other half of the families will be more widely dispersed throughout Oakland’s lowest-income neighborhoods and census tracts.
Is this the same thing as a Universal Basic Income (UBI)?
No. UBI is meant to go to everyone and provide enough of a payment to cover all basic needs, whereas a guaranteed income is meant to provide an income floor but not meant to be a replacement for wages and can also be targeted to those who most need it. UBI would provide everyone – regardless of income – with equal cash support (often instead of existing social benefits). Oakland Resilient Families is intended for low-income BIPOC families and therefore is by definition not “universal.” Additionally, a central research focus for this project is to determine how a guaranteed income can enhance and expand the existing social safety net rather than replace it.
Publications like the Los Angeles Times and The Daily Caller would do well to actually read the website before spouting off crap about a “blacks only” program that, in point of fact, does not exist. Right Wing Media is no excuse for putting out misinformation.
Note from Zennie62Media’s Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now Today Blog SF Bay Area: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- 2021 Juneteenth Shooting At Oakland Lake Merritt Shows Some Black Kids Don’t Value Black Life – Our Fault
- Juneteenth Lake Merritt Shooting: Oakland City Council’s Nikki Fortunado Bas, Carroll Fife Statement
- Kumasi Aaron Of ABC 7 At Juneteenth Jubilee Oakland, Produced By Oakland City Council’s Loren Taylor
- Juneteenth Walk Down Broadway In Oakland Brings Back Memories For Instagram Poster
- 1 dead, others injured after shots fired at Lake Merritt
- Brooklyn Loses NBA Playoffs Game 7 To Milwalkee 115 – 111 Kevin Durant Reverts To Warriors Time
- Nba Super Teams Dont Win Right Away By- Eric Pangilinan
- Kevin Durant Is God Reaction – Hits Tie Shot To Send Game 7 Vs Bucks To Overtime
- NBA Western Conference Finals Set Suns Vs Clippers – By Eric Pangilinan
- Juneteeth Reaction: What Is Its Meaning To America? By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Cole Beasley Reaction To Joseph Armenderiaz Vlog By- Eric Pangilinan
- Juneteeth, What Is Its Meaning To America? By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Some Filipinos Question Manny Pacquaio Ability- To lead By Eric Pangilinan
- Who Is Nate Hobbs That Raiders 5th Round Draft Pick By- Eric Pangilinan
- Tropical Storm Claudette Downgraded To Depression Moving Through Fayetteville Georgia
- Royal Exchange In San Francisco: Zennie62 Live With Zennie Abraham And Beth Schnitzer Of Sprizt Mktg
- 2021 MLB Draft News: MLB Tabs NFL Draft Architect Frank Supovitz For 2021 MLB Draft Denver
- Happy Juneteenth Says Oakland Grand Lake Theater Marquee, Thanks To Allen Michaan
- Black Business Roundtable with Doug & Everett: Attorney Robert Harris, Harlem’s Walter Edwards
- Las Vegas Raiders And NFL Announce 2021 Preseason Schedule Dates, Times – A Quick Review