Oakland, FAD – Thanks to the County of Alameda’s Registrar of Voters, Zennie62Media has a table for each rank-choice-voting election in the races for Oakland City Council.
As the Alameda Registrar of Voters sends new updates, those will be posted below the first set for each race.
Here they are, starting with the Oakland City Council At-Large Seat pitting the incumbent Rebecca Kaplan vs. Derreck Johnson and Nancy Sidebotham.
Oakland City Council At-Large Seat Results
Nancy Sidebotham’s 6,468 votes were transfered to Johnson and Kaplan, who gained 4,081 and 2,553, respectively. That closes out the vote for that category. Rebecca Kaplan is ahead in the Oakland City Council re-election race, 45,855 to 41,394, right now. If that holds Kaplan wins. Kaplan has 52.56 percent over Johnson’s 49.72 percent.
This update was just released by the Registrar of Voters:
. Rebecca Kaplan 50,995 48.66 %
Derreck B. Johnson 44,170 42.14 %
Nancy Sidebotham 7,585 7.24 %
Write-in 2,056 1.96 %
That news caused Mr. Johnson to write this to his supporters:
Right now, we are within about 6.5 points of the incumbent, Rebecca Kaplan, and tens of thousands of ballots remain to be counted. In other words, this race is still too close to call. We will wait until every vote is counted. I remain optimistic about our chances in this race, as well as for the campaign of Joe Biden and my dear friend Kamala Harris. I believe that in a matter of days, if not hours, we will be referring to them as President-Elect Joe Biden and Vice President-Elect Kamala Harris.
And in this update as of Saturday, November 7th, Councilmember Kaplan is still ahead:
Rebecca Kaplan 67,138 48.90 %
Derreck B. Johnson 57,506 41.89 %
Nancy Sidebotham 9,949 7.25 %
Write-in 2,696 1.96 %
*Total number of Votes represents Ranked Choice Voting (RCV) First Choice Column only, please contact Registrar of Voters Office for complete RCV results.
Note, the Alameda County Registrar of Voters is really not presenting the right information. More on that, soon.
Time For Rebecca and Libby to Get Along
It’s time for both Rebecca and Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf to put aside their differences and get along. As for Derreck Johnson, the business man who gained a slew of major endorsements almost won. The reason he missed is specifically tied to the fact that he was advanced by Mayor Schaaf, and he’s not the first person she’s advanced specifically to take-out Councilmember Kaplan. Moreover, as I have said, Derreck Johnson had to, and has to, get up to speed on the City of Oakland governance. But, for all of that, he came extremely close to victory.
Kaplan survived a dual attack from Mayor Schaaf and from Lyft; both lost.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Melissa Dettwiller-Rand Female Bodybuilding Legend, Is Battling Breast Cancer, Needs Our Help
- Melissa Detwiller-Rand Female Bodybuilding Legend, Is Battling Breast Cancer, Needs Our Help
- City Of Oakland Howard Terminal Presentation To Alameda County A Massive Disaster – Part 2: Racism
- President Rodrigo Duterte Of The Philippines Under Investigation By Eric Pangilinan
- President Rodrigo Duterte Of The Philippines Under Investigation By- By Eric Pangilinan
- Who Is Loki??By- Eric Pangilinan
- Atlanta Hawks Stun Philadelphia 76ers 106-106 In 2021 NBA Playoffs Game 5
- Who Is Loki ?By- Eric Pangilinan
- How Good Of A Boxer Errol Spence Jr Is
- City Of Oakland Howard Terminal Ballpark Presentation To Alameda County A Massive Disaster – Part 1
- City Of Oakland Howard Terminal Presentation To Alameda County A Massive Disaster – Part 1
- What Does John Brown Bring To The Raiders?? – By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Jon Gruden Dont Care What Critics Say- By Eric Pangilinan
- Criminals Hide in Plain Site With Oakland‘s Growing Homeless Population – By Derrick Soo
- Raiders Jon Gruden Don’t Care What Critics Say – By Eric Pangilinan
- Chris Paul Put On NBA COVID Protocol Changes Things – By Eric Pangilinan
- Diageo Official Spirits Sponsor Of The National Football League
- 2022 Honda CIVIC Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 45605
- 2022 Honda CIVIC Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 45607
- Riding The Craziest Roller Coaster In England Tom Simons – Tommyinnit Reaction Video