Oakland, FAD – Thanks to the County of Alameda’s Registrar of Voters, Zennie62Media has a table for each rank-choice-voting election in the races for Oakland City Council.
As the Alameda Registrar of Voters sends new updates, those will be posted below the first set for each race.
Here they are, starting with the Oakland City Council At-Large Seat pitting the incumbent Rebecca Kaplan vs. Derreck Johnson and Nancy Sidebotham.
Oakland City Council At-Large Seat Results
Nancy Sidebotham’s 6,468 votes were transfered to Johnson and Kaplan, who gained 4,081 and 2,553, respectively. That closes out the vote for that category. Rebecca Kaplan is ahead in the Oakland City Council re-election race, 45,855 to 41,394, right now. If that holds Kaplan wins. Kaplan has 52.56 percent over Johnson’s 49.72 percent.
This update was just released by the Registrar of Voters:
. Rebecca Kaplan 50,995 48.66 %
Derreck B. Johnson 44,170 42.14 %
Nancy Sidebotham 7,585 7.24 %
Write-in 2,056 1.96 %
That news caused Mr. Johnson to write this to his supporters:
Right now, we are within about 6.5 points of the incumbent, Rebecca Kaplan, and tens of thousands of ballots remain to be counted. In other words, this race is still too close to call. We will wait until every vote is counted. I remain optimistic about our chances in this race, as well as for the campaign of Joe Biden and my dear friend Kamala Harris. I believe that in a matter of days, if not hours, we will be referring to them as President-Elect Joe Biden and Vice President-Elect Kamala Harris.
And in this update as of Saturday, November 7th, Councilmember Kaplan is still ahead:
Rebecca Kaplan 67,138 48.90 %
Derreck B. Johnson 57,506 41.89 %
Nancy Sidebotham 9,949 7.25 %
Write-in 2,696 1.96 %
*Total number of Votes represents Ranked Choice Voting (RCV) First Choice Column only, please contact Registrar of Voters Office for complete RCV results.
Note, the Alameda County Registrar of Voters is really not presenting the right information. More on that, soon.
Time For Rebecca and Libby to Get Along
It’s time for both Rebecca and Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf to put aside their differences and get along. As for Derreck Johnson, the business man who gained a slew of major endorsements almost won. The reason he missed is specifically tied to the fact that he was advanced by Mayor Schaaf, and he’s not the first person she’s advanced specifically to take-out Councilmember Kaplan. Moreover, as I have said, Derreck Johnson had to, and has to, get up to speed on the City of Oakland governance. But, for all of that, he came extremely close to victory.
Kaplan survived a dual attack from Mayor Schaaf and from Lyft; both lost.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Skateboarders Making Pilgrimage to San Francisco’s Pier 7, Following Vandalism October 20, 2021
- NEW NBA odds released, plus MLB playoffs and NFL WEEK 6 Recap October 20, 2021
- 30 Years Later: East Bay Remembers Oakland Hills Fire October 20, 2021
- San Francisco In N Out temporarily closed over city’s proof of COVID 19 October 20, 2021
- Public Enemy – 30th Anniversary Oaktown’s On Fire! – Kaiser Conv. Center – Oakland, CA – 10/20/1991 October 20, 2021
- Anthrax – 30th Anniversary Oaktown’s On Fire! – Kaiser Convention Center – Oakland, CA – 10/20/1991 October 20, 2021
- Primus – 30th Anniversary Oaktown’s On Fire! – Kaiser Convention Center – Oakland, CA – 10/20/1991 October 20, 2021
- Lakers Postgame: Anthony Davis (10/19/21) October 20, 2021
- Mark Zuckerberg’s Post On Facebook’s Impact On America Forgets U.S. Diversity Makes It Ripe Target For Hate Content October 20, 2021
- Lakers Postgame: LeBron James (10/19/21) October 20, 2021
- Lakers Postgame: Frank Vogel (10/19/21) October 20, 2021
- Oakland PD Hates On Doja October 20, 2021
- Astros vs Red Sox Game 4 Highlights | MLB 2021 October 20, 2021
- HIGHLIGHTS | Los Angeles Lakers vs Golden State Warriors October 20, 2021
- HIGHLIGHTS | LeBron James (34 pts, 5 ast, 11 reb) vs Golden State Warriors October 20, 2021
- HIGHLIGHTS | Anthony Davis (33 pts, 11 reb) vs Golden State Warriors October 20, 2021
- Stephen Curry Tallies a Triple-Double in Season Opener! | Oct. 19, 2021 October 20, 2021
- Oakland City Council Unanimously Approves Vice Mayor Rebecca Kaplan’s Proposal To Support Litigation Against Ghost Guns October 20, 2021
- Henry Ruggs III Mic’d Up vs. Broncos: ‘All Bama on the Board!’ | Week 6 | Las Vegas Raiders | NFL October 20, 2021
- Boxing Sandor Martin Stuns Boxing World By Defeating Former Champ Mikey Garcia By Eric Pangilinan October 19, 2021
- Meet Jon Bean, Oakland Rising’s Deputy Director Taks With Liz Suk, Executive Director October 19, 2021
- Philadelphia Eagles vs Las Vegas Raiders | Week 7 NFL Game Preview October 19, 2021
- Oakland hills firestorm marks 30th anniversary October 19, 2021
- 30 years later: Remembering the Oakland Hills Fire October 19, 2021
- Los Bukis ULTIMO CONCIERTO 2021 Oakland CA I Mi Mayor Necesidad October 19, 2021
- In-N-Out Burger in Battle With San Francisco Health Officials Over COVID Rules October 19, 2021
- Braves vs Dodgers Game 3 Highlights | MLB 2021 October 19, 2021
- TITANS y BILLS se baten en un ASOMBROSO duelo de MONDAY NIGH | Semana 6 2021 NFL Game Highlights October 19, 2021
- LIVE SPORTS TALK! Monday Night Football Bills Titans Recap, MLB Playoffs, Next LSU Head Coach? October 19, 2021
- San Francisco Leaders Offer Cash Rewards in Hopes of Reducing Car Break-Ins October 19, 2021