Oakland Economic Recovery Council 1st Meeting Monday, May 18, 2020
The City of Oakland reports:
The Mayor and the Vice Mayor/Chair of the City Council Community and Economic Development Committee are inviting Oakland community and business leaders to participate in an Oakland Economic Recovery Council.
The Advisory Council is co-chaired by Mayor Schaaf and Vice Mayor Reid, in partnership with Jose Corona, Eat. Learn. Play Foundation; Michael McAfee, PolicyLink; and Barbara Leslie, Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce. James Head, East Bay Community Foundation will facilitate with Micah Weinberg, California Forward as co-facilitator. Research support will be provided by Mills College Center for Transformative Action and the Bay Area Council Economic Institute.
The Advisory Council consists of representatives from business, non-profit, and intergovernmental partners representing key sectors, along with staff from City departments and will be structured in working groups.
The purpose of the Advisory Council is to recommend specific local policy and strategies to facilitate economic recovery from the COVID-19 crisis, starting with urgent, short term business and worker needs to re-open and re-hire and then informing longer term goals for a resilient and equitable economy. The City’s economic recovery efforts will center on people first, investing in community infrastructure and rebuilding a resilient and equitable economy in accordance with its Core Mission and Economic Recovery Principles.
ReOpening Guide signs by the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce (PDF), in partnership with Oaklandish and the Economic Recovery Advisory Council, 11″ x 17″ signs for download. Pick up hard copies from any Oakland Chamber, Business Improvement District or CIty Council office. ENGLISH | CHINESE | SPANISH | VIETNAMESE
The work of the Advisory Council is grounded in the guiding principle that equity is the best economic model and the mission will be twofold:
The Advisory Council will advise on short-term recommendations to local policymakers to help Oakland’s businesses and nonprofits re-open quickly and safely and connect Oaklanders with good jobs. This work will be informed by State and County regulations and phasing recommendations to ensure the public’s health and safety.
The Advisory Council will simultaneously explore solutions for how Oakland can rebuild its economy using equity as the centerpiece. This work will intentionally lead with race and other known biases to identify actions that both local policymakers and private sector partners can take to ensure Oakland’s economic recovery is just and equitable.
The full Oakland Economic Recovery Advisory Council page is here.
This is the first in the series of videos. Each one matches the meeting date noted in the title for that video.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Crash on 8th and Henry, April 24, 2021
- Port of Oakland Feature: Voices of Key Stakeholders
- Ms Talmera Richardson speaks at OUSD Board Meeting 2/24/21
- Tampa Bay Rays vs Oakland Athletics Highlights May 7, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Ford F250 on Forgiatos in Oakland California
- 2020 Ford Mustang GT Coupe Hayward Newark San Jose Oakland Pleasanton Union City
- Blue Shield Of California Provides $300,000 To Support Communities Of Color
- Terrell Owens On Dallas Cowboys QB, NFL Draft Asked At 2016 Night Of 100 Stars Oscars Party
- Lou Ferrigno Talks “Instant Death” Movie At 2016 Night Of 100 Stars Oscars Party
- Patrick Warburton National Car Rental Spokesman At 2016 Night Of 100 Stars Oscars Party
- Christopher McDonald On His Favorite Roles – Asked At 2016 Night Of 100 Stars Oscars Party
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home – Full YouTube Movie At Oakland News Now
- Oakland Planning Commission Hearing On 410 20th St Thomas Berkley Way Tall Building May 5th 2021
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back: Bike Oakland: Foothill Commute Route Loop A Year Later
- Zennie62 YouTube Gets Live Shout Out From Steven Campbell On Not Leaving Las Vegas Channel
- Las Vegas Live on a Friday – The Positive Vibes Livestream By Steven Campbell
- Looks Like Oakland Lake Merritt Racists From Nextdoor Have Migrated To Facebook
- Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf Proposes $3.85 Billion “Just Recovery Budget”
- VP Kamala Harris Meets With Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador – Remarks
- VAX LIVE Concert To Reunite America And Encourage Vaccine Equity Stars Harry And Meghan