Oakland Economic Recovery Council 1st Meeting Monday, May 18, 2020
The City of Oakland reports:
The Mayor and the Vice Mayor/Chair of the City Council Community and Economic Development Committee are inviting Oakland community and business leaders to participate in an Oakland Economic Recovery Council.
The Advisory Council is co-chaired by Mayor Schaaf and Vice Mayor Reid, in partnership with Jose Corona, Eat. Learn. Play Foundation; Michael McAfee, PolicyLink; and Barbara Leslie, Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce. James Head, East Bay Community Foundation will facilitate with Micah Weinberg, California Forward as co-facilitator. Research support will be provided by Mills College Center for Transformative Action and the Bay Area Council Economic Institute.
The Advisory Council consists of representatives from business, non-profit, and intergovernmental partners representing key sectors, along with staff from City departments and will be structured in working groups.
The purpose of the Advisory Council is to recommend specific local policy and strategies to facilitate economic recovery from the COVID-19 crisis, starting with urgent, short term business and worker needs to re-open and re-hire and then informing longer term goals for a resilient and equitable economy. The City’s economic recovery efforts will center on people first, investing in community infrastructure and rebuilding a resilient and equitable economy in accordance with its Core Mission and Economic Recovery Principles.
ReOpening Guide signs by the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce (PDF), in partnership with Oaklandish and the Economic Recovery Advisory Council, 11″ x 17″ signs for download. Pick up hard copies from any Oakland Chamber, Business Improvement District or CIty Council office. ENGLISH | CHINESE | SPANISH | VIETNAMESE
The work of the Advisory Council is grounded in the guiding principle that equity is the best economic model and the mission will be twofold:
The Advisory Council will advise on short-term recommendations to local policymakers to help Oakland’s businesses and nonprofits re-open quickly and safely and connect Oaklanders with good jobs. This work will be informed by State and County regulations and phasing recommendations to ensure the public’s health and safety.
The Advisory Council will simultaneously explore solutions for how Oakland can rebuild its economy using equity as the centerpiece. This work will intentionally lead with race and other known biases to identify actions that both local policymakers and private sector partners can take to ensure Oakland’s economic recovery is just and equitable.
The full Oakland Economic Recovery Advisory Council page is here.
This is the first in the series of videos. Each one matches the meeting date noted in the title for that video.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- 2021 Juneteenth Shooting At Oakland Lake Merrit,- My View Eric Pangilinan
- Resurrection Oakland Church | June 20, 2021. 10am
- THE DAY DAMN NEAR EVERYONE GOT BLOCKED IN… OAKLAND SIDESHOW
- Raiders In Full Support For Caleb Nassib – By Eric Pangilinan
- The Electric Moped Hooligans of Oakland
- Oakland Athletics VS Texas Rangers Highlights Regular Season | June 21, 2021
- 5305 Cole St Oakland, CA 94601
- 1180 60th Ave Oakland, CA 94621
- Assemblyman Mark Leno (D-San Francisco) Jokes At 2007 Richmond / Ermet AIDS Foundation Party
- DC News: Michael Keaton Spotted In The Flash Movie Set Along With Supergirl? By Joseph Armendariz
- Racist Incident At Boys H.S. Basketball Game In San Diego By Joseph Armendariz
- Carl Nassib Gay: Las Vegas Raiders Mark Davis & Jon Gruden Release Statements By Joseph Armendariz
- Las Vegas Raiders Mark Davis & Jon Gruden Releasse Statements Regarding Nassib By Joseph Armendariz
- Raiders Carl Nassib Says He’s Openly Gay But Why Is This News?
- Was 2021 Juneteeth Shooting At Oakland Lake Merritt Staged For Video, Right Wing Politics? OPD Media
- Boxing Deontay Wilder Wants Revenge On Tyson – Fury By Eric Pangilinan
- NEWS CONFERENCE June 21, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Tre^von Moehrig Signs His Rookie Contract By Joseph Armendariz
- Las Vegas Raiders : DE Carl Nassib Comes Out As Openly Gay By Joseph Armendariz
- Raiders’ DE Carl Nassib Becomes First Active NFL Player To Come Out As Gay, By: Vinny Lospinuso