ONN – Oakland Economic Recovery Advisory Council Interim Report Shows Major Problem: Analysis Paralysis – vlog by Zennie62 YouTube
The Oakland Economic Recovery Advisory Council Report was released October 26th and to zero fanfare. No press conference. No major effort to tell Oaklanders. No billboard. And given its’ contents, that may be a good thing.
Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf former the Oakland Economic Recovery Advisory Council in response to how The Pandemic was damaging Oakland’s – and The World’s – economy. The effort called for a four-to-six month process that would yield an economic plan. I immediately said that “Mayor Of Oakland Economic Recovery Council Shows She Doesn’t Get The Immediacy Of Our Problem”. The report proves I was correct, as much as the actual involvement of Oaklanders who participated in its virtual meetings.
What I wrote on May 13th 2020 was “You mean to tell me it just dawned on my 30-year-friends Larry and Libby that Oakland needs an economic plan for the pandemic, and she does this?” At a time when a giant number of people, maybe yourself, are just working to make sure you have enough money to buy food, or if you have work, you’re working like hell to maintain your job, and find more work, if you can. Point is, everyone’s scared.”
Basically, what I wrote would come to pass, did: a plan that’s dead on arrival.
The plan should not be a plan. It should be a set of actions that should have been done by now. I’ll get to what needs to be done in a moment. But here’s the problem.
Let’s put it this way: if there was no Internet, there would be no Oakland Economic Recovery Advisory Council in the form you see it. What Oakland would have done pre-Internet is the following:
Set up an office and a hot line to call, and designate a person and staff to field phone calls from Oaklanders seeking assistance. (Visits would be done but in an office setting that calls for masks, is designed to social-distant visitors, and is set up for rapid air-cleaning. That may give rise to an indoor / outdoor configuration.)
Drawn up a quick plan tying together all of the existing organizations to bear on the problem of assisting Oaklanders: The Oakland Business Development Corporation (OBDC), the Oakland Office of Economic Development, The Oakland Chamber of Commerce, etc.
Have a quick sheet list matching needs with Oakland organizations. For example, for business grants call OBDC, etc.
Identified needed monies and then asked each organizational head for how much money was initially needed, what it had, and then how to fill any monetary gaps.
Establish a deadline of readiness, say two to three weeks.
Open the office and launch the program.
Now, tell me how that compares to the Oakland Economic Recovery Advisory Council Interim Report, and its complex and involved rabbit hole of actions? Answer: what I wrote does not suffer from analysis paralysis, whereas the Oakland Economic Recovery Advisory Council’s approach does.
The response to the simple fact that people need money and money-related resources should not be complicated. Good economic development recognizes economic emergencies and responds accordingly. With the Oakland Economic Recovery Advisory Council’s approach, the people who need help now, in many cases, are still waiting.
Oakland can do better.
Note from Zennie62Media’s Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now Today Blog SF Bay Area: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
LET ZENNIE62MEDIA TELL YOUR STORY
Let ZENNIE62MEDIA Tell The Story About You The Media Refuses To Produce. Visit our site and hire Zennie62Media.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Rusty Hardin Says Tony Buzbee Deshaun Watson Settlement Not Happening Talk Is Ironic
- Mads Mikkelsen And Anders Jensen Blockbuster Interview With Zennie62Media’s Jessica Dwyer
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Seeks To Drown A’s Fans In Water At Coliseum
- Mads Mikkelsen Oscars: Mads Mikkelsen, Anders Jensen, Riders Of Justice Interview: Jessica Dwyer
- Oakland Schools: OUSD 2021 Classified School Employees Of The Year
- Biden Press Secretary Jen Psaki Statement On Restart of Colonial Pipeline And Continued Federal Government Efforts To Mitigate Impacts
- The Oakland A’s Never “Rooted In Oakland” – Las Vegas Mayor Says Relocation Talk 2 Years Old
- Oakland Athletics In Relocation Talks for 2 Years According To LV Review Journal – by Richard Haick
- City Of Oakland Eviction Moratorium Not Impacted By Federal Ruling
- RaceTrac Fayetteville Ga Gas Pumps Out Of Gas Except Diesel Due To Cyberattack
- 2021 NFL Schedule Revealed On NFL Network’s Schedule Release 21 Show
- NFL Gives Nine Social Justice Programs $2.5 Million
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back With Bike Oakland: Bancroft And International
- Rockets Kill 2 Israelis, Airstrikes Kill 28 In Gaza | MSNBC
- Crocker Highlands Mid-Century, Oakland, CA, 94610
- Violent Israeli-Palestinian Unrest Kills At Least 33 | The 11th Hour
- MLB tells Oakland A’s to start exploring other cities
- Team Coverage: Major League Baseball Greenlights Oakland A’s To Consider Relocating
- Talk’s Las Vegas Athletics For Oakland A’s Relocation But Portland Has 50K Signatures For MLB Ballpark
- Rep Liz Chaney Speech On House Floor On Eve Of Vote To Oust Her From House GOP Leadership