The Russian Government has taken notice of Oakland. Repeat: the Russian Government has taken notice of Oakland. But what does it mean?
The Oakland Downtown May Protest held May 1st was the focus of a video placed on a YouTube Channel called “Ruptly” – here’s the video-blog:
The version of the video that’s on YouTube has a grey banner that reads in plain English “RT is funded in whole or in part by the Russian Government,” and it has a link to a Wikipedia page about what was initially called “Russia Today” and is now called Ruptly. Here’s a few paragraphs of note:
RT International, based in Moscow, presents around-the-clock news bulletins, documentaries, talk shows, debates, sports news, and cultural programmes that it says provide “a Russian viewpoint on major global events”. RT operates as a multilingual service with conventional channels in five languages: the original English-language channel was launched in 2005, the Arabic-language channel in 2007, Spanish in 2009, German in 2014 and French in 2017. RT America (since 2010), RT UK (since 2014), and other regional channels also offer some locally based content.
RT has been frequently described as a propaganda outlet for the Russian government and its foreign policy. RT has also been accused of spreading disinformation by news reporters, including some former RT reporters. The United Kingdom media regulator, Ofcom, has repeatedly found RT to have breached its rules on impartiality and of broadcasting “materially misleading” content. RT’s editor-in-chief compared it with the Russian Army and Defence Ministry, and talked about it “waging the information war against the entire Western world.” September 2017, RT America was ordered to register as a “foreign agent” with the United States Department of Justice under the Foreign Agents Registration Act. Under the act, RT will be required to disclose financial information.
Given the history of what is now called Ruptly, what are we to make of the Oakland May Protest 2019 Video? Well, this Ruptly entry gives some clue as to its intent: “Organised by local activist groups and workers’ unions, this year’s rally centred on immigrants’ rights and a federal hourly wage increase for all the workers.” In other words, because it’s focused on the immigration issue, Ruptly had to go down and make a video.
It looks to this blogger like the Russian Government is at it again: spreading the idea that immigrants are protesting to get aide from the Federal Government. Why? To divide America and to plant the seeds for the same political dynamic that got Donald Trump elected President of the United States in 2016.
Moreover, it appears Ruptly has identified Oakland as the place to go for images that can help advance its strategy. Did anyone happen to tell Ruptly that the protestors were City of Oakland workers – residents of Oakland?
Look at some of the video comments that were posted:
3 hours ago
California is gone. America isn’t our home anymore, our people fought and died, sacrificed and gave everything in duty and love to this Republic. Our home no more. The cushions our sacrifices have made are given to the incompetent and evil. Sad sad days ahead. There is no coming back from this
3 hours ago
Don’t any of entitled people work????
We reached out to Ruptly for a comment, and will inform you of any response.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland A’s PITCHER Sergio Romo drops his PANTS during inspection by umpire for FOREIGN substances
- City Auditor Pt1 Courtney Ruby, Oakland City Auditor, All About Community, June 8, 2021
- Boxing Keith Thurman Says Pacquiao Fist Feel Like a Rock Spence Better Listen – By Eric Pangilinan
- Atlanta Hawks Upset Milwaukee Bucks 116-113 To Win NBA East Finals Game 1
- Sonic The Hedgehog Celebrates It’s 30th Anniversary As A Franchise, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Hawks Trae Young Shimmy Scores Three vs Bucks NBA Playoffs Game 1 2021
- Raiders Josh Jacobs Was Not happy Losing Hudson And Jackson – By Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Coming Out Of Retirement- By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Derek Carr Supports Teammate Carl Nassib – By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Receiver John Brown Building Chemistry With QB Derek Carr
- John McAfee, Who Ran For President vs Donald Trump In 2015, Died In Spanish Prison
- Loki Lamentis Review Recap – By Jessica Dwyer
- Loki Episode 3: Does The Ark Reference Have Symbolic Meaning To Noah’s Ark? By Joseph Armendariz
- 2412 Kingsland Ave Oakland, CA 94601
- Bike Oakland/Alameda: Bay Trail & Bay Farm Island
- Oakland City Budget 2021-23: Oakland City Council President Bas Presents Amendments
- 2020 USWNT U.S. Olympics Women’s Soccer Team Announced June 23 2021
- IKEA in Atlanta Under Fire For Juneteenth Celebration Menu By Joseph Armendariz
- Loki Is Bisexual Says Director Kate Herron – But What Would Thor Say About That?
- My Cryptocurrency Portfolio Is Up Today, June 23 2021; Changed Its Composition. What Works For You?
Oakland News Now Archives
- California eviction moratorium still in limbo ahead of June 30 expiration – San Francisco Chronicle
- Adams leads in NYC mayoral primary but 2 others have a shot – theday.com
- Giant Crane To Pass Under Golden Gate Bridge En Route To Oakland – Patch.com
- Oakland Police Department using de-escalation simulator to train officers on use of force – California News Times
- Oakland A’s minor-league updates: Who’s making the case for a promotion? – The Mercury News
- Photos: Rally and vigil follows Juneteenth shooting at Lake Merritt – The Oaklandside
- Gwyneth Paltrow Probably Didn’t Write This Guide to What’s Cool and New in SF – Flipboard
- Crystal Teahon Obituary (1941 – 2021) – Cordes Lakes, AZ – Custer County Chief – Legacy.com
- East Bay Assembly candidates lay out LGBTQ plans – Bay Area Reporter, America’s highest circulation LGBT newspaper
- Cruise ships are back in business, but new rules mean changes – CNET