The Russian Government has taken notice of Oakland. Repeat: the Russian Government has taken notice of Oakland. But what does it mean?
The Oakland Downtown May Protest held May 1st was the focus of a video placed on a YouTube Channel called “Ruptly” – here’s the video-blog:
The version of the video that’s on YouTube has a grey banner that reads in plain English “RT is funded in whole or in part by the Russian Government,” and it has a link to a Wikipedia page about what was initially called “Russia Today” and is now called Ruptly. Here’s a few paragraphs of note:
RT International, based in Moscow, presents around-the-clock news bulletins, documentaries, talk shows, debates, sports news, and cultural programmes that it says provide “a Russian viewpoint on major global events”. RT operates as a multilingual service with conventional channels in five languages: the original English-language channel was launched in 2005, the Arabic-language channel in 2007, Spanish in 2009, German in 2014 and French in 2017. RT America (since 2010), RT UK (since 2014), and other regional channels also offer some locally based content.
RT has been frequently described as a propaganda outlet for the Russian government and its foreign policy. RT has also been accused of spreading disinformation by news reporters, including some former RT reporters. The United Kingdom media regulator, Ofcom, has repeatedly found RT to have breached its rules on impartiality and of broadcasting “materially misleading” content. RT’s editor-in-chief compared it with the Russian Army and Defence Ministry, and talked about it “waging the information war against the entire Western world.” September 2017, RT America was ordered to register as a “foreign agent” with the United States Department of Justice under the Foreign Agents Registration Act. Under the act, RT will be required to disclose financial information.
Given the history of what is now called Ruptly, what are we to make of the Oakland May Protest 2019 Video? Well, this Ruptly entry gives some clue as to its intent: “Organised by local activist groups and workers’ unions, this year’s rally centred on immigrants’ rights and a federal hourly wage increase for all the workers.” In other words, because it’s focused on the immigration issue, Ruptly had to go down and make a video.
It looks to this blogger like the Russian Government is at it again: spreading the idea that immigrants are protesting to get aide from the Federal Government. Why? To divide America and to plant the seeds for the same political dynamic that got Donald Trump elected President of the United States in 2016.
Moreover, it appears Ruptly has identified Oakland as the place to go for images that can help advance its strategy. Did anyone happen to tell Ruptly that the protestors were City of Oakland workers – residents of Oakland?
Look at some of the video comments that were posted:
3 hours ago
California is gone. America isn’t our home anymore, our people fought and died, sacrificed and gave everything in duty and love to this Republic. Our home no more. The cushions our sacrifices have made are given to the incompetent and evil. Sad sad days ahead. There is no coming back from this
3 hours ago
Don’t any of entitled people work????
We reached out to Ruptly for a comment, and will inform you of any response.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- The Jewel of Oakland – An Aerial Cinematic View of Lake Merritt in 4K October 19, 2021
- Oakland Sideshow SEP. 2021 pt.2 October 19, 2021
- Bike Oakland: Seminary, Leona Heights, Upper Dimond, Laurel, Allendale, Maxwell Park October 19, 2021
- Bike the sunrise in Oakland, San Leandro & Alameda October 19, 2021
- Bike Oakland: Up Broadway, Broadway Heights, Down Monterey October 19, 2021
- Bike Oakland: Up Monterey, Down Park October 19, 2021
- Oakland Sideshow SEP. 2021 October 19, 2021
- Bills vs Titans Week 6 Highlights | NFL 2021 October 19, 2021
- Kate Scott embraces Philly as Sixers season begins | Sixers Talk October 19, 2021
- Every Touchdown Scored In Week 6 | NFL 2021 Highlights October 19, 2021
- Bills vs. Titans Week 6 Highlights | NFL 2021 October 19, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans Highlights 4th Qtr | NFL Season 2021 October 19, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans Highlights 3rd Qtr | NFL Season 2021 October 19, 2021
- Train hauling corrosive acid derails at Port of Oakland October 19, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs. Tennessee Titans HIGHLIGHTs 4th-Qtr | Week 6 NFL Sunday, October 18,2021 October 18, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs. Tennessee Titans HIGHLIGHTs 2nd-Qtr | Week 6 NFL Sunday, October 18,2021 October 18, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs. Tennessee Titans HIGHLIGHTs 3rd-Qtr | Week 6 NFL Sunday, October 18,2021 October 18, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans Highlights 2nd Qtr | NFL Season 2021 October 18, 2021
- Oakland Hills Firestorm Community Comeback Film Photos with Olympus OM 2n on Kodak Gold October 18, 2021
- 🏈 LIVE| Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans – 2021 NFL Game Week 6 October 18, 2021
- Reacting to the Las Vegas Raiders’ first game without Jon Gruden | KJM October 18, 2021
- The Silver and Black Respond With Impressive Win in Denver | Raiders Gameday | NFL October 18, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Ex Players Who Played For Gruden Speak About Jon Gruden By Eric Pangilinan October 18, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs. Tennessee Titans HIGHLIGHTs | Week 6 NFL Sunday, October 18,2021 October 18, 2021
- 1 Otp = ₹156🔴LIVE | New Earning Apps 2021 | Free Paytm Cash Daily Earn ₹1560 |Best Earning App October 18, 2021
- Gabby Petito’s heartbroken family make desperate plea in search for justice | 60 Minutes Australia October 18, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans Highlights 1st Qtr | NFL Season 2021 October 18, 2021
- “SHOW I.D. OR GET OUT!!” SAN FRANCISCO FEDERAL BUILDING FIRST AMENDMENT October 18, 2021
- NFL Trade Rumors On Odell Beckham, Von Miller, Saquon Barkley, Jimmy Garoppolo + Dak Prescott Injury October 18, 2021
- Bye Bye New England! INSANE Ending Cowboys vs. Patriots October 18, 2021