Ms. Kaplan, who was also San Francisco Deputy Mayor under Mayor Willie Brown (who started the path toward Salesforce Transit Center off when he called for a new Transbay Terminal in 1997), has yet to receive her entire due for the 19 years of meetings, conceiving, politicking, negotiating, imagining, and directing she did to see the Transit Center through to completion.
Instead, Maria has been the victim of fake news and the telling of an alternative history of the Transit Center, which is far more than a bus stop and contains a giant train level for California High Speed Rail.
Still, the late San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee gave her special praise during the Salesforce Tower Groundbreaking, the Golden Gate Business Association, and the Northern California Carpenters Regional Council have praised and awarded Maria for her work.
Now, comes praise from another corner: renowned Oakland Developer Phil Tagami, Managing Partner of California Capital Group, and the builder of the Oakland Rotunda and The Fox Theater, wrote a Twitter tweet specifically praising Maria Ayerdi Kaplan for her effort in making Salesforce Transit Center a reality. This one:
What an amazing job on one of the most complicated projects in the Bay Area in the past decade. It takes quite a will to stay focused so long with many changing faces, funding streams, and yes politics. Building a team and supporting them along the way thanks for your leadership.
— Phillip Tagami (@ptagami) November 17, 2018
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News
- Watching Amanda Gorman Keynote At Professional Business Woman California Conference 2021
- Ben Barlett Berkeley Councilmember Meetings On Traffic, Fire Safety This Week
- Ultra Black News | Ahmed Muhammad | Oakland Tech’s First Black Male Valedictorian
- Asian American Attacks: Couple Dragged In Brazen Parking Lot Robbery In Oakland
- 5 7 2021 Auto Accident Hit N Run Oakland East 14th & 2nd
- Zennie62 YouTube At 2008 DNC Convention, United Airlines Flight To Denver, Meeting Ashley Wolfe Long
- Kenny Mayne: ESPN Tried To Keep Kenny Mayne For Less But He Said No – No Tears Here
- Andrew Peterson Oakland CIO Gets Harari Conscious Leadership And Social Innovation Award
- Oakland Councilmember Sheng Thao And Oakland Mutual Aid Collective Will Distribute PPE Kits To Students May 11th
- Ca Governor Gavin Newsom’s $100 Billion Rental Assistance Plan Debut With Oakland Mayor Schaff
- Governor Newsom Unveils his Economic Recovery Package
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am
- Sharing The Beauty Of Lake Merritt, Oakland, California – Mothers Day 2021
- Mothers Day Drum Circle – Lake Merritt, Oakland, California, 2021
- Bike Oakland & Alameda: Alameda, Bay Farm, and 66th Ave
- Port of Oakland Trade Boom: Wan Hai Lines Connects U.S. And Asia In 2021
- Oakland City Budget Forgets Cybersecurity As USA’s Largest Pipeline Gets Ransomwared