Oakland, CA – In Oakland Crime News, an Adams Point District resident was robbed At gunpoint Monday night September 16th 2019 at 9:20 PM PST. The report was posted on the Nextdoor news feed:
I was robbed at gunpoint at 9:20pm this evening on Lee Street at Van Buren while walking home. The guy had a handgun; he took my backpack and got that along with my wallet. I hesitated until he demanded it for a third time and since no one had came by decided it was time to give it up. Please let me know if anyone was a witness. I was told by the police that there have been a number of similar incidents in the past couple of weeks. I am sharing this with my neighborhood community so you can tell your friends and neighbors and we can all look out for one another.
Then, another Oakland Adams Point District resident followed up with this:
Do you have a detailed description of the robber, so neighbors can be on the lookout? Was there a getaway car waiting? Glad you’re ok. Things can be replaced. Thanks.
And this resident reported that a robbery happened at 245 Lee Street:
WE HAVE SAME INCIDENTS HAPPENING AT 245 LEE ST IN OUR GARAGE
And this resident reported that they were robbed at gunpoint on Perkins:
I was robbed at gunpoint on Perkins with my boyfriend about a month ago. And a single male was robbed just minutes before us. Its actually pretty dark and can get surprisingly empty. Best to just avoid walking after dark altogether unfortunately (or don’t carry anything valuable with you)
Where’s Adams Point, Oakland, Anyway?
Wikipedia has this description:
Adams Point is a neighborhood of Oakland, California. It is located on the northern shore of Lake Merritt, directly adjacent to Downtown Oakland and the Grand Lake district. It is a triangle bounded by Grand Avenue on the south, Harrison Street on the northwest, and the MacArthur Freeway on the northeast. It lies at an elevation of 79 feet (24 m). Neighborhood landmarks include the Veteran’s Memorial Building, the Earl Warren House, the art deco Bellevue-Staten Building, Lakeside Park, one of Oakland’s larger parks, and Children’s Fairyland, which is in the park.
According to the LocalWiki for Oakland, Adams Point is ..
Adams Point is a neighborhood named for its former owner, Edson Adams, one of Oakland’s three founding landowners/squatters. Adams Point has experienced gentrification and has become an area full of young professionals, artists, and gnomes, creating a broad socio-economic mix. The area is very well served by a Whole Foods Market (on Vernon street – video) and an array of different restaurants and bars all along Grand Avenue.
Adams Point is a short walk or quick cycle from Lake Merritt, the Grand Lake Theater, and the 19th Street BART station.
Adams Point is a short walk or quick cycle from Lake Merritt, the Grand Lake Theater, and the 19th Street BART station. Still, it has its share of problems, particularly robberies and dumping, as this video reveals.
And the editor linked to what happened to be one of this vloggers over 6,000 (or maybe more like 10,000) Zennie62 on YouTube videos on Oakland:
Welcome to Oakland and Adams Point.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- MLB Picks – Atlanta Braves vs Los Angeles Dodgers – NLCS Game 3 MLB Playoffs October 19, 2021
- The BEST MLB Team That MISSED The Playoffs October 19, 2021
- 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo is Likely to Start Against the Indianapolis Colts October 19, 2021
- MLB Playoffs, MNF, NHL, NBA Opening Night, NBA Top 100 Players, News & Notes, DWTS, Best Bet October 19, 2021
- Curb Your Enthusiasm (2021) | Season 11 Official Trailer | HBO October 19, 2021
- Korn – “Coming Undone” – Live 10-18-2021 – Oakland Arena – Oakland, CA October 19, 2021
- Brutal Marriage Movie – SNL October 19, 2021
- Five players the New York Jets could deal at the NFL trading deadline October 19, 2021
- 2021 MLB playoffs Red Sox vs Astros odds ALCS Game 3 picks predictions October 19, 2021
- Astros vs Red Sox Game 3 Highlights | MLB 2021 October 19, 2021
- Lowe’s Fayetteville GA Service Tech Shelby Cooper Great Dishwasher Install Service On Call October 19, 2021
- Oakland Unified School District OUSD Celebrates 2021 National Principals Month October 19, 2021
- The Jewel of Oakland – An Aerial Cinematic View of Lake Merritt in 4K October 19, 2021
- Oakland Sideshow SEP. 2021 pt.2 October 19, 2021
- Bike Oakland: Seminary, Leona Heights, Upper Dimond, Laurel, Allendale, Maxwell Park October 19, 2021
- Bike the sunrise in Oakland, San Leandro & Alameda October 19, 2021
- Bike Oakland: Up Broadway, Broadway Heights, Down Monterey October 19, 2021
- Bike Oakland: Up Monterey, Down Park October 19, 2021
- Oakland Sideshow SEP. 2021 October 19, 2021
- Bills vs Titans Week 6 Highlights | NFL 2021 October 19, 2021
- Kate Scott embraces Philly as Sixers season begins | Sixers Talk October 19, 2021
- Every Touchdown Scored In Week 6 | NFL 2021 Highlights October 19, 2021
- Bills vs. Titans Week 6 Highlights | NFL 2021 October 19, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans Highlights 4th Qtr | NFL Season 2021 October 19, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans Highlights 3rd Qtr | NFL Season 2021 October 19, 2021
- Train hauling corrosive acid derails at Port of Oakland October 19, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs. Tennessee Titans HIGHLIGHTs 4th-Qtr | Week 6 NFL Sunday, October 18,2021 October 18, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs. Tennessee Titans HIGHLIGHTs 2nd-Qtr | Week 6 NFL Sunday, October 18,2021 October 18, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs. Tennessee Titans HIGHLIGHTs 3rd-Qtr | Week 6 NFL Sunday, October 18,2021 October 18, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans Highlights 2nd Qtr | NFL Season 2021 October 18, 2021