Oakland Moms 4 Housing update: letter by Oakland City Council President (At-Large) Rebecca Kaplan and Oakland District Two City Council Representative Nikki Fortunato Bas to Wedgewood Properties
Oakland – This is the digitized version of the letter Oakland District Two Councilmember Nikki Fortunato Bas and I submitted to Wedgewood Properties CEO Greg Geiser on behalf of Moms 4 Housing in the matter of the property at 2928 Magnolia in West Oakland.
OAKLAND CITY COUNCIL PRESIDENT REBECCA KAPLAN
DISTRICT 2 COUNCILMEMBER NIKKI FORTUNATO BAS
City Hall • 1 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza • Oakland, California 94612
December 26, 2019
Greg Geiser, CEO
2015 Manhattan Beach Blvd.
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
2928 Magnolia, Oakland CA
Dear Mr. Geiser:
We are writing to continue to express deep concern about issues regarding your property at 2928
Magnolia in Oakland CA. As you know, a group called Moms 4 Housing is living in the property
and has offered to purchase the home. They are formerly homeless and among the growing
number of people experiencing the homelessness crisis in our City and across our State.
During the winter holidays we are called to show mercy to the vulnerable among us. In this
spirit, we appeal to you to extend the hand of fellowship and do the right thing.
You have said publicly that you are willing to work with a nonprofit organization to have the
house help local at-risk youth, however the group you named, Shelter 37, is not a nonprofit in
our Oakland community with the capacity to deliver what you describe.
However, there is a local nonprofit with a track record in Oakland that is ready, willing and able
to work with you now to purchase the property and enable it to be used to support local at-risk
children and families.
Therefore, we respectfully urge you, Mr. Geiser, to meet with the Oakland Community
Land Trust before the December 30th court hearing to resolve this matter without further
strife. We are willing to convene this meeting to support a positive resolution.
Please do not hesitate to contact us via Bobbi Lopez, Policy Director, Council President Rebecca
Kaplan at [email protected], 415-516-0361 and Councilmember Nikki Fortunato Bas at
[email protected], 510-220-9886.
Council President, At-Large
Nikki Fortunato Bas
Councilmember, District 2
CC: Sam Singer
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Nba Time For The 76ers To Trade Ben Simmons- By Eric Pangilinan
- Maria Ayerdi Kaplan: Salesforce Transit Center Should Have Her Statue In Front Of It, Marc Beinoff
- Dave Kaval Headed Back To Las Vegas, After The Howard Terminal City Of Oakland Alameda County Fiasco
- What Atlanta 1 Step From NBA Finals 1 Year After Donald Trump, Rayshard Brooks, The Pandemic, Means
- Atlanta Hawks Shock Philadelphia 76ers 103 – 96 – Off To 2021 Eastern Conference Finals
- Louis Riddick Says Raiders Issue Always Been Defense Not Derek Carr – By Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Errol Spence Jr Belives He Is The big Dog- By Eric Pangilinan
- Gus Bradley Putting In New Defense System For The Raiders By – Eric Pangilinan
- Philippines Orders Biggest Doese Of Covid Vaccine
- Nba Western Conference Finals Devin Booker Shines By- Eric Pangilinan
- Deep Dish Pizza – Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria Classic Style At Uptown Plaza, Phoenix, 100 E Camelback Rd
- Gus Bradley Putting In New Defense System For The Raiders By- Eric Pangilinan
- 2021 Juneteenth Shooting At Oakland Lake Merritt Shows Some Black Kids Don’t Value Black Life – Our Fault
- Juneteenth Lake Merritt Shooting: Oakland City Council’s Nikki Fortunado Bas, Carroll Fife Statement
- Kumasi Aaron Of ABC 7 At Juneteenth Jubilee Oakland, Produced By Oakland City Council’s Loren Taylor
- Juneteenth Walk Down Broadway In Oakland Brings Back Memories For Instagram Poster
- 1 dead, others injured after shots fired at Lake Merritt
- Brooklyn Loses NBA Playoffs Game 7 To Milwalkee 115 – 111 Kevin Durant Reverts To Warriors Time
- NBA Super Teams Dont Win Right Away By- Eric Pangilinan
- Kevin Durant Is God Reaction – Hits Tie Shot To Send Game 7 Vs Bucks To Overtime