Oakland Moms 4 Housing update: letter by Oakland City Council President (At-Large) Rebecca Kaplan and Oakland District Two City Council Representative Nikki Fortunato Bas to Wedgewood Properties
Oakland – This is the digitized version of the letter Oakland District Two Councilmember Nikki Fortunato Bas and I submitted to Wedgewood Properties CEO Greg Geiser on behalf of Moms 4 Housing in the matter of the property at 2928 Magnolia in West Oakland.
OAKLAND CITY COUNCIL PRESIDENT REBECCA KAPLAN
DISTRICT 2 COUNCILMEMBER NIKKI FORTUNATO BAS
City Hall • 1 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza • Oakland, California 94612
December 26, 2019
Greg Geiser, CEO
2015 Manhattan Beach Blvd.
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
2928 Magnolia, Oakland CA
Dear Mr. Geiser:
We are writing to continue to express deep concern about issues regarding your property at 2928
Magnolia in Oakland CA. As you know, a group called Moms 4 Housing is living in the property
and has offered to purchase the home. They are formerly homeless and among the growing
number of people experiencing the homelessness crisis in our City and across our State.
During the winter holidays we are called to show mercy to the vulnerable among us. In this
spirit, we appeal to you to extend the hand of fellowship and do the right thing.
You have said publicly that you are willing to work with a nonprofit organization to have the
house help local at-risk youth, however the group you named, Shelter 37, is not a nonprofit in
our Oakland community with the capacity to deliver what you describe.
However, there is a local nonprofit with a track record in Oakland that is ready, willing and able
to work with you now to purchase the property and enable it to be used to support local at-risk
children and families.
Therefore, we respectfully urge you, Mr. Geiser, to meet with the Oakland Community
Land Trust before the December 30th court hearing to resolve this matter without further
strife. We are willing to convene this meeting to support a positive resolution.
Please do not hesitate to contact us via Bobbi Lopez, Policy Director, Council President Rebecca
Kaplan at [email protected], 415-516-0361 and Councilmember Nikki Fortunato Bas at
[email protected], 510-220-9886.
Council President, At-Large
Nikki Fortunato Bas
Councilmember, District 2
CC: Sam Singer
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Diageo Official Spirits Sponsor Of The National Football League
- 2022 Honda CIVIC Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 45605
- 2022 Honda CIVIC Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 45607
- Riding The Craziest Roller Coaster In England Tom Simons – Tommyinnit Reaction Video
- Loki Episode 2 : Response To Zennie Of Zennie62 By Joseph Armendariz
- President Biden Meeting Russian President Putin Is Our American Expression Of Democracy
- Juneteenth Is A National Holiday – My Complex Relationship With Juneteenth
- Review Of Marvel Studios Loki Episode 2 Review By Joseph Armendariz – Is Loki Evil?
- Loki Episode 2 : Did We See A Spiderman Logo Easter Egg By:Joseph Armendariz
- Loki Episode 2: Reaction And Commentary By Joseph Armendariz
- World Elder Abuse Awareness: Oakland Must Prioritize Getting Homeless Elderly Into Homes
- Kevin Durant Saves The Brooklyn Nets Season In Game Five Against The Bucks, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Homeless Encampment Believed To Be Cause Of Fire In Irwindale CA By Joseph Armendariz
- Derek Carr Is A Good Example Of What Being A Raider Means – By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders: Josh Jacob’s Derek Carr Mini Camp Press Conference My Take Joseph Armendariz
- Charles Barkley Says He Not Having Fun Anymore Because Of Cancel Culture -By Eric Pangilinan
- Charles Barkley Says He Not Having Fun Anymore
- What Will Be The Raiders Keys To Having A Winning Season: By Eric pangilinan
- Howard Terminal Ballpark Oakland A’s Presentation To Alameda County With City of Oakland
- Charles Barkley Slams Cancel Culture – By Eric Pangilinan