ONN – Oakland Councilmember Lynette Gibson McElhaney Upsets Oakland Raiders Fans With Lawsuit Views
Oakland Councilmember and friend Lynette Gibson McElhaney elected to use Facebook to broadcast her views on the lawsuit the City of Oakland filed against the Oakland Raiders and the NFL, that was dismissed last week.
She made her post public, used a post from the anti-Oakland Las Vegas Review Journal, and her easily readable take upset a number of fans of the now-relocated-to-Las Vegas Oakland Raiders. That was especially true for my friend Chris Fry-Lopez.
In my ongoing effort to use the latest in media technology and employ ‘out-of-the-box’ methods, I invited Chris Fry-Lopez and Councilmember McElhaney to come on my StreamYard-and-YouTube powered livestream, and talk about the social media exchange, complete with her Facebook comments and his, and videos from the 2015 NFL Spring League Meeting, featuring Raiders Managing General Partner Mark Davis. Chris Fry-Lopez agreed; Councilmember McElhaney did not respond to my phone call or text with an invite to the livestream.
Councilmember McElhaney wrote:
Both fans and foes of the venerable team will want to know the update on this lawsuit.
Given that I was on the defeated side of the vote, I have hesitated to make any public comment on this while the litigation was underway. I did not support the City undertaking this as a legal matter. I was concerned that this was a distraction from more pressing matters and that a loss would only weaken the City’s reputation.
Some say appeal. Others say drop it. What say ye?
Hopefully we will now move forward, seeking to embrace our best next chapter.
Ever forward, LoveLife !
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- City Of Oakland Bilingual Citywide COVID-19 Video With Mayor Libby Schaaf, OFD, OPD
- First Unitarian Church Of Oakland: Earth — Celebrate And Save It
- 755 65th St Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- Timothy Douglas, OEA Negotiator, On OEA-OUSD Oakland School Reopening Tentative Agreement Before Final
- Raiders Mark Davis Right, We’re Wrong About Derek Chauvin Verdict Tweet, Here’s Why
- Oakland Police Should March In Solidarity With Black Community Post Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Raiders “I Can Breathe” Tweet: What Was Las Vegas Thinking With That Derek Chauvin Verdict Entry?
- President Biden and Vice President Harris Address the Nation on the Derek Chauvin Trial Verdict
- Oakland Tech’s Ahmed Muhammad School’s 1st Black Male Valedictorian On Day Of Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Derek Chauvin Murder Trial Verdict Livestream Reaction Vlog After Murder Of George Floyd
- WATCH LIVE: Jury in Derek Chauvin trial expected to return a verdict
- Oakland School News: OUSD Unveil’s New Green Schoolyard In Celebration Of Earth Day
- A Shooting Has Taken Place At A Stop & Shop In West Hempstead, NY, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Look At Oakland Lake Merritt Instagram Videos Shows Fun Gathering – Are Complaints Just Racism?
- Oakland Lake Merritt Vendors Move From Lakeshore To Grand Avenue, But Racist Take Remains
- Memories of Roy Steele, Oakland A’s Announcer
- Oakland Police Chief Antioch Press Conference
- Oakland Mayor’s Town Hall Budget Summit – Guaranteed Income
- Renaming to White Supremacy Resolution
- The Sounds Of Oakland: Sideshow Season 2021 OPD Responds