ONN – Oakland Councilmember Dan Kalb On ITS Phil Tagami Bulk Terminal After Latest Court Win vs City
Oakland Councilmember Kalb and I talked after the City of Oakland lost its anti-SLAPP lawsuit attempt against developer Phil Tagami and Zennie62Media content client Insight Terminal Solutions. This was the 4th time Oakland lost in court to Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal, but from Kalb’s words, Oakland remains firmly against any coal shipments coming through via the bulk terminal.
What’s strange and concerning about our argument (and I consider Dan a friend so its not at all personal) is that he doesn’t seem to care one bit about the Utah coal workers and the need for them to sustain their jobs. The Pandemic has rendered the idea that they can get other jobs a completely stupid one – especially since everyone agrees that Utah will benefit from the Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal.
Dan seems too focused only on coal and has zero idea that iron ore is also a bulk commodity that is shipped and used to make steel, worldwide. The Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal, was designed to move bulk commodities in a low emissions way.
Why is the City of Oakland only interested in only in banning coal and not iron ore or other commodies that have higher emissioms indexes? And why are trucks allowed to pollute in West Oakland through all of this?
And why the love for Tom Steyer, who was a coal investor until he elected to spend millions to turn America away from coal. Given that Steyer’s a hedge fund investor, and he’s poured millions into California elected officials, it seems like he and people like Utah’s Huntsman Family are trying to steer us to favor their businesses – which do not employ coal workers and have higher unemployment rates. Sorry, but something is up. It’s wrong to push people out of jobs and onto the street for a problem that can be solved in another way. For me, it’s not American. I want to know what the impacted Utah workers think of this?
Sorry Dan, you’re a great Oakland councilmember, but just plain wrong about the Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal. And what’s up with the love for Tom Steyer in this context?
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- CHP Chase Ends With AC Transit Bus Crash Into Oakland Home October 16, 2021
- AC Transit plows into Oakland home after being hit by stolen car: CHP October 16, 2021
- Dusty Baker Compares Jose Altuve & Carlos Correa to Tom Brady & Rob Gronkowski After ALCS Game 1 Win October 16, 2021
- Pompsie Las Vegas Vlogger Gives Tour Of His $2000 Las Vegas Apartment October 16, 2021
- Mountain View Castro Street Closure Seen as Pandemic Perk October 16, 2021
- Smoke Effect Template | CSK Mass Status Black Screen Template | Luna Tech Tamil | New Templates October 16, 2021
- Red Sox vs Astros Game 1 Highlights | MLB 2021 October 16, 2021
- 41 Points in 30 Minutes?! Stephen Curry Got Buckets on Warriors Ground | Oct. 15, 2021 October 16, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Will Greg Olson Play Calling Produce 1st Quarter Results? By Joseph Armendariz October 16, 2021
- Stephen Curry with an AMAZING Dribbling Move! | Oct. 15, 2021 vs. Trail Blazers October 15, 2021
- The Coverups @ The Uptown in Oakland, CA 9/30/18 “Ziggy Stardust” October 15, 2021
- The Coverups @ The Uptown in Oakland, CA 9/30/18 “Pretty In Pink” October 15, 2021
- The Coverups @ The Uptown in Oakland, CA 9/30/18 “American Girl” October 15, 2021
- 49ers Friday: Bye Week Special October 15, 2021
- Steph & Curtis’s Pregame Routine is BACK! | #shorts October 15, 2021
- Peralta College Board Unanimously Extends Chancellor Jannett Jackson’s Contract October 15, 2021
- Witness Claims Oakland Police Searching for Wrong Car in Road Rage Homicide October 15, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Will Greg Olson Be A Better Play Caller Then Jon Gruden? By Eric Pangilinan October 15, 2021
- Fentanyl Alert!!! Looks Like Chewing Gum by Derrick Soo October 15, 2021
- Video of suspect vehicle in Oakland road rage shooting that left teen dead October 15, 2021
- 245 Perkins St 34 Oakland, CA 94610 October 15, 2021
- Rotary Club of Oakland Civic Thursday Meeting, October 7th 2021. October 15, 2021
- Why I’m leaving Oakland, California. Pt.1 October 15, 2021
- Downs Oakland Sunday Service 10.17.21 October 15, 2021
- 5800 Nottingham Dr Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale October 15, 2021
- Raiders Rumors Mailbag: Hire Jack Del Rio As Next Raiders Head Coach? Start Jimmy Morrissey? October 15, 2021
- San Francisco 49ers Rumors: Xavien Howard Trade? Nick Bosa, Deebo Samuel Contract Extension| Mailbag October 15, 2021
- Latest San Francisco 49ers News With Matt Maiocco October 15, 2021
- Dodgers vs. Giants NLDS Game 5 Highlights (10/14/21) | MLB Highlights October 15, 2021
- NFL News: Leaked Emails Link NFL Attorney Jeff Pash To Bruce Allen Cover Up By Joseph Armendariz October 15, 2021