ONN – Oakland Councilmember Dan Kalb On ITS Phil Tagami Bulk Terminal After Latest Court Win vs City
Oakland Councilmember Kalb and I talked after the City of Oakland lost its anti-SLAPP lawsuit attempt against developer Phil Tagami and Zennie62Media content client Insight Terminal Solutions. This was the 4th time Oakland lost in court to Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal, but from Kalb’s words, Oakland remains firmly against any coal shipments coming through via the bulk terminal.
What’s strange and concerning about our argument (and I consider Dan a friend so its not at all personal) is that he doesn’t seem to care one bit about the Utah coal workers and the need for them to sustain their jobs. The Pandemic has rendered the idea that they can get other jobs a completely stupid one – especially since everyone agrees that Utah will benefit from the Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal.
Dan seems too focused only on coal and has zero idea that iron ore is also a bulk commodity that is shipped and used to make steel, worldwide. The Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal, was designed to move bulk commodities in a low emissions way.
Why is the City of Oakland only interested in only in banning coal and not iron ore or other commodies that have higher emissioms indexes? And why are trucks allowed to pollute in West Oakland through all of this?
And why the love for Tom Steyer, who was a coal investor until he elected to spend millions to turn America away from coal. Given that Steyer’s a hedge fund investor, and he’s poured millions into California elected officials, it seems like he and people like Utah’s Huntsman Family are trying to steer us to favor their businesses – which do not employ coal workers and have higher unemployment rates. Sorry, but something is up. It’s wrong to push people out of jobs and onto the street for a problem that can be solved in another way. For me, it’s not American. I want to know what the impacted Utah workers think of this?
Sorry Dan, you’re a great Oakland councilmember, but just plain wrong about the Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal. And what’s up with the love for Tom Steyer in this context?
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- dat Krunchy Couple: Trader Joe’s Snack Haul
- Oakland City Council Leaders Email To Rob Manfred MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Relocation
- This Pastrami is Oakland’s Best Kept Secret | Word of Mouth
- 1100 Himself on The Meaning Behind The Word “Hyphy” + Explains Oakland Slang. PT.2
- Rose Haze | Oakland Band | Live Performance at Balanced Breakfast’s Showcase | SxSW 2021
- 2421 67th Avenue Oakland, CA | ColdwellBankerHomes.com
- Bike Oakland & Piedmont: Around Mountain View Cemetery
- Oakland Unified School District Announces 2021 Teachers Of The Year
- Colonial Pipeline Paid Darkside Hackers $5 Million In Ransom Money – Bad Idea
- Black Business Roundtable hosted by Oakland’s Own Doug Blacksher
- How The 49ers vs Raiders Preseason Games Restarted When The Silver And Black Returned To Oakland
- Rusty Hardin Says Tony Buzbee Deshaun Watson Settlement Not Happening Talk Is Ironic
- Mads Mikkelsen And Anders Jensen Blockbuster Interview With Zennie62Media’s Jessica Dwyer
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Seeks To Drown A’s Fans In Water At Coliseum
- Mads Mikkelsen Oscars: Mads Mikkelsen, Anders Jensen, Riders Of Justice Interview: Jessica Dwyer
- Oakland Schools: OUSD 2021 Classified School Employees Of The Year
- Biden Press Secretary Jen Psaki Statement On Restart of Colonial Pipeline And Continued Federal Government Efforts To Mitigate Impacts
- The Oakland A’s Never “Rooted In Oakland” – Las Vegas Mayor Says Relocation Talk 2 Years Old
- Oakland Athletics In Relocation Talks for 2 Years According To LV Review Journal – by Richard Haick
- City Of Oakland Eviction Moratorium Not Impacted By Federal Ruling