ONN – Oakland Community Kitchens Serving Now – By Lukas Oakland’s Maria Alderete
Oakland – Hello everyone! My name is Maria Alderete and my husband and I own Lukas in Oakland California. We’ve had Lukas now for 15 years, and we’ve been very blessed with being able to serve our community for over 15 years.
I’m here today to tell you a little bit about Community Kitchens. Even though many of the restaurants in Oakland are now boarded up, I want you all to know that the kitchens are still serving and still we’re still cooking in our kitchens. We are community kitchens: my husband and I started Community Kitchens about six weeks ago, seven weeks ago. And it was inspired by a Berkeley Free Clinic, who walked in our doors the day after shelter-in-place went into effect, and they said “We’re reaching out to the homeless community in Oakland. We’re offering them our medical services while our clinic is closed and the best way to keep people healthy would be to give them a meal.
And so we reached out to our communities and our partners and in less than a week we raised enough money to launch a program for a month. We’ve been blessed to participate in world central kitchens program, and now we have redistributed all the money that we raised to feed these meals to provide these meals to 24 other restaurants in Oakland.
These restaurants have served over 7,000 meals to our homeless communities both in East and West Oakland through some amazing community partners, including People’s Breakfast Oakland the East Oakland collective, The Village Berkeley Free Clinic and carries kids.
And I want you to know, even while our cities has some unrest, we are here to serve everyone in our community and we believe it, at community kitchens, that everyone has a place at the table.
So the best way to support our community right now is Sidonie we’re at CKOakland.org you could donate today next week. Well, maybe even this week, if I can pull it off.
We’re gonna be launching a program with restaurants in Chinatown that were really hit, and they’ve been hit from the very beginning, even before shelter-in-place was in effect. And this last weekend they are – it’s, it’s been awful. so we feel like it’s important that we step up and help these restaurants and you can help to just CKOakland.org – every ten meals, every ten dollars buys a meal for someone. And everyone deserves to eat, so help out please. Okay!
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Councilmember Nikki Fortunato Bas’ Heartfelt Newsletter To The Black Community
- Cryptocurrency Market Crash Based On Questionable U.S. Treasury Crackdown Rumor
- Redefine Quartet from McAlester, OK live at Oakland Full Gospel Holiness Church in Oakland, OK
- Upcoming Events at Allen Temple Baptist Church Oakland for the week of 4/18/21
- Shooting at the Gallery Art Bar in Oakland, Ca
- Oakland Police Possibly To Arrest Me For Protest – By Derrick Soo
- Oakland News Now at OaklandNewsNow.com Is The Most Advanced Active News Blog Website Ever In Oakland
- 2021 NFL Mock Draft V2 Livestream By Zennie62Media For April 17th
- Former Oakland Mayor Elihu Harris On ESPN 30-For-30 Raiders Al Davis vs. NFL – The Aftermath
- Elihu Harris Former Oakland Mayor On ESPN 30-For-30, “Al Davis Versus The NFL”
- Walk Down MacArthur Blvd To Grand Av In Oakland Adams Point Made Into Instagram Art
- Oakland Marriott City Center Has Striking Mural Of Young Black Girl At Play That’s Amazing
- Detroit Tigers vs Oakland Athletics Highlights April 16, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Peaceful Demonstration Over Deadly Police Shootings Turns Violent in Oakland
- Demonstration in Oakland to Protest Police Shootings Turns Violent
- Kevin Samuels And Kevin Durant Use White-Owned Social Media To Say Bad Things About Black Folks
- Oakland NAACP Response to District Curriculum Adoption Recommendation.
- COVID-19 Vaccine At Dodger Stadium – By Joseph Armendariz
- The Alley Cat Bar In Oakland At 3325 Grand Avenue To Reopen Thursday April 22 2021
- Erica Chapman Makeup Artist In Deshaun Watson Lawsuit Poses Prostitute Problem For Tony Buzbee