ONN – At Friday morning’s meeting of the Oakland Alameda County Coliseum Joint Powers Authority, one of the subjects up for discussion is not officially listed on the agenda: a naming rights deal for the facility.
On the afternoon Zennie62 on YouTube Livestream Talk, a fan wrote that the rumor was that Ring Central would be the name on the Coliseum. He claimed to have received the news from Casey Pratt of Channel 7 in San Francisco. However, when I went to Twitter to check out the information, I saw Pratt as the sole source, so (unlike how mainstream media does with me), I decided to follow up on his story.
I reached out to Coliseum JPA Executive Director Scott McKibben, who would not confirm or deny that Ring Central was the naming rights buyer, but did say to me that he was “discussing it with the board Friday.”
So, Friday, apparently in closed session, the naming rights deal will be discussed.
As to Ring Central’s activity in this area, the Belmont, Ca tech company was just named “Founding Partner” for the Golden State Warriors Chase Arena, November 15th of last year.
If the Coliseum deal is anything like the Warriors deal, it’s likely to be $1 million a year for 10 years. While that’s not any kind of improvement over what the Coliseum has landed in years past, it is a huge deal considering the coming loss of the Raiders and the Warriors, and the A’s.
Oakland News Now Note: this post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network – part of a new approach to the production of media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and social media pages. The objective is real-time on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. We are constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Renaming to White Supremacy Resolution
- The Sounds Of Oakland: Sideshow Season 2021 OPD Responds
- Amtrak Capital Corridor #527 train Southbound at The Oakland Coliseum Amtrak Station 4KHD
- More Oakland Unified Elementary Students Return to School
- The Sounds Of Oakland: The OPD Engagement Of The 2021 Protest Season
- 11370 Golf Links Road, Oakland, CA | Michael and Nicole Wilhelm, Compass
- Oakland Vigil & Protest for Daunte Wright & Adam Toledo 4/16/2021
- Berkeley Councilmember Ben Bartlett Says FAA Threatens City’s Skies
- President Biden, First Lady, Vice President Harris Statements On Walter Mondale’s Passing
- Oakland A’s Road Warrior Ways Produce 8-Game Win Streak, 9-7 Record
- City of Oakland, Partners, Welcome New Brooklyn Basin Affordable Housing Units Residents
- VP Kamala Harris On Diplomacy With Mexico Northern Triangle Countries During Press Gaggle
- Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings | Official Teaser
- Oakland Schools News: OEA & OUSD Reach Tentative Agreement On 21-22 School Year Calendar
- Rusty Hardin, Deshaun Watson Lawyer, Asserts Client’s Innocence In Statement After Filing Response
- WhereDoWeGoOakland Is An Oakland Success By Derrick Soo
- Texans QB Deshaun Watson Answer To 22 Tony Buzbee Lawsuits Details Lies, Money Grab
- First Flight of the Ingenuity Mars Helicopter: Live from Mission Control
- LIVE: Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team — 4/19/21
- WHITE HOUSE LIVE CAM – Washington D.C. | USA | earthTV®