ONN – Oakland Coliseum JPA’s Henry Gardner: Oakland Raiders Won’t Finish Las Vegas Allegiant Stadium On Time
At the Friday January 17th 2020 meeting of the Oakland-Alameda County Joint Powers Authority, Oakland Coliseum Joint Powers Authority Executive Director Henry Gardner, who was hired to take over for Scott McKibben, who in-turn resigned due to allegations of conflict of interest in the RingCentral Naming Rights Deal (that this Zennie62Media blogger says did not happen), took a question from Alameda County Supervisor Scott Haggerty, regarding the Oakland Raiders (which have to be called that rather than “Las Vegas Raiders” because the NFL team is not officially gone).
Supervisor Haggerty asked two questions: 1) have there been discussions with the Oakland Raiders regarding the possibility of the team activating the lease extension option for NFL Season 2020?, and 2) does he believe the Raiders will overcome the cable-net roof problem and the delays it has caused (in a story broke here on the platforms of Zennie62Media and most notably Oakland News Now), and open on time? Henry’s answers were “No, and no.” And that was that – save for a brief look over at the smartphone camera of Zennie62Media Vlogger Richard Haick.
It was also so very Henry Gardner (who was Oakland City Manager when I was economic development intern to the City of Oakland out of city planning grad school at U.C. Berkeley from 1987 to 1989): brief and short, yet so full of behind the scenes and deeper meaning. Henry Gardner is widely regarded as the best public official in the history of the City of Oakland, and for several reasons, including the one I’m about to share. He’s from the old school of public administration, and would bend the truth to maintain confidences and knows how to keep elected officials in line, as he did at that meeting.
So, Henry’s answers mean this: The first response Gardner gave is that he’s not had discussions with the Raiders executives, now that does not mean he’s not exchanged emails or text messages with Raiders brass. So, the response leaves a lot of wiggle room. It’s certainly one I would have used. The second answer is one you have to think about because the question is what is Gardner saying “no” to? He’s saying no to the question “Does he believe the Raiders will overcome the cable-net roof problem and the delays it caused, and open on time?” His answer was “no” – and Gardner left no room for doubt there.
But by his answer, it would be logical for Henry to have had some communication with the Raiders that, to a degree led him to that conclusion. But, also, Gardner is very familiar with publicly-financed projects, and can spotlight where a problem is, and if its going to be resolved in a timely fashion. This Raiders Las Vegas Allegiant Stadium is one of those projects.
I must also add that, save for a few non-Oakland-based Raiders fans, the general consensus in the sports facilities industry seems to be that Las Vegas Allegiant Stadium’s not going to be ready to host a full NFL 2020 Season.
Raiders Would Owe $10.5 Million To Oakland Coliseum JPA And For Full NFL 2020 Season
If, indeed, the Raiders elected to stay and play in Oakland at the Coliseum for NFL Season 2020, the organization would activate the lease extension it signed last year, and have to play at the historic sports palace for the entire football season. The Oakland Coliseum JPA is not entertaining a split season plan, because it has to scramble to fill the suddenly empty dates – so I am told.
Raiders’ Las Vegas Allegiant Stadium Roof Problems First Reported At Oakland News Now In June 2019
Zennie62Media has covered this topic like a blanket, and (working with a local Las Vegas blogger named Richard Lightlower) were the first to report the roof problems back in June of last year, while the Las Vegas Review Journal tried to discredit us. Now, I’m wondering if the bad bolts problem that was originally tied to the roof truss problem is also to blame for the cable-net structure’s dysfunction? To date, those problems have been treated as separate, and not related – now it seems they may related. The question is, how?
We will take this up more on Zennie62 on YouTube Live, Sunday.
las vegas raiders stadium cam, las vegas raiders stadium progress, las vegas raiders logo, las vegas raiders schedule, las vegas raiders stadium live cam, allegiant stadium las vegas, las vegas raiders season tickets, las vegas raiders stadium construction cam
Note from Oakland News Now Technical: this video-blog post shows the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. The main system is a major part of Zennie62Media’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. There, an uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-owned social media pages. This part allows rapid conversion of YouTube videos from any source channel (with permission and from Zennie62 on YouTube) to Oakland News Now blog posts. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Resurrection Oakland Church | April 18, 2021. 10am
- 2021 NFL Mock Draft V3 Livestream By Zennie62Media For April 18th
- Katy Perry Backs That Ass Up To Shocked Luke Bryan On American Idol
- The Clifton Street Regulars Jazz Band Playing Today, Sunday, Oakland Rockridge
- Oakland Councilmember Nikki Fortunato Bas’ Heartfelt Newsletter To The Black Community
- Cryptocurrency Market Crash Based On Questionable U.S. Treasury Crackdown Rumor
- Redefine Quartet from McAlester, OK live at Oakland Full Gospel Holiness Church in Oakland, OK
- Upcoming Events at Allen Temple Baptist Church Oakland for the week of 4/18/21
- Shooting at the Gallery Art Bar in Oakland, Ca
- Oakland Police Possibly To Arrest Me For Protest – By Derrick Soo
- Oakland News Now at OaklandNewsNow.com Is The Most Advanced Active News Blog Website Ever In Oakland
- 2021 NFL Mock Draft V2 Livestream By Zennie62Media For April 17th
- Former Oakland Mayor Elihu Harris On ESPN 30-For-30 Raiders Al Davis vs. NFL – The Aftermath
- Elihu Harris Former Oakland Mayor On ESPN 30-For-30, “Al Davis Versus The NFL”
- Walk Down MacArthur Blvd To Grand Av In Oakland Adams Point Made Into Instagram Art
- Oakland Marriott City Center Has Striking Mural Of Young Black Girl At Play That’s Amazing
- Detroit Tigers vs Oakland Athletics Highlights April 16, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Peaceful Demonstration Over Deadly Police Shootings Turns Violent in Oakland
- Demonstration in Oakland to Protest Police Shootings Turns Violent
- Kevin Samuels And Kevin Durant Use White-Owned Social Media To Say Bad Things About Black Folks