ONN – Oakland Coliseum JPA To Reform RingCentral Naming Rights Deal At January 2020 Meeting
Oakland (from a distance) – The RingCentral Naming Rights Deal deal struck by now-former Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Joint Powers Authority (Coliseum JPA) Executive Director Scott McKibben is being restructured and reformed as this is written. The final deal will be presented to the Coliseum JPA Board of Directors at its January 17th, 2020 meeting (this Friday).
The original RingCentral Naming Rights Deal was done by Scott McKibben with the approval of the Coliseum JPA Board of Directors. However, the same Coliseum JPA Board of Directors said it did not know about McKibben’s request for a $50,000 payment (on a total $4 million deal); McKibben has said he did not know such a request was a violation of what’s called Section 1090 of the California Government Code – a code that prohibits conflict of interest actions.
In Scott’s defense, the fact that the Coliseum JPA Board of Directors approved of Scott as the person doing the deal, rather than a marketing company, automatically placed him in a conflict of interest position without him knowing it. Because of this, McKibben’s defense has been, to a large degree “entrapment by estoppel“.
The definition of “entrapment by estoppel” is “affirmative defense known as entrapment by estoppel. Such a defense is available when a government official has actively misled a defendant into a reasonable belief that his or her charged conduct is legal.” In Scott McKibben’s case, the Coliseum JPA Board officially approved Scott McKibben to land the RingCentral Deal, and did so in way that effectively matched Scott’s true title: consultant. For his part, McKibben had no idea that his actions at any point were not legal – that’s what he told me months ago.
Note from Oakland News Now Technical: this video-blog post shows the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- PHOENIX SUNS TO THE NBA WESTERN CONFRENCE FINALS
- Eric Pangilinan Vlogger Zennie62
- Introducing Eric Pangilinan As New Zennie62 Vlogger
- Eric Pangilinanvlogger Zennie62
- Errol Barnett, Once A CNN Reporter In 2008, Now CBS Weekend Anchor In 2021
- Visit to Oakland Zoo
- Upcoming Events at Allen Temple Baptist Church Oakland for the week of 6/13/21
- Home For Sale 6416 Heather Ridge Way Oakland, CA 94611
- Home For Sale 532 30th St 10 Oakland, CA 94609
- Match Highlights: Oakland Roots SC vs. Orange County SC
- 2021 Honda Pilot EX-L 2WD Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 4
- Is That Too Short, Famed Oakland Rapper, Doing The Hustle At District Bar In Old Oakland?
- Falcon And The Winter Soldier Is Better Than Loki Because Its Rooted In American Culture
- Downsizing Oakland Howard Terminal Ballpark Without Knowing About It Is Brainless
- Philippines Independence Day Saturday June 12th 2021: Eric Pangilinan Philippines Reaction
- French President Macron Says America Is Back During G7 Summit At Carbis Bay
- Oakland A’s Kaval, City Council’s Gallo, Alameda County’s Miley Muddle Howard Terminal Ballpark On KGO-TV
- 🔴OMG Vegas LIVE… You Won’t Believe it. Vegas is NORMAL AGAIN!!🚨
- 12-Year-Old Shot Confronting Catalytic Converter Thieves Outside Oakland Home
- Howard Terminal Ballpark: A Gift To Oakland And Its People – By Kevin M. Corbett