The planned meeting to review the Oakland Coliseum JPA / Oakland Raiders Proposed Lease Extention was cancelled due to a lack of a quorum. As I understand it from one Coliseum JPA board member who did not wish to be quoted, the persons who could not attend the meeting represented Oakland’s side: Councilmember Larry Reid (District Seven) and Councilmember Lynette Gibson McElhaney (District 3).
In the video-blog above, I speculated that the reason for the no-show of the Oakland elected officials may be due to a possible decision to file a lawsuit. But the City of Oakland’s Rules Committee was also cancelled the day before, so it may be for other reasons than anything concerning the Raiders.
Regardless of the details for the moment, the fact remains the Oakland Raiders are still without a home for 2019 and as of now, 2018 is still will be the last season the Silver and Black at the Coliseum.
The Coliseum Board member I spoke with said that the June 30th deadline was given to the Raiders to contact the JPA. They did and started negotiations well before that point in time, now. So, talks are not off, but the date to review the lease proposal has now been pushed back to July.
The lease extension is written, The Raiders prefer it as is, but there’s no idea how the board will respond to it, because of the cancelled meeting. If it was approved, the Raiders would have a rent payment of $4 million for 2019, which would double to $8 million if the 2020 option were activated by the Raiders request. (Which would mean the Las Vegas Stadium was not ready for the 2020 NFL Season.)
Moreover, the Raiders would donate to designated non-profit organizations, though I don’t know which ones or how the list was arrived at.
The question remains: will the City of Oakland file a lawsuit against the Oakland Raiders between now and the time of the July Coliseum JPA Meeting?
That remains to be seen.
Stay tuned for updates. And be sure to subscribe to Zennie62 at YouTube.com.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Warriors Steph Curry Highlights: Uses His Head In An Unusual Way To Score On Grizzlies Kyle Anderson
- Warriors Steph Curry Uses His Head In An Unusual Way To Score On Grizzlies Kyle Anderson
- Naismith SCHOOLS Cooperstown With Its 2021 Basketball Hall Of Fame Class, By: Vinny Lospinudo
- Oakland Youth Beat To Host Creating in Place Virtual Screening Party, Fundraiser
- Ricky Schroder Video Of Himself Harassing Costco Employee Over Face Mask Rule Goes Viral
- Resurrection Oakland Church Service For May 16, 2021 10 AM
- The Next Steph Curry Is Practicing Jump Shots From Downtown Right Now
- Community Holds ‘Unity Against Hate’ Rally in Oakland
- Giant Palestine Israel Protest In San Francisco Mission District
- Oakland Councilmember Dan Kalb Asks For City And Oakland Athletics To Keep Ballpark Talks Quiet
- Rombauer Upsets Medina Sprit Comes From Behind To Win The Preakness Stakes – Race Real Time Reaction
- SF Bay Area White “Journalists” Can’t Stand Black Oakland Blogger With His Own Opinion
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Pushes Coliseum Ballpark With Flooding Future
- Let’s Meet. For Real. Meet In Oakland (full video)
- Base Camp 2021 Kick Off Hype Video
- 2021 Honda CR-V EX 2WD Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 4553
- Oakland Police Investigate After Elderly Man Attacked
- POOLE PARTY! Jordan Splashes Home 38 Points in Warriors’ Win | May 14, 2021
- Warriors Talk: Jordan Poole on his 38-Point Night vs. Pelicans – May 14, 2021
- Taj Tashombe, Oakland A’s VP Of Gov Affairs Is NAACP 2021 Black Male Achievement Award Winner