The planned meeting to review the Oakland Coliseum JPA / Oakland Raiders Proposed Lease Extention was cancelled due to a lack of a quorum. As I understand it from one Coliseum JPA board member who did not wish to be quoted, the persons who could not attend the meeting represented Oakland’s side: Councilmember Larry Reid (District Seven) and Councilmember Lynette Gibson McElhaney (District 3).
In the video-blog above, I speculated that the reason for the no-show of the Oakland elected officials may be due to a possible decision to file a lawsuit. But the City of Oakland’s Rules Committee was also cancelled the day before, so it may be for other reasons than anything concerning the Raiders.
Regardless of the details for the moment, the fact remains the Oakland Raiders are still without a home for 2019 and as of now, 2018 is still will be the last season the Silver and Black at the Coliseum.
The Coliseum Board member I spoke with said that the June 30th deadline was given to the Raiders to contact the JPA. They did and started negotiations well before that point in time, now. So, talks are not off, but the date to review the lease proposal has now been pushed back to July.
The lease extension is written, The Raiders prefer it as is, but there’s no idea how the board will respond to it, because of the cancelled meeting. If it was approved, the Raiders would have a rent payment of $4 million for 2019, which would double to $8 million if the 2020 option were activated by the Raiders request. (Which would mean the Las Vegas Stadium was not ready for the 2020 NFL Season.)
Moreover, the Raiders would donate to designated non-profit organizations, though I don’t know which ones or how the list was arrived at.
The question remains: will the City of Oakland file a lawsuit against the Oakland Raiders between now and the time of the July Coliseum JPA Meeting?
That remains to be seen.
Stay tuned for updates. And be sure to subscribe to Zennie62 at YouTube.com.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- National Small Business Week: Tarik Brooks of Combs Enterprises September 16, 2021
- SBA National Small Business Week: Mayors Supporting Latino-Owned Small Businesses September 16, 2021
- Gabby Petito And Brian Laundrie Last Video – VAN LIFE | Beginning Our Van Life Journey September 16, 2021
- Dr. Sian Proctor First Black Woman to Pilot A Space Mission – SpaceX Flight With All-Amateur Crew September 16, 2021
- SpaceX launch lights up night sky in Florida & Colorado September 16, 2021
- SpaceX Makes History Launching All-Civilian Crew Into Orbit September 16, 2021
- Chris Peeples AC Transit Board Member Oakland Gives Update At Awaken Cafe, Downtown Apr 5, 2016 September 16, 2021
- Cafe 817 Hosts Susan Mernitt,’s Oakland Bloggers Meetup 20th Anniversary Event Tuesday June 26 2013 September 16, 2021
- Modern Coffee Video From Tribune Tower Location In Oakland, 2017 September 16, 2021
- Best Cafes in Downtown Oakland for Digital Nomads By Nnenna Umelloh on YouTube September 16, 2021
- Gallegos Mexican Restaurant West Side Berkeley In YouTube Shorts Vlog September 16, 2021
- Oakland Police New “OPD Is Hiring” Video Latest Effort To Draw New Cops September 16, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Has Derek Carr Become Edgier This Year ? By Joseph Armendariz September 16, 2021
- Derek Carr, Hunter Renfrow, and Maxx Crosby Presser – 9.15.21 | Las Vegas Raiders September 16, 2021
- Sean Payton, New Orleans Saints Players Did It For Louisiana September 16, 2021
- Boxing Dana White Says Exhibition Boxing Matches Are A Waste Of Time By Eric Pangilinan September 15, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders File A Complaint To The NFL For Dirty Hits On Hunter Renfrow By Eric Pangilinan September 15, 2021
- Inspiration4 | Launch September 15, 2021
- North Port PD provides update on Gabby Petito case September 15, 2021
- Missing YouTuber Gabby Petito Case: Cops Say Her Fiancé Is a Person Of Interest | News 4 Now September 15, 2021
- Gabby Petito’s boyfriend named a ‘person of interest’ September 15, 2021
- Jameis Winston on Value of Sean Payton Film Sessions 9/15/21 September 15, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Bring Back Guard Jordan Simmons By Eric Pangilinan September 15, 2021
- Day after election victory, Newsom visits Oakland to discuss COVID-19 in schools September 15, 2021
- Oakland Gang Wars – Message To The Youth “ They Don’t Know The Consequences Of What They Doing ‼️ September 15, 2021