OAKLAND, CA – Today, Tuesday, November 12th in the Community and Economic Development Committee (CED) the hearing called for by Oakland Council President Kaplan on impact fees will be heard as an informational report in Hearing Room 1 at Oakland City Hall beginning at 1:30PM. (Link to Agenda)
The number of homeless individuals in Alameda County has increased 43% in the last two years. This is in large part driven by our housing crisis. The main solution to homelessness is to provide affordable housing.
In 2016, our Oakland City Council took a step to address the lack of affordable housing by implementing an “impact” fee for new market rate development to pay its fair share toward funding the City of Oakland’s affordable housing needs. The impact fee money was to be one tool to combat displacement but to date the funding is not being mobilized – and possibly not being properly accounted – in a timely way to provide affordable housing.
Kaplan has submitted a supplemental report after asking local developers to voluntarily disclose their projects and impact fees paid. This supplemental report represents a fraction of the projects that should have paid impact fees to the City yet represents potentially significant additional funds beyond those previously identified. Councilmember Kaplan believes there are significant amounts of impact fee revenues that should be made available for affordable housing development which have not yet been accounted for, though Council President Kaplan has been asking for an accounting of these fees since the budget process in early May.
LET ZENNIE62MEDIA TELL YOUR STORY
Let ZENNIE62MEDIA Tell The Story About You The Media Refuses To Produce. Visit our site and hire Zennie62Media.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Biden Press Secretary Jen Psaki Statement On Restart of Colonial Pipeline And Continued Federal Government Efforts To Mitigate Impacts
- The Oakland A’s Never “Rooted In Oakland” – Las Vegas Mayor Says Relocation Talk 2 Years Old
- Oakland Athletics In RelocationTalks for 2 Years According To LV Review Journal – by Richard Haick
- City Of Oakland Eviction Moratorium Not Impacted By Federal Ruling
- RaceTrac Fayetteville Ga Gas Pumps Out Of Gas Except Diesel Due To Cyberattack
- 2021 NFL Schedule Revealed On NFL Network’s Schedule Release 21 Show
- NFL Gives Nine Social Justice Programs $2.5 Million
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back With Bike Oakland: Bancroft And International
- Rockets Kill 2 Israelis, Airstrikes Kill 28 In Gaza | MSNBC
- Crocker Highlands Mid-Century, Oakland, CA, 94610
- Violent Israeli-Palestinian Unrest Kills At Least 33 | The 11th Hour
- MLB tells Oakland A’s to start exploring other cities
- Team Coverage: Major League Baseball Greenlights Oakland A’s To Consider Relocating
- Talk’s Las Vegas Athletics For Oakland A’s Relocation But Portland Has 50K Signatures For MLB Ballpark
- Rep Liz Chaney Speech On House Floor On Eve Of Vote To Oust Her From House GOP Leadership
- Las Vegas Raiders New Number Changers For 2021 Season. By Joseph Armendariz
- May 11, 2021
- Livestream: Blame To Go Around In Oakland A’s Relocation Threat? Start With Oakland Athletics
- MLB Ask Oakland Athletics To Threaten Relocation – Oakland City Council’s Progressive Wing Steps In
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News