Oakland, CA – Monday morning, March 18th, at Williams Chapel Baptist Church the interfaith effort to create safe spaces for our homeless, unsheltered residents to park and feel safe overnight was launched. This action is one of the steps outlined in legislation authored by Oakland City Council President Rebecca Kaplan. (Link to Legislation)
Said President Kaplan: “I want to thank the Interfaith Council of Alameda County for their leadership in engaging in helping to remedy Oakland’s homelessness crisis. Williams Chapel Baptist Church is one of four safe car parks that have been established for our unhoused residents to have a place to park overnight without fear of being towed or disturbed. I appreciate the collaboration with our faith-based congregations to help provide more humane strategies to help the homeless, and I look forward to the success of this program and continuing to expand additional efforts.”
President Kaplan authored the Resolution last year to encourage and support the development of expanded housing options, by ensuring that Oakland’s laws are being effectively utilized to create meaningful solutions and serve the City’s most vulnerable populations. The Resolution requests the City supports private organizations, including our faith-based communities, seeking to provide temporary shelter and sanitation services on their properties, identify funding sources and public land for these efforts, and ease requirements so more housing alternatives can be provided.
These first four churches opening their secured lots represents and important step forward in part of the items approved in this legislation. President Kaplan thanks everyone that worked so hard for this day to arrive and looks forward to more organizations opening their lots as well as additional steps for tiny homes, RVs, and expanded housing, to provide more humane solutions.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am
- Sharing The Beauty Of Lake Merritt, Oakland, California – Mothers Day 2021
- Mothers Day Drum Circle – Lake Merritt, Oakland, California, 2021
- Bike Oakland & Alameda: Alameda, Bay Farm, and 66th Ave
- Port of Oakland Trade Boom: Wan Hai Lines Connects U.S. And Asia In 2021
- Oakland City Budget Forgets Cybersecurity As USA’s Largest Pipeline Gets Ransomwared
- Oakland City Council President Nikki Fortunato Bas On Mayor Schaaf’s Budget
- Oakland Adams Point Apartment Target Of Would Be Robber Caught-On-Camera Mother’s Day Evening
- Elon Musk Wario – Wario Is Elon Musk On SNL And Vinny Lospinuso Shares His Vlog Thoughts
- Star Trek’s Lt. Uhura Nichelle Nichols On Meeting President Obama
- Happy Mother’s Day, Today, Everyone! Enjoy Your Mom!
- Grand Lake Theater Marquee In Oakland Says Wait Almost Over, Reopens Late May 2021
- Fata Fut News: Today Top Trending News | 11 AM | 9 May 2021 – TV9
- New Trending Instagram Reels Videos | All Famous TikTok Star | Today Viral Insta Reels | Insta Reels
- Mount Zion Oakland Mother’s Day Church Service 2021
- Home For Sale At 9124 Lawlor St Oakland, CA
- Medina Sprit Had Steroids, May Lose Kentucky Derby Win, Trainer Bob Baffert Banned
- Jarrett Stidham Vs Mac Jones For Backup To Cam Newton In Auburn Vs Alabama Clash Of Patriots QBs