I saw this over at Instagram, and since there’s no repost for WordPress (yet), I made my own. It reads as the title above does: “Oakland Can Support Black Lives Matter And Attack Anti-Asian Racism At The Same Time”.
It’s an answer to the sudden attacks on elderly Asian Americans in Oakland, and a behind-the-scenes talk about how many African Americans in Oakland are also the victims of violent crime, and not just the suspects, as the current white supremacist-oriented media portrays. Painful fact: crime is up all over Oakland, and not just in Chinatown. That said, we have to protect the elderly. That should be our first priority.
By the way, the person responsible for the Chinatown violence was caught. Oakland Police sent this statement to the public:
OPD thanks our community for providing info that led to a person of interest in this case.
Investigators determined this person has been in custody since Feb 1 on unrelated case. Investigators are working hard to forward this case to the DA’s office for review and charging.
But that’s not quelling the new controversy that came out of Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf’s unfortunate statements during an anti-crime event in Chinatown.
Now, both the Oakland City Council President Nikki Fortunado Bas and new Oakland District Three Councilmember Caroll Fife have banded together and put out a video expressing their dismay with the Mayor.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Grand Lake Theater Staff Fundraiser Still Short Of $35K Goal At $30,283 As Of April 13 2021
- 2/24/21 OUSD School Board Meeting – Resolution for Reparations for Black Students
- Press Conference 4/12/ 21
- Oakland City Council Unanimously Votes To Use $10 Million To Restore Vital Community Services
- Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce Good On Greens, Fish, Shrimp, And Pasta. Mark Zuckerberg, Thanks!
- Patriots WR Julian Edelman Retires After 11 Years. HOF Next? By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Rapper RIFF RAFF Partnering With NFT Platform Sweet For NFT Collection For Turquoise Tornado Album
- Julian Edelman Failed Physical – Is This The End For Patriots Great Wide Receiver?
- Analyzing NEW Bucs 7-Round Mock Draft
- Zennie62Media Helps OUSD And Oakland REACH, Which Ignores Its Oakland News Now For Lesser NY Times
- Daunte Wright Shooting Was Accidental Says Brooklyn Center MN Police Chief, Gun Pulled Not Taser
- 2021 NFL Mock Draft [FULL 1st Round] | CBS Sports HQ
- President Biden White House Issues American Jobs Plan State By State Report
- Drone Aerial Footage Of Downtown Oakland, City Center, Using The DJI MINI
- Giant Community Band Plays At Oakland Lake Merritt On Sunday
- Will Someone Tell Andy Ngo A Black Guy Protesting Does Not Mean He’s From Black Lives Matter
- Brooklyn Center MN Police Killing Black 20-Yr Old Daunte Wright Over Air-Freshener Leads To Protests
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3 Has Tango Shalom Star Lainie Kazan Starring With Nia Vardalos
- Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf, Then Councilmember, At Oakland Global Intermodal Groundbreaking In 2013
- Storytime With Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf At Oakland Public Library On YouTube