ONN – Alex Epstein, the author of “The Moral Case For Fossil Fuels”, was a guest at Zennie62 on YouTube Live. Epstein talked about the Oakland Coal Issue, and the Oakland Bulk & Oversized Terminal (OBOT) planned for West Oakland, as part of the Oakland Global development.
Epstein, who served as a consultant to Insight Terminal Solutions on the Oakland Bulk & Oversized Terminal project a few years ago, said that there was no correlation between coal transport as to be done via the OBOT and incidents of asthma.
“We really don’t know the relationship between emissions and asthma,” he said. Epstein also pointed to fewer trucks on the road in Oakland because of the rail-to-ship terminal design of the Oakland Bulk & Oversized Terminal .
Indeed, the main problem in the conversation about the Oakland Bulk & Oversized Terminal , is the use of data from coal-fired plants in talking about something, the OBOT, that is not a coal-fired plant, or any kind of plant: its a minerals transportation terminal. Moreover, OBOT will employ covered rail cars, not exposed-to-the-air cars.
No one talks about the pollution caused by the large trucks that run through West Oakland. Studies show a true direct connection between truck traffic and asthma.
One 2009 study by The National Institutes Of Heath and called “Air pollution and childhood asthma: recent advances and future directions”, written by Molini M. Patel and Rachel L. Miller, reported that “It is now understood that traffic emissions, especially from diesel trucks and buses, contribute a large proportion to air pollution levels in urban areas. Consequently, current research attention has shifted toward improving exposure assessment and characterizing adverse health effects associated with specific sources and components of airborne traffic-related pollutants.”
The OBOT, as conceived by Oakland’s Phil Tagami, the original developer, is designed to dramatically reduce truck traffic, thus bringing better air conditions to West Oakland.
As a closing note, the developers of the Oakland Bulk & Oversized Terminal believed they were not getting a place where they could tell their story in the mainstream media in the SF Bay Area, so they brought their case to Zennie62Media.
Oakland News Now Note: this post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network – part of a new approach to the production of media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and social media pages. The objective is real-time on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. We are constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Episode 2: The Captain’s Code with Blaine Scully in Conversation with Jack Clark October 17, 2021
- Paralyzed Cal Rugby Star Walks Across Stage to Receive College Diploma October 17, 2021
- Lincoln Anniversary Concept 2021 October 17, 2021
- Lincoln Anniversary Concept – A concept car that shows how Lincoln vehicles will look in 2040 October 17, 2021
- 2022 Lincoln Zephyr Reflection – Interior and Exterior Walkaround – 2021 Shanghai motor show October 17, 2021
- Driving Downtown San Francisco | California USA [4K 60 UHD] October 17, 2021
- Former Homeless Man: San Francisco’s Approach to Homelessness Will Lead to More Homeless | Tom Wolf October 17, 2021
- Self-driving Waymo cars pile up on dead-end San Francisco street October 17, 2021
- San Francisco, Marin Counties Lift Indoor Mask Mandates in Some Settings October 17, 2021
- San Francisco threatens to fire unvaccinated city workers October 17, 2021
- NFL John Gruden Emails Football Press Conference Cold Open – SNL October 17, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Should Go After Eric Bieniemy For Head Coach By Eric Pangilinan October 17, 2021
- Daniel Craig Cameo On SNL With Rami Malek As Host – No Time To Die Stars On Saturday Night Live October 17, 2021
- Film Study: Raiders Offensive Line looks Much Improved vs Bears October 17, 2021
- Braves vs Dodgers Series Preview: #MLB #Baseball #ForTheA #Dodgers #RepeatLA #MLBPlayoffs October 16, 2021
- Stolen Vehicle Pursuit Ends With Bus Crash Into Oakland Home October 16, 2021
- James Bond No Time To Die At Cinemark 17 Fayetteville GA – Our Review Of Daniel Craig’s Classic October 16, 2021
- Best of Jordan Poole’s 2021-22 Preseason! October 16, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Marcus Mariota Activated To The Active Roster By Eric Pangilinan October 16, 2021
- Boxing Who Will Tyson Fury Fight Next? Anthony Joshua ? By Eric Pangilinan October 16, 2021
- AYS! CHAMP DEWAYNE BEAMON! NFL SURPRISES! RAIDERS PREVIEW! FREE PICKS! MLB PLAYOFFS! JOHN GRUDEN!! October 16, 2021
- Raiders Prepare for First Game Without Gruden | Vegas Nation Gameday October 16, 2021
- Paul Salata NFL Mr Irrelevant Week Founder And Great Friend Passed Away October 16, 2021
- On NFL Emails Jeff Pash, Bruce Allen Vlog By Joseph Armendariz – Setting The Record Straight, Gruden October 16, 2021
- Should The Raiders Hire Eric Bieniemy & Mike Kafka In 2022? Mike Mayock Will Also Get Fired? Q&A October 16, 2021
- Dodgers NLCS vs the Braves: Bubble Rematch for the Pennant | MLB Postseason 2021 October 16, 2021
- Red Sox vs. Astros ALCS Game 1 Highlights (10/15/21) | MLB Highlights October 16, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Would Mark Davis Promote Gus Bradley To Head Coach ? By Eric Pangilinan October 16, 2021
- Imagine the Gateway at UC Berkeley October 16, 2021
- Xanadu, Primus, A Tribute to Kings, Berkeley, CA., October 15, 2021 October 16, 2021