ONN – Oakland A’s Stadium 365 Ballpark Estuary Park Project – D’Sjon Dixon, Rick Tripp From 2015
Zennie62 talked with D’Sjon Dixon, the creator and architect of the exciting Stadium 365 Estuary Park Oakland As Stadium Proposal and his developer Rick Tripp in what is the first video interview and the longest one so far.
It’s also the first Zennie62 YouTube video that is a recorded three way conversation, thanks to Skype: D’Sjon Dixon is at his office in San Francisco; Rick Tripp is in Sacramento, and Zennie Abraham is in Suburban Atlanta Georgia.
D’Sjon Dixon is an architect with SGPA Architecture and Planning. His idea and drawings for a baseball stadium for the A’s has been in existence since 2013, but it took on steam when Dixon met and formed a friendship with real estate developer Rick Tripp, the Owner, Tripp Development. Dixon’s stadium website is at Stadium365.com.
Dixon’s idea is for a $600 million, 36,000-seat privately financed stadium at Estuary Park in Oakland, and at the same place controlled by the Brooklyn Basin Developers. Dixon says that he got a blessing of sorts from Signature Development President Mike Ghielmetti. There’s a rub here, as Brooklyn Basin has broke ground, but Dixon says he has it worked out.
Rick Tripp’s name is not new in this issue: he made a proposal for a privately financed stadium for the A’s at Coliseum City. But it came with a novel financing approach that Tripp says is based on real estate brokerage fees, and was in part presented in blog posts over at NewBallPark.org. Tripp also used this plan in a presentation for stadiums in Sacramento and in San Diego for the Chargers. I’ll hold off on a critique here, as we’re going to talk on video again.
But back to Tripp, he is in the real estate business with his wife Leslie Dougherty, a realtor with Fusion Real Estate Network. Prior to that, both were involved with Cachet Realty Group Inc. in Nevada. I would not say Mr. Tripp is the finance guy, but more the classic real estate developer who sells the idea of a project to bankers. He’s got to have a credible plan by a credentialed architect who can make something that can be built before he can attract more money- that person is Dixon.
What is good is that this is a team up of two creatives who needed each other: D’Sjon Dixon’s plan is excellent, but cried for a development partner; Tripp’s plan was strong on financing (to a degree) but needed a good architect. As I told both, the purpose here is not to tear down D’Sjon Dixon’s work, but to make it better as that benefits all of us.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Former Oakland Mayor Elihu Harris On ESPN 30-For-30 Raiders Al Davis vs. NFL – The Aftermath
- Elihu Harris Former Oakland Mayor On ESPN 30-For-30, “Al Davis Versus The NFL”
- Walk Down MacArthur Blvd To Grand Av In Oakland Adams Point Made Into Instagram Art
- Oakland Marriott City Center Has Striking Mural Of Young Black Girl At Play That’s Amazing
- Detroit Tigers vs Oakland Athletics Highlights April 16, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Peaceful Demonstration Over Deadly Police Shootings Turns Violent in Oakland
- Demonstration in Oakland to Protest Police Shootings Turns Violent
- Kevin Samuels And Kevin Durant Use White-Owned Social Media To Say Bad Things About Black Folks
- Oakland NAACP Response to District Curriculum Adoption Recommendation.
- COVID-19 Vaccine At Dodger Stadium – By Joseph Armendariz
- The Alley Cat Bar In Oakland At 3325 Grand Avenue To Reopen Thursday April 22 2021
- Erica Chapman Makeup Artist In Deshaun Watson Lawsuit Poses Prostitute Problem For Tony Buzbee
- Marshawn Lynch: Sitting Down With Dr. Anthony Fauci
- OUSD Oakland Girls To Be In Soroptimist International’s “Steps to Success” On Saturday
- Derrick Soo Says WhereDoWeGoOakland.tv, A Remarkable Oakland Housing Effort, Is Active
- Sam Wilson Becomes Captain America In The Epic Falcon And The Winter Soldier Episode 5
- President Joe Biden Statement On The Mass Shooting In Indianapolis, Indiana
- TUTORIAL: Register for Oakland’s Online Permit Portal!
- OSA IM Piano Recital-A Trip to Europe: Baroque to Contemporary
- City Of Oakland Says Check Your Permit Status