ONN – Oakland A’s Privately Financed Howard Terminal Ballpark $1 Billion In TIF Revenue Known Since 2010 – vlog by Zennie62 YouTube
Oakland A’s Privately Financed Howard Terminal Ballpark $1 Billion In TIF Revenue Known Since 2010
The news that a tax increment financing district around the Oakland A’s Ballpark would yield $1 billion in tax increment is not new and has been around since 2010 and the Gruen and Gruen Study.
The difference is that now, the California Legislature and California Governor Gavin Newsom signed a new redevelopment provision into law specifically for Howard Terminal Ballpark.
The Mayor of Oakland and The Oakland City Council are not handling this correctly. At a time when Oakland needs money, the elected officials should be making wish lists for expenditures of funds for housing and infrastructure and community needs in their areas. The law allows that.
Instead they act like they don’t understand the project. The tax increment revenue is public money that is caused by the A’s private ownership of the stadium which means they pay property taxes. The TIF formula of revenue collection drives that to $1 billion because of the value of the new stadium which will be $2 billion.
That is money so large that the Mayor and the City of Oakland City Council should have plans not just for enviromental spending for Howard Terminal, which is about $180 million, but for affordable housing in each council district and healthcare and homeless costs that Alameda County are facing. Indeed, the Howard Terminal Redevelopment Law calls for the City to have a managerial system to determine the use of TIF money from the A’s Project around Oakland.
We also need a plan for negotiating with taxing agencies like BART, AC Transit, Alameda County Flood Control and EBMUD.
The Mayor was wrong to call out the Oakland A’s and must get to work. The public money is generated by the A’s and for the city. That is a calculated and legislative fact.
Note from Zennie62Media’s Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now Today Blog SF Bay Area: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Accused Of Fraud By Local Atlanta TV Station WSB-TV
- dat Krunchy Couple: Trader Joe’s Snack Haul
- Oakland City Council Leaders Email To Rob Manfred MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Relocation
- This Pastrami is Oakland’s Best Kept Secret | Word of Mouth
- 1100 Himself on The Meaning Behind The Word “Hyphy” + Explains Oakland Slang. PT.2
- Rose Haze | Oakland Band | Live Performance at Balanced Breakfast’s Showcase | SxSW 2021
- 2421 67th Avenue Oakland, CA | ColdwellBankerHomes.com
- Bike Oakland & Piedmont: Around Mountain View Cemetery
- Oakland Unified School District Announces 2021 Teachers Of The Year
- Colonial Pipeline Paid Darkside Hackers $5 Million In Ransom Money – Bad Idea
- Black Business Roundtable hosted by Oakland’s Own Doug Blacksher
- How The 49ers vs Raiders Preseason Games Restarted When The Silver And Black Returned To Oakland
- Rusty Hardin Says Tony Buzbee Deshaun Watson Settlement Not Happening Talk Is Ironic
- Mads Mikkelsen And Anders Jensen Blockbuster Interview With Zennie62Media’s Jessica Dwyer
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Seeks To Drown A’s Fans In Water At Coliseum
- Mads Mikkelsen Oscars: Mads Mikkelsen, Anders Jensen, Riders Of Justice Interview: Jessica Dwyer
- Oakland Schools: OUSD 2021 Classified School Employees Of The Year
- Biden Press Secretary Jen Psaki Statement On Restart of Colonial Pipeline And Continued Federal Government Efforts To Mitigate Impacts
- The Oakland A’s Never “Rooted In Oakland” – Las Vegas Mayor Says Relocation Talk 2 Years Old
- Oakland Athletics In Relocation Talks for 2 Years According To LV Review Journal – by Richard Haick