ONN – Oakland A’s Howard Terminal Ballpark Proposal CBA Steering Commitee Meeting February 22 2020
A letter of information I received from the City Of Oakland.
The Howard Terminal CBA Steering Committee will convene this Saturday, February 22nd from 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. at the CSUEB Oakland Center, located at 1000 Broadway. Please refer to the attached agenda to help prepare for our first meeting.
Preparing for the Meeting
The Co-facilitators request that each Steering Committee member come to the meeting prepared with a brief one or two-sentence vision statement that encompasses at least one of the guiding principles of equity, transparency, integrity, inclusiveness, collaboration, and solution-seeking. We will ask you to share the vision statement with others at the meeting and to write it down so we can post them on the wall. At the end of this email, are examples of simple vision statements.
We will not be breaking into Topic Cohorts at this meeting, though members are welcome to attend and observe the Steering Committee meeting. This meeting is also open to the public; please reply to this message if disability or language accommodations are needed. Childcare will be provided.
Proof of Eligibility
All Steering Committee members are asked to bring proof of eligibility to this meeting, which can include:
Residential Community Representative: driver’s license, utility or cell phone bill from within the past 60 days, copy of current lease, etc.
Technical Representative: proof of Oakland residential or business address.
Resident Representative Vacancy
The Resident Community Representative seat for Community Health & Safety Topic Cohort is vacant. To be considered, you must meet the eligibility criteria:
Live in one of the four Impacted Areas (Chinatown, Jack London Square, Old Oakland, or West Oakland),
Have attended the CBA Equity Orientation on Jan. 11 or Feb. 10 or plan to attend the upcoming Equity Orientation on March 11 at 5:00 p.m. at the West Oakland Senior Center; AND
Agree to support the Topic Cohort meetings, and to carry the Topic Cohort’s suggestions/recommendation to the Steering Committee, recognizing that those recommendations may not always align with your personal/organizational interests and priorities.
If you are interested in consideration, and meet the eligibility criteria above, please complete the attached Interest Form and return it via email to [email protected], or by mailing or delivering it to: Veronica C. Cummings, 1 Frank H. Ogawa 11th Floor, Oakland, CA 94612. We anticipate filling the vacancy at the next Topic Cohort meeting in March, for which the date and time will be determined at this Saturday’s Steering Committee meeting.
Thank you for your continued engagement and commitment to an equity-centered CBA!
Please let me know if you no longer wish to receive emails about the Howard Terminal proposal CBA and related events.
Samples of Vision Statements:
“My vision is for the CBA to make the lives of everyone in Oakland better by creating programs and services that narrowing the disparity gaps and visibly improving the quality of life with safer, cleaner neighborhoods and places for the homeless.”
“When this is over, I believe the collaborative process will result in better choices for housing, jobs, education in Oakland and I hope that there will be more opportunities for small businesses.”
“I imagine that through the CBA we will create inclusive opportunities for young and old to have access to services in their communities, and that the life span of African Americans will increase.”
Veronica C. Cummings
Stakeholder Engagement Lead
City of Oakland
Office of the City Administrator
The contact information was withheld from the post by me and given the nature of the transmission.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Rep Liz Chaney Speech On House Floor On Eve Of Vote To Oust Her From House GOP Leadership
- Las Vegas Raiders New Number Changers For 2021 Season. By Joseph Armendariz
- May 11, 2021
- Livestream: Blame To Go Around In Oakland A’s Relocation Threat? Start With Oakland Athletics
- MLB Ask Oakland Athletics To Threaten Relocation – Oakland City Council’s Progressive Wing Steps In
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News
- Watching Amanda Gorman Keynote At Professional Business Woman California Conference 2021
- Ben Barlett Berkeley Councilmember Meetings On Traffic, Fire Safety This Week
- Ultra Black News | Ahmed Muhammad | Oakland Tech’s First Black Male Valedictorian
- Asian American Attacks: Couple Dragged In Brazen Parking Lot Robbery In Oakland
- 5 7 2021 Auto Accident Hit N Run Oakland East 14th & 2nd
- Zennie62 YouTube At 2008 DNC Convention, United Airlines Flight To Denver, Meeting Ashley Wolfe Long
- Kenny Mayne: ESPN Tried To Keep Kenny Mayne For Less But He Said No – No Tears Here
- Andrew Peterson Oakland CIO Gets Harari Conscious Leadership And Social Innovation Award
- Oakland Councilmember Sheng Thao And Oakland Mutual Aid Collective Will Distribute PPE Kits To Students May 11th
- Ca Governor Gavin Newsom’s $100 Billion Rental Assistance Plan Debut With Oakland Mayor Schaff
- Governor Newsom Unveils his Economic Recovery Package
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am