ONN – Oakland A’s Howard Terminal Ballpark Proposal CBA Steering Commitee Meeting February 22 2020
A letter of information I received from the City Of Oakland.
The Howard Terminal CBA Steering Committee will convene this Saturday, February 22nd from 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. at the CSUEB Oakland Center, located at 1000 Broadway. Please refer to the attached agenda to help prepare for our first meeting.
Preparing for the Meeting
The Co-facilitators request that each Steering Committee member come to the meeting prepared with a brief one or two-sentence vision statement that encompasses at least one of the guiding principles of equity, transparency, integrity, inclusiveness, collaboration, and solution-seeking. We will ask you to share the vision statement with others at the meeting and to write it down so we can post them on the wall. At the end of this email, are examples of simple vision statements.
We will not be breaking into Topic Cohorts at this meeting, though members are welcome to attend and observe the Steering Committee meeting. This meeting is also open to the public; please reply to this message if disability or language accommodations are needed. Childcare will be provided.
Proof of Eligibility
All Steering Committee members are asked to bring proof of eligibility to this meeting, which can include:
Residential Community Representative: driver’s license, utility or cell phone bill from within the past 60 days, copy of current lease, etc.
Technical Representative: proof of Oakland residential or business address.
Resident Representative Vacancy
The Resident Community Representative seat for Community Health & Safety Topic Cohort is vacant. To be considered, you must meet the eligibility criteria:
Live in one of the four Impacted Areas (Chinatown, Jack London Square, Old Oakland, or West Oakland),
Have attended the CBA Equity Orientation on Jan. 11 or Feb. 10 or plan to attend the upcoming Equity Orientation on March 11 at 5:00 p.m. at the West Oakland Senior Center; AND
Agree to support the Topic Cohort meetings, and to carry the Topic Cohort’s suggestions/recommendation to the Steering Committee, recognizing that those recommendations may not always align with your personal/organizational interests and priorities.
If you are interested in consideration, and meet the eligibility criteria above, please complete the attached Interest Form and return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mailing or delivering it to: Veronica C. Cummings, 1 Frank H. Ogawa 11th Floor, Oakland, CA 94612. We anticipate filling the vacancy at the next Topic Cohort meeting in March, for which the date and time will be determined at this Saturday’s Steering Committee meeting.
Thank you for your continued engagement and commitment to an equity-centered CBA!
Please let me know if you no longer wish to receive emails about the Howard Terminal proposal CBA and related events.
Samples of Vision Statements:
“My vision is for the CBA to make the lives of everyone in Oakland better by creating programs and services that narrowing the disparity gaps and visibly improving the quality of life with safer, cleaner neighborhoods and places for the homeless.”
“When this is over, I believe the collaborative process will result in better choices for housing, jobs, education in Oakland and I hope that there will be more opportunities for small businesses.”
“I imagine that through the CBA we will create inclusive opportunities for young and old to have access to services in their communities, and that the life span of African Americans will increase.”
Veronica C. Cummings
Stakeholder Engagement Lead
City of Oakland
Office of the City Administrator
The contact information was withheld from the post by me and given the nature of the transmission.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Astros vs. Red Sox ALCS Game 4 Highlights (10/19/21) | MLB Highlights October 20, 2021
- Skateboarders Making Pilgrimage to San Francisco’s Pier 7, Following Vandalism October 20, 2021
- NEW NBA odds released, plus MLB playoffs and NFL WEEK 6 Recap October 20, 2021
- 30 Years Later: East Bay Remembers Oakland Hills Fire October 20, 2021
- San Francisco In N Out temporarily closed over city’s proof of COVID 19 October 20, 2021
- Public Enemy – 30th Anniversary Oaktown’s On Fire! – Kaiser Conv. Center – Oakland, CA – 10/20/1991 October 20, 2021
- Anthrax – 30th Anniversary Oaktown’s On Fire! – Kaiser Convention Center – Oakland, CA – 10/20/1991 October 20, 2021
- Primus – 30th Anniversary Oaktown’s On Fire! – Kaiser Convention Center – Oakland, CA – 10/20/1991 October 20, 2021
- Lakers Postgame: Anthony Davis (10/19/21) October 20, 2021
- Mark Zuckerberg’s Post On Facebook’s Impact On America Forgets U.S. Diversity Makes It Ripe Target For Hate Content October 20, 2021
- Lakers Postgame: LeBron James (10/19/21) October 20, 2021
- Lakers Postgame: Frank Vogel (10/19/21) October 20, 2021
- Oakland PD Hates On Doja October 20, 2021
- Astros vs Red Sox Game 4 Highlights | MLB 2021 October 20, 2021
- HIGHLIGHTS | Los Angeles Lakers vs Golden State Warriors October 20, 2021
- HIGHLIGHTS | LeBron James (34 pts, 5 ast, 11 reb) vs Golden State Warriors October 20, 2021
- HIGHLIGHTS | Anthony Davis (33 pts, 11 reb) vs Golden State Warriors October 20, 2021
- Stephen Curry Tallies a Triple-Double in Season Opener! | Oct. 19, 2021 October 20, 2021
- Oakland City Council Unanimously Approves Vice Mayor Rebecca Kaplan’s Proposal To Support Litigation Against Ghost Guns October 20, 2021
- Henry Ruggs III Mic’d Up vs. Broncos: ‘All Bama on the Board!’ | Week 6 | Las Vegas Raiders | NFL October 20, 2021
- Boxing Sandor Martin Stuns Boxing World By Defeating Former Champ Mikey Garcia By Eric Pangilinan October 19, 2021
- Meet Jon Bean, Oakland Rising’s Deputy Director Taks With Liz Suk, Executive Director October 19, 2021
- Philadelphia Eagles vs Las Vegas Raiders | Week 7 NFL Game Preview October 19, 2021
- Oakland hills firestorm marks 30th anniversary October 19, 2021
- 30 years later: Remembering the Oakland Hills Fire October 19, 2021
- Los Bukis ULTIMO CONCIERTO 2021 Oakland CA I Mi Mayor Necesidad October 19, 2021
- In-N-Out Burger in Battle With San Francisco Health Officials Over COVID Rules October 19, 2021
- Braves vs Dodgers Game 3 Highlights | MLB 2021 October 19, 2021
- TITANS y BILLS se baten en un ASOMBROSO duelo de MONDAY NIGH | Semana 6 2021 NFL Game Highlights October 19, 2021
- LIVE SPORTS TALK! Monday Night Football Bills Titans Recap, MLB Playoffs, Next LSU Head Coach? October 19, 2021