ONN – Oakland And Alameda County Require Face Masks Starting Midnight Friday April 17 2020
Alameda County and Alameda County Supervisor Keith Carson issued this order:
Alameda County Health Officer Issues Order for the Public and Workers to Wear Face Coverings to Control the Spread of COVID-19
Combined with physical distancing and frequent handwashing, face coverings may reduce the risk of infection posed by people who are infected and without symptoms.
ALAMEDA COUNTY, CA – Alameda County Health Officer Dr. Erica Pan issued an Order for all members of the public to wear face coverings when around people outside of their household. The Order becomes effective at 11:59 p.m. on April 17, 2020. Enforcement will begin at 8:00 a.m. on April 22, 2020 to allow the public time to comply by making or purchasing a face covering.
“A face covering may reduce the risk of transmitting the virus that causes COVID-19 when maintaining at least 6 feet of distance isn’t possible.” said Dr. Pan. “Everyone should wear a face covering when engaged in essential activities and work, but there is no substitute for physical distancing and staying at home.”
Face coverings can be simple and homemade, made of cloth, fabric, or other soft or permeable material without holes, that covers the nose and mouth. The face covering must be worn in three main settings:
Essential Businesses, or other businesses and facilities engaged in Minimum Basic Operations, Essential Infrastructure or Essential Government Functions
When seeking health care (health care workers and facilities have a different set of requirements)
Public transportation or other types of shared transportation
Employees, contractors, owners and volunteers in all these settings must wear a face covering where the public is present or likely to be, and at any time when others are nearby.
Children aged 12 and younger are not required to wear a face covering, and any child two years old or younger should not wear a face covering. The order does not apply if a person is only with members of their own household. A person engaged in walking, hiking, bicycling and running is not required to wear a face covering but that person must take steps to maintain at least 6 feet of physical distance from others, and carry a face covering in case one is needed when encountering other people.
“Consistent and broad use of face covering may help to slow the spread of COVID-19 in Alameda County because people may have COVID-19 but not show symptoms or their symptoms are so mild they don’t think they have become infected,” said Dr. Pan.
For updated COVID-19 information and resources, visit acphd.org/2019-ncov.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Former Oakland Mayor Elihu Harris On ESPN 30-For-30 Raiders Al Davis vs. NFL – The Aftermath
- Elihu Harris Former Oakland Mayor On ESPN 30-For-30, “Al Davis Versus The NFL”
- Walk Down MacArthur Blvd To Grand Av In Oakland Adams Point Made Into Instagram Art
- Oakland Marriott City Center Has Striking Mural Of Young Black Girl At Play That’s Amazing
- Detroit Tigers vs Oakland Athletics Highlights April 16, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Peaceful Demonstration Over Deadly Police Shootings Turns Violent in Oakland
- Demonstration in Oakland to Protest Police Shootings Turns Violent
- Kevin Samuels And Kevin Durant Use White-Owned Social Media To Say Bad Things About Black Folks
- Oakland NAACP Response to District Curriculum Adoption Recommendation.
- COVID-19 Vaccine At Dodger Stadium – By Joseph Armendariz
- The Alley Cat Bar In Oakland At 3325 Grand Avenue To Reopen Thursday April 22 2021
- Erica Chapman Makeup Artist In Deshaun Watson Lawsuit Poses Prostitute Problem For Tony Buzbee
- Marshawn Lynch: Sitting Down With Dr. Anthony Fauci
- OUSD Oakland Girls To Be In Soroptimist International’s “Steps to Success” On Saturday
- Derrick Soo Says WhereDoWeGoOakland.tv, A Remarkable Oakland Housing Effort, Is Active
- Sam Wilson Becomes Captain America In The Epic Falcon And The Winter Soldier Episode 5
- President Joe Biden Statement On The Mass Shooting In Indianapolis, Indiana
- TUTORIAL: Register for Oakland’s Online Permit Portal!
- OSA IM Piano Recital-A Trip to Europe: Baroque to Contemporary
- City Of Oakland Says Check Your Permit Status