RingCentral Coliseum is now officially the name of Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium in this release sent to Zennie62Media.
OAKLAND, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–RingCentral Inc., (NYSE: RNG), a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions, today announced that the Oakland-Alameda Coliseum will now be renamed the ‘RingCentral Coliseum.’
The multi-year agreement to serve as the named sponsor of the Oakland-Alameda Coliseum was approved by the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority (JPA) Board at a May 31, 2019 board meeting and is subject to formal approval from Major League Baseball (MLB). The funds will go directly to the Joint Powers Authority to manage the facility.
JPA Chairman and Oakland City Council Member Larry Reid said, “We welcome RingCentral as a key partner to this iconic venue. With this investment, RingCentral has shown a commitment to the fans of Oakland, the Bay Area and beyond. We look forward to collaborating with them to keep Oakland sports on the global stage.”
“As a global leader in cloud communications solutions, we continue to grow our professional sports relationships with leading teams across the country and enhancing fan engagement with our world-class communications technology,” said Vlad Shmunis, Chairman, Founder and CEO, RingCentral. “We are excited to align our brand with the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum and work closely with the JPA to improve the overall experience for all Coliseum-goers.”
In addition to acquiring the naming rights for the Oakland-Alameda Coliseum, RingCentral is the founding partner of the Golden State Warriors, official business communications partner for the Oakland A’s, and a proud partner of the Detroit Pistons.
JPA Vice-Chairman and Alameda County Supervisor Nate Miley said, “RingCentral’s sponsorship stands as a testament to the Bay Area’s technology community partnering with important public venues. With this agreement, local taxpayers will receive an important return on their 50-year investment in the stadium.”
Today, the Oakland Alameda County Coliseum is the only stadium to host two major league professional franchises, the Oakland A’s and the Oakland Raiders. The facility has been upgraded to compete with other major regional entertainment venues.
Executive Director Scott McKibben added, “This is a tremendous win for the residents of Oakland and Alameda County. We are partnering with another important brand in the high-tech community and providing returns for the taxpayer.”
About the JPA: The Authority is a public partnership between the City of Oakland and the County of Alameda (owners of the Coliseum Complex) that manages the Complex on behalf of City and County. An eight-member Board of Commissioners governs the Authority. Oakland City Councilmember Larry Reid serves as Chair of the Board. Alameda County Supervisor Nate Miley currently serves as the Vice-Chair.
About RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to Work as One™ from any location, on any device, and via any mode to better serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
©2019 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. RingCentral, Work as One, and the RingCentral logo are trademarks of RingCentral, Inc.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Police Should March In Solidarity With Black Community Post Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Raiders “I Can Breathe” Tweet: What Was Las Vegas Thinking With That Derek Chauvin Verdict Entry?
- President Biden and Vice President Harris Address the Nation on the Derek Chauvin Trial Verdict
- Oakland Tech’s Ahmed Muhammad School’s 1st Black Male Valedictorian On Day Of Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Derek Chauvin Murder Trial Verdict Livestream Reaction Vlog After Murder Of George Floyd
- Derek Chauvin Murder Trial Verdict Reaction Vlog After Murder Of George Floyd
- WATCH LIVE: Jury in Derek Chauvin trial expected to return a verdict
- Oakland School News: OUSD Unveil’s New Green Schoolyard In Celebration Of Earth Day
- A Shooting Has Taken Place At A Stop & Shop In West Hempstead, NY, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Look At Oakland Lake Merritt Instagram Videos Shows Fun Gathering – Are Complaints Just Racism?
- Oakland Lake Merritt Vendors Move From Lakeshore To Grand Avenue, But Racist Take Remains
- Memories of Roy Steele, Oakland A’s Announcer
- Oakland Police Chief Antioch Press Conference
- Oakland Mayor’s Town Hall Budget Summit – Guaranteed Income
- Renaming to White Supremacy Resolution
- The Sounds Of Oakland: Sideshow Season 2021 OPD Responds
- Amtrak Capital Corridor #527 train Southbound at The Oakland Coliseum Amtrak Station 4KHD
- More Oakland Unified Elementary Students Return to School
- The Sounds Of Oakland: The OPD Engagement Of The 2021 Protest Season
- 11370 Golf Links Road, Oakland, CA | Michael and Nicole Wilhelm, Compass