The Oakland Athletics had their 4th of July fireworks drawing thousands of fans and some Oaklanders.
Meanwhile there were other Oaklanders who elected to watch the horizon in Oakland for fireworks action, and not only were not disappointed, but managed to think up some of the most interesting commentary ever in the modern history of fireworks watching.
Case in point.
Watch and listen to @btothedouble on Instagram…
As fits the title of the video “Ahahahaha,” she laughs with a style that reminds this blogger of something just south of Cruella de Vil, the villian from the Disney 1956 classic 101 Dalmatians. Listen to that voice! “I don’t know what to say about this..HAHAHAHA “Hours. Hours going by! Hours! This is just absurd! This is so much money! I mean who. Is. Spending. So much money!” And all as the fireworks go popping off around her.
But in answer to her question about who is spending money on fireworks, it’s well, a lot of people. And when you consider that such types of firework items as “Triple Whistler Bottle Rockets” are less than $16 for a packet of 144 of them, you get the idea that first, it’s not a lot of money to spend, and you get a lot for your coin. That written, I didn’t shoot them off – in fact, I never have in my life.
But that aside, I do want to know what she had for her Oakland 4th of July! That’s hecka funny.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Pathways to Entrepreneurship: A Fireside Chat with Jennifer Lopez and Administrator Guzman September 16, 2021
- National Small Week Virtual Summit: Daymond John September 16, 2021
- National Small Business Week: Tarik Brooks of Combs Enterprises September 16, 2021
- SBA National Small Business Week: Mayors Supporting Latino-Owned Small Businesses September 16, 2021
- Gabby Petito And Brian Laundrie Last Video – VAN LIFE | Beginning Our Van Life Journey September 16, 2021
- Dr. Sian Proctor First Black Woman to Pilot A Space Mission – SpaceX Flight With All-Amateur Crew September 16, 2021
- SpaceX launch lights up night sky in Florida & Colorado September 16, 2021
- SpaceX Makes History Launching All-Civilian Crew Into Orbit September 16, 2021
- Chris Peeples AC Transit Board Member Oakland Gives Update At Awaken Cafe, Downtown Apr 5, 2016 September 16, 2021
- Cafe 817 Hosts Susan Mernitt,’s Oakland Bloggers Meetup 20th Anniversary Event Tuesday June 26 2013 September 16, 2021
- Modern Coffee Video From Tribune Tower Location In Oakland, 2017 September 16, 2021
- Best Cafes in Downtown Oakland for Digital Nomads By Nnenna Umelloh on YouTube September 16, 2021
- Gallegos Mexican Restaurant West Side Berkeley In YouTube Shorts Vlog September 16, 2021
- Oakland Police New “OPD Is Hiring” Video Latest Effort To Draw New Cops September 16, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Has Derek Carr Become Edgier This Year ? By Joseph Armendariz September 16, 2021
- Derek Carr, Hunter Renfrow, and Maxx Crosby Presser – 9.15.21 | Las Vegas Raiders September 16, 2021
- Sean Payton, New Orleans Saints Players Did It For Louisiana September 16, 2021
- Boxing Dana White Says Exhibition Boxing Matches Are A Waste Of Time By Eric Pangilinan September 15, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders File A Complaint To The NFL For Dirty Hits On Hunter Renfrow By Eric Pangilinan September 15, 2021
- Inspiration4 | Launch September 15, 2021
- North Port PD provides update on Gabby Petito case September 15, 2021
- Missing YouTuber Gabby Petito Case: Cops Say Her Fiancé Is a Person Of Interest | News 4 Now September 15, 2021
- Gabby Petito’s boyfriend named a ‘person of interest’ September 15, 2021
- Jameis Winston on Value of Sean Payton Film Sessions 9/15/21 September 15, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Bring Back Guard Jordan Simmons By Eric Pangilinan September 15, 2021