GlobalData, a leading data and analytics company tells Zennie62Media that the importance of health and well being among millennials remains crucial to the projected rise of non-alcoholic beer consumption in the UK / England.
Joe Hutson, Consumer Analyst at GlobalData, says, “Currently 25-34 year olds and 16-24 year olds have the country’s highest per capita consumption rates for low and non-alcoholic beer, likely due to such a vast amount of young people being influenced by health and well-being factors.”
While the market for non-alcoholic beer is currently niche, the segment’s 13% growth was the fastest of any strength band in the UK during 2017 and another impressive performance is forecast for this year, according to GlobalData.
GlobalData’s 2018 Q3 UK Consumer Survey, found that a massive 37% of 18-24 year olds were ‘often influenced’ by how a product affects their health and wellbeing when purchasing an alcoholic drink, with a staggering 34% of 25-34 year olds ‘always influenced’.
The success of the non-alcoholic segment among younger people is not surprising given that earlier this year the Office for National Statistics revealed that, in Great Britain, young people aged 16 to 24 are less likely to drink alcohol than any other age group.
Hutson adds: “Given this rapidly growing consumer base, it is no wonder that more high-profile activity has been seen in 2018. Heineken 0.0% was a notable example, with the brand’s £6m ‘Now You Can’ campaign the biggest seen so far for a non-alcoholic beer.
“Producers are picking up on the rise of health-consciousness, particularly among younger consumers, and thus the presence of non-alcoholic beverages seems set to continue its rapid ascent.”
Be sure to read Zennie62Media’s series on San Francisco’s Salesforce Transit Center and its developer, Maria Ayerdi-Kaplan.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Local Matters: Vice President Harris to campaign in Virginia for McAuliffe October 21, 2021
- WHO warns pandemic will drag on deep into 2022 – BBC News October 21, 2021
- State Department policies exclude U.S. citizens’ family members October 21, 2021
- Cleveland Browns vs. Denver Broncos | 10/21/21 | Free NFL Picks And Prediction | NFL Betting Picks October 21, 2021
- Brian Laundrie search: Authorities find personal belongings, possible human remains October 21, 2021
- Local Matters: Virginia governor’s race currently tied, poll says October 21, 2021
- First sports equinox arrives NFL NBA MLB NHL all play in October after October 21, 2021
- Avlon: Texas showed how rigged the system really is October 21, 2021
- Thursday NFL, NCAAF, & MLB Free Betting Picks & Predictions – 10/21/21 l Picks & Parlays October 21, 2021
- Port of Long Beach executive director talks supply chain efforts October 21, 2021
- Browns vs Broncos | Free Week 7 NFL Football Picks | DEN @ CLE TNF Thursday Bets | Kyle Kirms October 21, 2021
- ‘Mass’ Examines The Traumatic Aftermath Of School Shootings October 21, 2021
- How Employees Are Holding Companies Accountable On Social Issues October 21, 2021
- LIVE: Speaker Pelosi Holds Weekly Briefing On Capitol Hill | NBC News October 21, 2021
- Morning showers soak Bay Area roads October 21, 2021
- FREE Basketball 10/21/21 Picks and Predictions Today NBA Betting Tips and Analysis October 21, 2021
- Thursday’s Best Bets: NBA Player Props, Spreads & O/U Picks for October 21st! (6-4 ON THE YEAR!) October 21, 2021
- NBA DFS Strategy 10/21/21 | DraftKings & FanDuel NBA Picks October 21, 2021
- The Oakland Hills Fire: 30 years later October 21, 2021
- FIRST LOOK: Sony Alpha 7 IV | Official announcement and event October 21, 2021
- San Francisco Tree Topples: Tree topples near San Francisco’s Japantown October 21, 2021
- Capitol Police officer: Trump supporters are being lied to October 21, 2021
- Braves vs. Dodgers NLCS Game 4 Highlights (10/20/21) | MLB Highlights October 21, 2021
- Covid Cases Rise In U.K. As Government Rejects Reimposing Restrictions October 21, 2021
- ‘Bloomberg Technology’ Full Show (10/19/2021) October 21, 2021
- We Discuss HBCU Football The NFL NBA MLB Playoffs October 21, 2021
- Simone Biles Speaks Out On Championing Mental Health October 21, 2021
- San Francisco closes an In & Out Over Vax Checks – California School Kids Safely Eat Lunch In Rain October 21, 2021
- House To Vote On Holding Steve Bannon In Contempt Of Jan. 6th Investigation October 21, 2021
- COVID-19: Prime Minister says ‘we’re in a much better position” because of the vaccine October 21, 2021
- Rep. Jayapal: We May Not Get All We Want In The Bill, But Let’s Get This Done October 21, 2021
- US surgeon general on child vaccines: Parents have been waiting for this October 21, 2021