ONN – No Coal In Oakland Misses Fact 1996 SF Bay Seaport Plan Called For New Bulk Terminal
“No Coal In Oakland”, the non-profit financed by the Sierra Club and Tom Steyer, has a tendency to base its views on the Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal, on emotion, and not facts and research. And they approach the matter via bullying and personal attacks, focusing on “Phil Tagami” or “Zennie Abraham”.
So, No Coal In Oakland misses facts and does not understand the history of events that created the need for the Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal.
Take the 1996 SF Bay Seaport Plan, a plan that, on page 15, laid out the need for new bulk terminals in the future:
BULK TERMINALS Findings1. Bay Area ports currently have a surplus of civilian break bulk, dry, liquid, and neo-bulk cargo berths, as measured by vacant berths. However, although these facilities appear to be surplus today, the cargo forecast indicates that seven new bulk cargo berths will be needed by the year 2020 to accommodate expected growth in bulk cargoes.2. Bulk cargo shipping is undergoing a transition. The Ports of San Francisco and Richmond report fewer ship calls than in past years, and have vacant or underused bulk cargo terminals. At the same time, the total volume of bulk cargo processed through Bay Area ports has increased, suggesting that: (1) the forecast overestimated the volume of bulk cargoes because bulk cargoes are now more frequently shipped in containers; (2) larger ships are being used for bulk cargoes; or (3) that bulk terminals are operating more efficiently.3. Some bulk cargo berths are suitable for future conversion to container terminals. These berths include military, public, and proprietary terminals, whose existing operations would be displaced by converting the facilities to container berths. Policies 1. The Seaport Planning Advisory Committee should monitor the region’s maritime cargo volumes, marine terminal use, and ship calls on an ongoing basis. The data collected should be used to determine whether there has been a shift in the method of transporting bulk cargoes and the adequacy of the Seaport Plan marine terminal designations to ensure that the Bay Area has sufficient areas reserved to accommodate future port and marine terminal development. 2. Proposed changes in port use of designated marine terminals, e.g., from bulk to con-tainer use, should be reviewed by the Seaport Planning Advisory Committee, and should be permitted without an amendment of the Seaport Plan as long as the change in use does not detract from the regional capability to meet the pro-jected growth in cargo. 3. In developing new bulk cargo terminals, the mini-mum amounts of backland shown in Table 7 should be provided for each berth.
It’s time for Oakland to be Oakland and provide good jobs in a technologically-advanced working environment that represents the best engineering approaches. That’s something we need in this time of the Pandemic and something the OBOT offers. I pursued Insight Terminal Solutions as a client to get out the truth No Coal In Oakland and the mainstream media deliberately ignored.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Planning Commission Hearing On 410 20th St Thomas Berkley Way Tall Building May 5th 2021
- Bike Oakland: Foothill commute route loop a year later
- Zennie62 YouTube Gets Live Shout Out From Steven Campbell On Not Leaving Las Vegas Channel
- Las Vegas Live on a Friday – The Positive Vibes Livestream By Steven Campbell
- Looks Like Oakland Lake Merritt Racists From Nextdoor Have Migrated To Facebook
- Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf Proposes $3.85 Billion “Just Recovery Budget”
- VP Kamala Harris Meets With Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador – Remarks
- VAX LIVE Concert To Reunite America And Encourage Vaccine Equity Stars Harry And Meghan
- West Oakland Home For Rent At 846 Isabella St Oakland
- Oakland Police Chief Armstrong Speaks At Oakland Rotary Club Thursday Meeting May 6, 2021
- Tian Jin Dumplings, Shandong, And Gum Kuo Restaurants: 3 Food Spots In Oakland Chinatown
- Jake Paul, Logan Paul’s Actions To Floyd Mayweather Were Racist – Paul’s Record Isn’t Clean
- Walking Through Downtown San Francisco One Year Later Into The Pandemic 2021
- Keisha Lance Bottoms Not Seeking Re-Election As Atlanta Mayor
- FLOYD MAYWEATHER BRAWL ERUPTS WITH JAKE PAUL; ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE AS TEAMS COME TO BLOWS
- Adam Schefter Told Dan Patrick His Aaron Rogers Story Draft Day Story Was Made Up, Not From The QB
- 415 20th Street Thomas Berkley Building Should Be Live / Work To Add Housing In Oakland
- Carroll Fife, District 3 Oakland Councilmember, Talks Housing And Homeless Problems With Experts
- Mandela Station At West Oakland BART Shows New City In City
- Self-Service Buffets Return To Las Vegas Strip