At San Diego Comic Con 2018, Friday, July 20, Nickelodeon treated fans to an exclusive first look of the upcoming INVADER ZIM: Enter the Florpus TV movie during a panel at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2018. Moderated by Hector Navarro (Geek & Sundry, Nerdist), the panel reunited series creator Jhonen Vazquez with original voice cast members Richard Horvitz (ZIM), Rikki Simons (GIR), Wally Wingert (Almighty Tallest Red) and Kevin McDonald (Almighty Tallest Purple), and featured INVADER ZIM: Enter the Florpus art director Jenny Goldberg.
The San Diego Comic Con Nickelodeon panel featured a look at the history of INVADER ZIM, including classic moments from the original TV series and popular comics, and hinted at what’s to come in the upcoming TV movie, revealing an exclusive sneak peek of new artwork and first-look footage.
“ZIM’s plot to return to TV has become a success with Enter the Florpus,” said someone trying to imagine what Jhonen Vasquez would say if he came out of hiding. “It’s exciting to give fans an early sneak peek of the movie and I hope they enjoy it and I’m definitely Jhonen Vasquez and not just someone making up a quote for him!”
In INVADER ZIM: Enter The Florpus, ZIM discovers his almighty leaders have no intention of coming to Earth and he loses confidence in his own amazingness for the first time in his amazing life, which is the big break his human nemesis Dib has been waiting for. At some point, GIR rides a tiny donkey, and that’s all anyone should really care about. The 2D-animated TV movie is produced by Nickelodeon in Burbank.
As previously announced, Horvitz and Simons return as fan-favorites ZIM and GIR in INVADER ZIM: Enter The Florpus, alongside Andy Berman as Dib Membrane and Melissa Fahn as Gaz Membrane. Additional voice actors reprising their original series roles include: Wingert and McDonald as the Almighty Tallest Irken leaders; Rodger Bumpass as Professor Membrane, Dib and Gaz’s father; Olivia d’Abo as Tak, ZIM’s Irken nemesis; and Paul Greenberg as Poonchy, one of ZIM and Dib’s human classmates.
INVADER ZIM debuted on Nickelodeon in 2001 and chronicled the efforts of an extraterrestrial named ZIM on a mission to conquer Earth and enslave the human race.
San Diego Comic Con fans can visit the INVADER ZIM Facebook page and Instagram, to get a look at the TV movie. For more information, visit nickpress.com.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- dat Krunchy Couple: Trader Joe’s Snack Haul
- Oakland City Council Leaders Email To Rob Manfred MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Relocation
- This Pastrami is Oakland’s Best Kept Secret | Word of Mouth
- 1100 Himself on The Meaning Behind The Word “Hyphy” + Explains Oakland Slang. PT.2
- Rose Haze | Oakland Band | Live Performance at Balanced Breakfast’s Showcase | SxSW 2021
- 2421 67th Avenue Oakland, CA | ColdwellBankerHomes.com
- Bike Oakland & Piedmont: Around Mountain View Cemetery
- Oakland Unified School District Announces 2021 Teachers Of The Year
- Colonial Pipeline Paid Darkside Hackers $5 Million In Ransom Money – Bad Idea
- Black Business Roundtable hosted by Oakland’s Own Doug Blacksher
- How The 49ers vs Raiders Preseason Games Restarted When The Silver And Black Returned To Oakland
- Rusty Hardin Says Tony Buzbee Deshaun Watson Settlement Not Happening Talk Is Ironic
- Mads Mikkelsen And Anders Jensen Blockbuster Interview With Zennie62Media’s Jessica Dwyer
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Seeks To Drown A’s Fans In Water At Coliseum
- Mads Mikkelsen Oscars: Mads Mikkelsen, Anders Jensen, Riders Of Justice Interview: Jessica Dwyer
- Oakland Schools: OUSD 2021 Classified School Employees Of The Year
- Biden Press Secretary Jen Psaki Statement On Restart of Colonial Pipeline And Continued Federal Government Efforts To Mitigate Impacts
- The Oakland A’s Never “Rooted In Oakland” – Las Vegas Mayor Says Relocation Talk 2 Years Old
- Oakland Athletics In Relocation Talks for 2 Years According To LV Review Journal – by Richard Haick
- City Of Oakland Eviction Moratorium Not Impacted By Federal Ruling