NFL’s New Rooney Rule Says Black / Minority Coaches Must Be Interviewed For Real Positions
ONN – NFL’s New Rooney Rule Says Black / Minority Coaches Must Be Interviewed For Real Positions
Here’s the basics of the new upgraded NFL “Rooney Rule”:
1) The resolution changes the current Anti-Tampering Policy by establishing a system that prohibits a club from denying 1) an assistant coach the opportunity to interview with a new team for a bona fide Offensive Coordinator, Defensive Coordinator, or Special Teams Coordinator position; (2) a non-high-level/non-secondary football executive from interviewing for a bona fide Assistant General Manager position. In either case, a contract could not be negotiated or signed until after the conclusion of the employer club’s playing season; and 3) requires all clubs submit in writing an organizational reporting structure for the coaching staff with job descriptions for any coach who is a coordinator or co-coordinator within that structure. The resolution also requires that any dispute regarding whether the new team is offering a “bona fide” position will be submitted promptly to the Commissioner, whose determination shall be final, binding and not subject to further review.
2) Clubs will now be required to interview at least two external minority candidates for head coach vacancies; at least one minority candidate for any of the three coordinator vacancies; and at least one external minority candidate for the senior football operations or general manager position. For the first time the Rooney Rule will also apply to a wide range of executive positions.
3) Clubs must now include minorities and/or female applicants in the interview processes for senior level front office positions such as club president and senior executives in communications, finance, human resources, legal, football operations, sales, marketing, sponsorship, information technology, and security positions. The league office will also adhere to these requirements.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Planning Commission Hearing On 410 20th St Thomas Berkley Way Tall Building May 5th 2021
- Bike Oakland: Foothill commute route loop a year later
- Zennie62 YouTube Gets Live Shout Out From Steven Campbell On Not Leaving Las Vegas Channel
- Las Vegas Live on a Friday – The Positive Vibes Livestream By Steven Campbell
- Looks Like Oakland Lake Merritt Racists From Nextdoor Have Migrated To Facebook
- Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf Proposes $3.85 Billion “Just Recovery Budget”
- VP Kamala Harris Meets With Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador – Remarks
- VAX LIVE Concert To Reunite America And Encourage Vaccine Equity Stars Harry And Meghan
- West Oakland Home For Rent At 846 Isabella St Oakland
- Oakland Police Chief Armstrong Speaks At Oakland Rotary Club Thursday Meeting May 6, 2021
- Tian Jin Dumplings, Shandong, And Gum Kuo Restaurants: 3 Food Spots In Oakland Chinatown
- Jake Paul, Logan Paul’s Actions To Floyd Mayweather Were Racist – Paul’s Record Isn’t Clean
- Walking Through Downtown San Francisco One Year Later Into The Pandemic 2021
- Keisha Lance Bottoms Not Seeking Re-Election As Atlanta Mayor
- FLOYD MAYWEATHER BRAWL ERUPTS WITH JAKE PAUL; ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE AS TEAMS COME TO BLOWS
- Adam Schefter Told Dan Patrick His Aaron Rogers Story Draft Day Story Was Made Up, Not From The QB
- 415 20th Street Thomas Berkley Building Should Be Live / Work To Add Housing In Oakland
- Carroll Fife, District 3 Oakland Councilmember, Talks Housing And Homeless Problems With Experts
- Mandela Station At West Oakland BART Shows New City In City
- Self-Service Buffets Return To Las Vegas Strip