ONN – NFL’s New Rooney Rule Says Black / Minority Coaches Must Be Interviewed For Real Positions
Here’s the basics of the new upgraded NFL “Rooney Rule”:
1) The resolution changes the current Anti-Tampering Policy by establishing a system that prohibits a club from denying 1) an assistant coach the opportunity to interview with a new team for a bona fide Offensive Coordinator, Defensive Coordinator, or Special Teams Coordinator position; (2) a non-high-level/non-secondary football executive from interviewing for a bona fide Assistant General Manager position. In either case, a contract could not be negotiated or signed until after the conclusion of the employer club’s playing season; and 3) requires all clubs submit in writing an organizational reporting structure for the coaching staff with job descriptions for any coach who is a coordinator or co-coordinator within that structure. The resolution also requires that any dispute regarding whether the new team is offering a “bona fide” position will be submitted promptly to the Commissioner, whose determination shall be final, binding and not subject to further review.
2) Clubs will now be required to interview at least two external minority candidates for head coach vacancies; at least one minority candidate for any of the three coordinator vacancies; and at least one external minority candidate for the senior football operations or general manager position. For the first time the Rooney Rule will also apply to a wide range of executive positions.
3) Clubs must now include minorities and/or female applicants in the interview processes for senior level front office positions such as club president and senior executives in communications, finance, human resources, legal, football operations, sales, marketing, sponsorship, information technology, and security positions. The league office will also adhere to these requirements.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Police possibly to Arrest Me for Protest by Derrick Soo
- Oakland News Now at OaklandNewsNow.com Is The Most Advanced Active News Blog Website Ever In Oakland
- 2021 NFL Mock Draft V2 Livestream By Zennie62Media For April 17th
- Former Oakland Mayor Elihu Harris On ESPN 30-For-30 Raiders Al Davis vs. NFL – The Aftermath
- Elihu Harris Former Oakland Mayor On ESPN 30-For-30, “Al Davis Versus The NFL”
- Walk Down MacArthur Blvd To Grand Av In Oakland Adams Point Made Into Instagram Art
- Oakland Marriott City Center Has Striking Mural Of Young Black Girl At Play That’s Amazing
- Detroit Tigers vs Oakland Athletics Highlights April 16, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Peaceful Demonstration Over Deadly Police Shootings Turns Violent in Oakland
- Demonstration in Oakland to Protest Police Shootings Turns Violent
- Kevin Samuels And Kevin Durant Use White-Owned Social Media To Say Bad Things About Black Folks
- Oakland NAACP Response to District Curriculum Adoption Recommendation.
- COVID-19 Vaccine At Dodger Stadium – By Joseph Armendariz
- The Alley Cat Bar In Oakland At 3325 Grand Avenue To Reopen Thursday April 22 2021
- Erica Chapman Makeup Artist In Deshaun Watson Lawsuit Poses Prostitute Problem For Tony Buzbee
- Marshawn Lynch: Sitting Down With Dr. Anthony Fauci
- OUSD Oakland Girls To Be In Soroptimist International’s “Steps to Success” On Saturday
- Derrick Soo Says WhereDoWeGoOakland.tv, A Remarkable Oakland Housing Effort, Is Active
- Sam Wilson Becomes Captain America In The Epic Falcon And The Winter Soldier Episode 5
- President Joe Biden Statement On The Mass Shooting In Indianapolis, Indiana