MJ Acosta-Ruiz Becomes First Afro-Latina to Host a Show on NFL Network
A new chapter of NFL Network’s signature show NFL Total Access begins TONIGHT at the special time of 6:00 PM ET when recently named host MJ Acosta-Ruiz anchors the program from NFL Network’s studios in Culver City, CA.
Acosta-Ruiz (@MJAcostaTV) – who was officially named the host of NFL Total Access on Monday, September 7 – becomes the first Afro-Latina to host a show on NFL Network.
“I’m excited and eager to start this next chapter as the host of NFL Total Access,” said Acosta-Ruiz. “For over a decade I have worked tirelessly towards this professional goal. As the first Afro-Latina to host a show on NFL Network, this moment carries a deeper level of appreciation than I can express. I stand here as a reflection of a vast and diverse community of women in sports, and a true testament of how hard work and relentless preparation can lead you to where you were meant to be.”
“We are thrilled for MJ to be the face of NFL Total Access,” said Galen Gordon, NFL Network Vice President – Talent Management. “In just two short years, she has made an incredible impact on the NFL Media Group across all platforms, reaching both English and Spanish-speaking fans. In addition, MJ has been an incredible ambassador for what we do here at NFL Network. As we strive to engage more fans on more screens, I’m encouraged that we have a woman of color leading our daily weeknight show. She’s someone with strong relationships throughout the NFL community who will certainly bring a fresh perspective to our programming.”
Along with the addition of Acosta-Ruiz as host, NFL Total Access will have a new presentation and shift in focus, including the following elements:
Greater focus on in-depth elements such as Next Gen Stats to break down how positions are performing on a day-to-day basis and provide fans greater insight into the game
Expanded participation by NFL Network’s reporter group which spans the United States, creating a daily reporters’ notebook to bring fans closer than ever before to NFL news on a local level
Increased attention on social justice topics and storytelling, providing a voice to the players, coaches and personalities across the league – including NFL Network talent
All analysts, reporters and contributors will join the show remotely, with Acosta-Ruiz hosting the show from the expansive video wall on the NFL Total Access set located in NFL Network’s Los Angeles-based studios
Continuation of past staples such as X’s and O’s content, mic’d up segments, Fantasy Football advice, and more
“NFL Total Access will continue to entertain our avid fan base with a diverse production that reflects our league,” said Lya Vallat, NFL Network senior coordinating producer. “We are excited for the fresh perspective that our new host, MJ Acosta-Ruiz, will bring. MJ will lead our team made up of former players, coaches, front office staff and team reporters. Let the games begin!”
NFL Total Access airs Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday at 7:00 PM ET, and Thursday following Thursday Night Football on NFL Network, and in addition to Acosta-Ruiz features analysts such as Willie McGinest, James Jones, David Carr, Maurice Jones-Drew, Shaun O’Hara, DeAngelo Hall, Michael Robinson, LaDainian Tomlinson and Kurt Warner on a rotating basis.
ABOUT NFL MEDIA
NFL Media is comprised of NFL Network, NFL Films, NFL.com, the NFL app and NFL RedZone.
Seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, fans turn to NFL Network to receive information and insight straight from the field, team headquarters, league offices and everywhere the NFL is making news. Launched in 2003, NFL Network gives fans unprecedented year-round inside access to all NFL events, including the Super Bowl, Playoffs, regular season, preseason, Pro Bowl, Pro Football Hall of Fame induction weekend, NFL Draft, NFL Scouting Combine, Senior Bowl, league meetings, minicamps and training camps.
For fans on the go, all NFL Network programming can be streamed live through the NFL and NFL Network apps on smartphones, tablets, PCs and connected TV devices (Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, PlayStation 4, Roku and Xbox One). Access is available for NFL Network subscribers of participating TV providers. For more information, go to NFL.com/nflnetwork.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- 2021 Juneteenth Shooting At Oakland Lake Merritt Shows Some Black Kids Don’t Value Black Life – Our Fault
- Juneteenth Lake Merritt Shooting: Oakland City Council’s Nikki Fortunado Bas, Carroll Fife Statement
- Kumasi Aaron Of ABC 7 At Juneteenth Jubilee Oakland, Produced By Oakland City Council’s Loren Taylor
- Juneteenth Walk Down Broadway In Oakland Brings Back Memories For Instagram Poster
- 1 dead, others injured after shots fired at Lake Merritt
- Brooklyn Loses NBA Playoffs Game 7 To Milwalkee 115 – 111 Kevin Durant Reverts To Warriors Time
- Nba Super Teams Dont Win Right Away By- Eric Pangilinan
- Kevin Durant Is God Reaction – Hits Tie Shot To Send Game 7 Vs Bucks To Overtime
- NBA Western Conference Finals Set Suns Vs Clippers – By Eric Pangilinan
- Juneteeth Reaction: What Is Its Meaning To America? By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Cole Beasley Reaction To Joseph Armenderiaz Vlog By- Eric Pangilinan
- Juneteeth, What Is Its Meaning To America? By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Some Filipinos Question Manny Pacquaio Ability- To lead By Eric Pangilinan
- Who Is Nate Hobbs That Raiders 5th Round Draft Pick By- Eric Pangilinan
- Tropical Storm Claudette Downgraded To Depression Moving Through Fayetteville Georgia
- Royal Exchange In San Francisco: Zennie62 Live With Zennie Abraham And Beth Schnitzer Of Sprizt Mktg
- 2021 MLB Draft News: MLB Tabs NFL Draft Architect Frank Supovitz For 2021 MLB Draft Denver
- Happy Juneteenth Says Oakland Grand Lake Theater Marquee, Thanks To Allen Michaan
- Black Business Roundtable with Doug & Everett: Attorney Robert Harris, Harlem’s Walter Edwards
- Las Vegas Raiders And NFL Announce 2021 Preseason Schedule Dates, Times – A Quick Review