ONN – NFL Thanksgiving Day 2019: Bears, Bills, Saints Win; Oakland Raiders Las Vegas Stadium Trouble
NFL Thanksgiving Day 2019 produced no surprises. The teams that were expected to win, did: Chicago Bears, Buffalo Bills, and the New Orleans Saints won. And, in the case of the New Orleans Saints, they not only beat the Atlanta Falcons in Mercedes Benz Stadium, they won the NFC South in the process.
In other words, my prediction that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers would win the 2019 NFC South is officially toast.
This now sets up a battle for the NFC South Champion Saints versus the San Francisco 49ers. They have 10 days to prepare for the 10-1 (as of now) Niners; meanwhile the 49ers are traveling to Baltimore to play the red-hot Ravens.
While that’s happening, the Oakland Raiders travel to Kansas City to face the Chiefs, but off the field, another problem is brewing: Las Vegas Stadium is beset with a number of problems that threaten to delay its opening. And on that, the real news is it’s not going to make a July 31st, 2020 deadline to opening.
And word is the Oakland Raiders are working to adjust their option of their deal that allows them to play in Oakland in 2020. If they take the option, and have until April 1 to decide, then they have to pay $10.5 million to the Oakland Alameda County Coliseum Joint Powers Authority. That’s way above the $7.5 million they got for the new lease when Scott McKibben was the Coliseum JPA Executive Director.
They need to have that home because of the problems with Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas:
1) The Raiders are short the dozen of founding partner sponsors they said they needed to help pay for Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas. They have 9, and need 2 more as of this writing.
2) The Alligient Stadium / Las Vegas Stadium roof structure raising that was to be finished today is delayed, perhaps until April – which just happens to be the deadline for Coliseum JPA notice.
3) While no official reason was given for the Alligient Stadium / Las Vegas Stadium roof structure raising delay, it may be tied to the news that there are allegations “of flaws with the bolts being installed & a possible collapse of a small area last week, new bolts being ordered for some of the structural areas.” That comes from an out-of-the-blue previously unknown blogger named Tina Quizon, who put out a Tweet:
A Thanksgiving day completion date component is now pushed back for @raiders @NFL new Stadium, is this just scratching the surface of the alleged bolt & collaspe problems? – Las Vegas Review states – Allegiant Stadium Cable Netting Finish Date Pushed Back https://t.co/4CuTNzHNFj https://t.co/1gVMXM5EKb
— Tina Quizon (@TinaQuizon) November 28, 2019
Here’s the thing with what Tina Quizon reported: the bolts she reports about read as if it’s related to the bolts that tie the roof trusses to the steel structure. That would explain why the Alligient Stadium / Las Vegas Stadium roof is delayed. Moreover, it is one more problem with the new roof truss design that should cause concern for all involved, from the Governor of Nevada to the Mayor of Las Vegas.
And Tina followed up with this note of Alligient Stadium / Las Vegas Stadium information that I’m sharing with you, given its importance:
Tina Quizon: I will try to find out more but folks are afraid to talk any further then the original allegations told to me in fear of retaliation, especially after the New Orleans Hard rock hotel incident ….workers tried to tell of usage conditions prior and were meant with hostility & now harassment from GOVT …from what I was able to gather it happened about the week or two before my arrival on the 9th of Nov. but will try to reach back out to get more details of the location of the small collapse … many construction company’s been using inferior steel, rebar and bolts from China .. could be the cause here also ..
And it has been reported that Las Vegas and this project has been short on skilled steel workers and skilled steel welders …
So it adds to the possibly of structural integrity problem …and if the Alligient Stadium is doing some first in designs then the concepts have not been previously tried and proven as sound
Note from Oakland News Now Technical: this video-blog post shows the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. The main system is a major part of Zennie62Media’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. There, an uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-owned social media pages. This part allows rapid conversion of YouTube videos from any source channel (with permission and from Zennie62 on YouTube) to Oakland News Now blog posts. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- The New Orleans Gave QB Jameis Winston An Awful Offensive Game Plan – Here’s Why September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Defense Has Been The Difference This Year Compared To Last Year By Eric Pangilinan September 19, 2021
- Timeline of disappearance of Gabby Petito September 19, 2021
- Saints Loss To Panthers Because Coaches Weren’t Prepared, Left Jameis Winston With Bad Game Plan September 19, 2021
- Oakland, CA – Random BAY AREA ROAD TRIP VLOG w Best Fren Lolo! – IamLindaElaine September 19, 2021
- Body Found In Gabby Petito Search Effort In Wyoming – Update September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Upset Win vs Pittsburgh Steelers 26 – 17, Derek Carr On 7,000 Yd Pace For 2021 September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders QB Derek Carr Last Two Games Has 817 Total Passing Yards By Eric Pangilinan September 19, 2021
- Raiders Live: Postgame Pressers – 9.19.21 | Week 2 | Las Vegas Raiders September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders 2-0 Henry Ruggs III Stepped It Up In Week Two By Eric Pangilinan September 19, 2021
- Golden Bears earn first win of season in 42-30 victory over Hornets September 19, 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | September 19, 2021. 10am September 19, 2021
- LIVE: Saints-Panthers Postgame Show Week 2 | 2021 NFL September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Alex Leatherwood Out For 2nd Half With Injury By Joseph Armendariz September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Offensive Line Struggles In First Half At Steelers By Joseph Armendariz September 19, 2021
- Saints At Panthers – Will Jameis Winston Run Sean Payton’s Mike Martz Passing Approach? September 19, 2021
- Raiders vs Steelers Game Betting Prediction – Take Pittsburgh Give Points To Las Vegas September 19, 2021
- Oakland School For The Arts 8th Grade Promotion 2021 September 19, 2021
- Oakland School For The Arts Class 2021 Graduation September 19, 2021
- Twenty-Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time – Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes – Oakland – September 12th, 2021 September 19, 2021
- Best Nursing Schools in Oakland, California, United States September 19, 2021
- #1 Alabama vs #11 Florida: Extended Highlights | CBS Sports HQ September 19, 2021
- Nick Saban talks Alabama’s win vs. Florida | ESPN College Football September 19, 2021
- UCLA vs. Fresno State Postgame Press Conference After Upset Loss To Fresno State September 19, 2021
- Fresno State stuns No. 13 UCLA after an unforgettable fourth quarter September 19, 2021