NFL Names Jocelyn Moore First Black Female EVP For Communications, Public Relations.
Jocelyn Moore is an NFL executive who’s making a career crossover jump of sorts. When she was introduced to this blogger at the NFL Annual Meeting of 2017, the woman with the winning personality and ready handshake was the league’s lobbyist. A position she still served in when we were at the 2018 NFL Spring League Meeting in Atlanta.
Now, Ms. Moore takes on a role that was most recently held by former President Obama White House Press Secretary, and now CNN Contributor Joe Lockhart: Executive Vice President For Communications and Public Relations. And before Joe, Greg Aiello held the job for years. But for Jocelyn it comes with a twist: she still gets to do government affairs.
Jocelyn Moore becomes the first black female, or for that matter black person, to hold the top post of executive vice president of communications and public relations in the NFL’s history.
The NFL’s Chief Operating Officer Maryann Turcke made the announcement this week, saying “Jocelyn has a proven track record of developing effective communication strategies in a variety of dynamic and challenging environments,” said Turcke. “Jocelyn brings a perspective and passion for communicating to our fans and other stakeholders that will strengthen our voice and put the focus on our game.”
The National Football League reports that Ms. Moore joined the NFL in 2016 and led the league’s public policy and legislative agenda and coordinated closely with NFL clubs on local legislative and regulatory issues. Ms. Moore strengthened the league’s positioning both in Congress and with external advocacy organizations leading numerous initiatives, including strategic engagement around player health and safety, tax reform, trade, and telecommunications.
And the league reports that prior to joining the NFL, Jocelyn was a Managing Director in The Glover Park Group’s Government Affairs Division and co-led the firm’s Health & Wellness practice. Before GPG, Moore had a 15-year career in the United States Senate, including roles as Deputy Staff Director of the Senate Finance Committee, Deputy Chief of Staff and Policy Director for Senator Ron Wyden, and Legislative Director for Senator John D. Rockefeller IV.
The league says Jocelyn Moore began her career in the office of her home state Senator Zell Miller and later worked as a senior policy advisor to Senator Bob Graham. She is a two-time graduate of the University of Florida.
UPDATE: On Twitter, the real story is that Jocelyn is the NFL’s first African American to hold the communications and public relations EVP job, and folks want this blasted out for everyone to know. Take a read:
I believe Jocelyn Moore is the first African-American to head NFL PR, certainly first black woman. Do I have that right, NFL PR peeps?
— mike freeman (@mikefreemanNFL) June 26, 2018
— Dawn Montgomery (@BreakofDMG) June 26, 2018
This story should be blasted on every sports and entertainment outlet but I’m not really seeing the coverage. Jocelyn Moore has made history as she is the first African-American and black woman in a head NFL PR role : https://t.co/XsGPSOeVBu
— 24 (@sydneeW_) June 26, 2018
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Nba Time For The 76ers To Trade Ben Simmons- By Eric Pangilinan
- Maria Ayerdi Kaplan: Salesforce Transit Center Should Have Her Statue In Front Of It, Marc Beinoff
- Dave Kaval Headed Back To Las Vegas, After The Howard Terminal City Of Oakland Alameda County Fiasco
- What Atlanta 1 Step From NBA Finals 1 Year After Donald Trump, Rayshard Brooks, The Pandemic, Means
- Atlanta Hawks Shock Philadelphia 76ers 103 – 96 – Off To 2021 Eastern Conference Finals
- Louis Riddick Says Raiders Issue Always Been Defense Not Derek Carr – By Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Errol Spence Jr Belives He Is The big Dog- By Eric Pangilinan
- Gus Bradley Putting In New Defense System For The Raiders By – Eric Pangilinan
- Philippines Orders Biggest Doese Of Covid Vaccine
- Nba Western Conference Finals Devin Booker Shines By- Eric Pangilinan
- Deep Dish Pizza – Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria Classic Style At Uptown Plaza, Phoenix, 100 E Camelback Rd
- Gus Bradley Putting In New Defense System For The Raiders By- Eric Pangilinan
- 2021 Juneteenth Shooting At Oakland Lake Merritt Shows Some Black Kids Don’t Value Black Life – Our Fault
- Juneteenth Lake Merritt Shooting: Oakland City Council’s Nikki Fortunado Bas, Carroll Fife Statement
- Kumasi Aaron Of ABC 7 At Juneteenth Jubilee Oakland, Produced By Oakland City Council’s Loren Taylor
- Juneteenth Walk Down Broadway In Oakland Brings Back Memories For Instagram Poster
- 1 dead, others injured after shots fired at Lake Merritt
- Brooklyn Loses NBA Playoffs Game 7 To Milwalkee 115 – 111 Kevin Durant Reverts To Warriors Time
- NBA Super Teams Dont Win Right Away By- Eric Pangilinan
- Kevin Durant Is God Reaction – Hits Tie Shot To Send Game 7 Vs Bucks To Overtime