ONN – NFL Gives Oakland Raiders Debt Waiver For $378 Million Relocation Fee Due To Las Vegas Stadium Cost
There was, as usual with NFL stadium, financial, and technical issues, a major media misunderstanding regarding the NFL’s waiver of debt for the $378 million relocation fee.
As per the NFL in past conversations, the relocation fee is actually paid in installments over a five year period, so it starts off as an amortized debt, anyway. But the Oakland Raiders can’t afford to pay that $75.6 million annual cost for the next five years because they don’t have the money, and so sought permission to borrow it.
The Oakland Raiders have resolvable revenue problems in Las Vegas resulting from the fact that as of this date, only nine of a needed minimum of 12 founding partner sponsors that Raiders President Marc Badain has said are needed, have been secured.
In addition, the delay of the $30 million founding partner sponsorship with the Southern Nevada Water Resources Authority signaled two problems: first, that no private sector company would agree to such a payment and thus become the 10th founding partner sponsor, second, that the private market was so dry, the Raiders had to go to a public organization.
Such a situation is not common with NFL Stadiums. Normally, the founding partner sponsor is a private sector company, and at that, a fortune 500 firm. But in the case of the Las Vegas Bound Oakland Raiders, they’ve only been able to sign up three large nationally-known companies: Allegiant Airlines, Cox Communications and Caesar’s Entertainment. The other organizations have been regional firms.
By contrast, the Atlanta Falcons have secured Sun Trust, Mercedes Benz, Coca Cola (not a regional bottling company), AT&T, Equifax, Home Depot, National Cash Register, American Family Insurance, SCANA Energy, IBM, and Georgia Power, as founding partner sponsors. That’s a list the Raiders can only dream of matching – and that’s the problem.
The Raiders sponsorship effort is hampered by two things: being in the 42nd largest media market in America, and a rush to build the stadium using a difficult time frame. The Raiders don’t have all of the sponsor money needed, and have faced a mechanics lien lawsuit already (that they say have been taken care of).
Note from Oakland News Now Technical: this video-blog post shows the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. The main system is a major part of Zennie62Media’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. There, an uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-owned social media pages. This part allows rapid conversion of YouTube videos from any source channel (with permission and from Zennie62 on YouTube) to Oakland News Now blog posts. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Diageo Official Spirits Sponsor Of The National Football League
- 2022 Honda CIVIC Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 45605
- 2022 Honda CIVIC Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 45607
- Riding The Craziest Roller Coaster In England Tom Simons – Tommyinnit Reaction Video
- Loki Episode 2 : Response To Zennie Of Zennie62 By Joseph Armendariz
- President Biden Meeting Russian President Putin Is Our American Expression Of Democracy
- Juneteenth Is A National Holiday – My Complex Relationship With Juneteenth
- Review Of Marvel Studios Loki Episode 2 Review By Joseph Armendariz – Is Loki Evil?
- Loki Episode 2 : Did We See A Spiderman Logo Easter Egg By:Joseph Armendariz
- Loki Episode 2: Reaction And Commentary By Joseph Armendariz
- World Elder Abuse Awareness: Oakland Must Prioritize Getting Homeless Elderly Into Homes
- Kevin Durant Saves The Brooklyn Nets Season In Game Five Against The Bucks, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Homeless Encampment Believed To Be Cause Of Fire In Irwindale CA By Joseph Armendariz
- Derek Carr Is A Good Example Of What Being A Raider Means – By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders: Josh Jacob’s Derek Carr Mini Camp Press Conference My Take Joseph Armendariz
- Charles Barkley Says He Not Having Fun Anymore Because Of Cancel Culture -By Eric Pangilinan
- Charles Barkley Says He Not Having Fun Anymore
- What Will Be The Raiders Keys To Having A Winning Season: By Eric pangilinan
- Howard Terminal Ballpark Oakland A’s Presentation To Alameda County With City of Oakland
- Charles Barkley Slams Cancel Culture – By Eric Pangilinan