The NFL Draft’s next stop is Las Vegas, and the word by the NFL is that the event will be held on “Las Vegas Boulevard and Surrounding Areas”.
But given the success of Nashville’s NFL Draft, which was the league’s largest footprint and generated the most visitors and revenue, and the Chicago version, which was so nice, they did it twice in 2015 and 2016, Las Vegas would do better to copy the formula established by those great NFL cities: have the Draft largely in one area.
In the case of Nashville, the NFL managed to control an area that consisted of 32 blocks in Downtown Nashville, and Nissan Stadium across the river. In the case of Chicago, the NFL had the entire lake front park, including Buckingham Fountain. In both cases, the main formula that worked was the NFL Draft was focused in a large area.
Las Vegas’ idea of having the NFL Draft in “surrounding areas” reads like someone’s trying to make everyone happy. And you know what they say: try to make everyone happy and no one is happy. Period.
The central and only place for the NFL Draft should be an area defined Las Vegas Convention Center and the parking areas to either side of the Monorail stop. The NFL Experience could be in the Central Hall, with the main stage in the outdoors area where, at CES Las Vegas (which I’ve covered for 10 years) the Gibson Guitar Company and Google would set up. In all, taking in the South Parking Area, there’s enough room to fit every aspect of the NFL Draft, from the Red Carpet to the interview rooms, all right there and form a kind of campus in the process.
Spreading Out The NFL Draft In Las Vegas Would Be A Disaster
Again, spreading out the NFL Draft in Las Vegas would be a disaster. The Draft works best, and has worked best, when the league has been able to control a large space, and with only a handful of events away from it.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings | Official Teaser
- Oakland Schools News: OEA & OUSD Reach Tentative Agreement On 21-22 School Year Calendar
- Rusty Hardin, Deshaun Watson Lawyer, Asserts Client’s Innocence In Statement After Filing Response
- WhereDoWeGoOakland Is An Oakland Success By Derrick Soo
- Texans QB Deshaun Watson Answer To 22 Tony Buzbee Lawsuits Details Lies, Money Grab
- 2021 NFL First Round Mock Draft By Dave Squires
- WhereDoWeGoOakland Is A Success By Derrick Soo
- First Flight of the Ingenuity Mars Helicopter: Live from Mission Control
- LIVE: Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team — 4/19/21
- WHITE HOUSE LIVE CAM – Washington D.C. | USA | earthTV®
- USS Oakland (LCS-24) Commissioning Ceremony
- Capolow Talks Oakland, The Bay Area, Having His Own Strain, Signing To Cinematic
- USS Oakland (LCS 24) Joins the Fleet
- Daunte Wright and Adam Toledo Protest – Oakland 4/16
- Oakland A’s 2021 Final Out and Win Celebration VS Detroit Tigers 4/17/21
- Oakland Pre-K Through 6th Grade Classes Set to Reopen Monday
- Port of Oakland Drone Flight 4K
- Resurrection Oakland Church | April 18, 2021. 10am
- 2021 NFL Mock Draft V3 Livestream By Zennie62Media For April 18th
- Katy Perry Backs That Ass Up To Shocked Luke Bryan On American Idol